Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: BOXCAR “ELVIS ALOHA via SATELLITE” BOOK INFO & TRAILER

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:27 am

robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:This is Boxcar production Tunzi contributed with the photos, as for the price it will be between 70-80 Euros

So they did collaborate, thank you. So if Tunzi is charging $175 a copy, that is as a representative of the project.

Doc, you are committing an association fallacy, which is ...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." ;-)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:35 am

So Boxcar have 'collaborated' with Tunzi? This probably means that this is gonna just be the 2 books that Tunzi has already done about "Aloha"re-hashed, with a few extra documents and pages thrown in. :|

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:This is Boxcar production Tunzi contributed with the photos, as for the price it will be between 70-80 Euros

So they did collaborate, thank you. So if Tunzi is charging $175 a copy, that is as a representative of the project.

First of all, you do obviously not understand Shakespeare's Hamlet at all, maybe you should read a book every once in a while, that would get you educated, you know it is never too late, plus it will bring some peace to the message board, since it would prevent you from posting for a while.

Now since I don’t have time to explain it all in detail, here is the short explanation of Wikipedia:

“The phrase has come to mean that one can "insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what one is saying."
This usage of the phrase is based on a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "protest" as it was used in Shakespeare's day, as the "protest" of the lady is not a protest in the modern sense of the word, but an affirmation or avowal.
The phrase's actual meaning is, "I think the lady is promising too much."

Now Doc, again you got caught being wrong.
First you commit an association fallacy, but instead of at least trying to refute my point, you go down to the emotional level, which for one shows that you are unable to come up with a logical counter point and the only thing left for you to do is to paint me also guilty since I posted somewhat in defense of JP, by bringing up your fallacy.

But you cant even get that right, you simply repeating a misquotation, which clearly shows you don't know what you are talking about.
Now, pls post another one, so far you got 2 out of 2 wrong, come on lets make it 3 out of 3!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

When you quote me quote all of it

Doc, you are committing an association fallacy, which is for one illogical, two immoral and consequently even illegal!!!
The fact that Party A (J. Pirzada) gives LIMITED production credits (watch how the boxcar swallows the JAT logo in the trailer) to Party B (J. Tunzi) does NOT make Party A responsible, or even guilty for the selling practice of Party B.
This is a typical red herring fallacy you are committing.

Having said this, let me now show to the entire world how illogical your points concerning this particular issue are.
Steve Barile wrote the Text for the Aloha book, so he collaborated with Tunzi and Pirzada, NOW according to your logic, it is also Steve Barile's fault/responsibility that Tunzi rips off Elvis fans by selling a 90-100 USD book (70-80 Euro) for 175 USD, correct?

Now if you want to insist that is the case, than Steve Barile is responsible for the lay out, the packaging and the audio mix of any FTD release in which he participated by contributing photos i.e. collaborated!

Now, you see Doc, you are wrong and once again you got caught being wrong!

For those who don’t know the term “Association Fallacy”, “Guilt by Association” and “Red Herring”, here are the Wikipedia definition:

„An association fallacy is an inductive informal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association. The two types are sometimes referred to as guilt by association and honor by association. Association fallacies are a special case of red herring, and can be based on an appeal to emotion.“ (Source: wikipedia.com)

... everyone feel free to to refute me, but it wont work!

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
iplayastrat wrote:
But you got to admit, everyone loves
Toonces.

Not as much as "Tardar Sauce" (aka "Grumpy Cat")........="-"=

That cat's expression looked like me when I opened my A Boy From Tupelo set
to find "glue residue" on all the CD's.

The glue is put there on purpose to intoxicate the fan prior to listening. It's all about mind control.

Maybe Col. Parker is still around running things.
How much does the glue cost if it's free?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:50 am

i'm still furious @ $175 price,,.....
yes for $100 i would buy it but too much cost is way too expensive @ $175!~ :?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:22 am

I dont why people are getting off on this $175. Well its the same 2-3 and of course want to push fully knowing, that everywhere the RRP is around the £70 pound. With some dealers selling it for even less.

Look on Amazon RRP is £80. Look on Giles site, same price as the Graceland book £65. It is upto whatever dealer to sell as they please. Producers are not responsible for what dealers sell it for. The books belong to the dealers and in this case Tunzi is a dealer.

Notice how the savage boy tries not to slag Tunzi off for selling it at $175 but instead tries to blame someone else :facep: Noticed how this guy has not the balls to go after Tunzi. Yet does not blame that same someone for selling to dealers who will sell it at around the 75 euro price. This is A BOXCAR PRODUCTION NOT A TUNZI PRODUCTION. Im sure Tunzi's contribution of photos including over 75 unpublished he got from Brower (68@40) is credited as is.

None the less it is a Boxcar Production. If you did not like the Final Curtain or the Graceland book then you wont like this.

Come on savage boy, Actually say it ... Tunzi is completely out of order for selling it at $175. Come on SAY IT. You know Tunzi is reading this post... why are you blaming everyone else BUT Tunzi. Even Boxcar themselves are selling it around £70. IM COMING AFTER YOU ON THIS ONE SAVAGE BOY

Im waiting savage boy..... :lol:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 am

robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

First of all, you ...

The more you post, the better I look. ;-)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:15 am

Wrong Doc, you look a long way off the mark as usual, but as said when quoting try quoting everything instead of the tiny bits you think you can throw a little spin on, and why no answer to memphiskings post, you know the one just above your one here?? :oops: :oops: :wink:

Just a case of not on your agenda is it? :wink: :wink: :smt004 :smt005 :wink: :facep:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

First of all, you ...

Doc, do you really believe what you are posting ... that the more I expose you, the better you would look?

Sure, if you hope that some pity you after you making a fool out of yourself?

....yeah I guess it is possible.

Its is known that there some ppl from the leftist fraction around here who are automatically on the side of the seemingly weak, I am confident, to them I might look like a mean vengeful thug, but to those who still have not abandon their brains, you look like a clown after the nonsense you have posted.

It is also very evident that you try to quote me, but at the same time cut my quotes short, because those quotes of mine clearly show that you have no valid points about this thread, only fallacies and misquotations due to lack of education, or even lack of mental ability, who knows and more important who cares?!

Man, i think I pity you too now and i am not a leftist at all.

But you know what, this does not really matter, the fact that you are for once speechless and unable to even try yourself on a refutation of my points clearly shows what and who you really are.

BTW your posts like: "The more you post, the better I look." wont work, or do you really believe that now that you posted this "magical" line, I instantly sit back and think to myself, "oh I better stop now, because exposing Doc and his errors makes him look good and me maybe even look bad"?

I always suspected that you have some serious lacks in the mental department, but who knows, so far it does not look all that good for you from where I stand, So keep on, maybe one day you will get it right, as you seam to know; it is never too late!

… but then again, we are talking about YOU ….

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:35 pm

ah after reading Memphisking's response i feel i read some balanced comment now. That kind of price is totally 'ok' and i'll certainly be getting a copy at a 'reasonable price' :wink: :D

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Despite that i do like it when people endorse certain Elvis stuff,i do find it amazing ( for a better word) that so many people
even on this board are trying to make alot of money on Elvis. I've seen in all my 40 years all kinds of arguments why people
think it is normal to ask so much money for some Elvis stuff when infact it was Elvis who never wanted it that his fans
paid so much for things from him. I Always call those 'fans' golddigers. Period.

Regarding the Boxcar endorsement by PEP i would say that it is somewhat strange if you still think that all reviews are done
for free and not biased. Almost all reviews are 'bought' with money or goods. And with that, never pure, honesty.
Do you really think (lets take a sidestep that Wallstreet Journal and journalist Walt Mossberg and who always gets the first
look on Apple's new toys, is not biased? Het gets to keep the new toys in advance thanks to Steve Jobs)

So to make a fuzz about it, is a waste of your time. Just buy the Boxcar goodie if you can orelse let it go. If you think it is
way overpriced,leave it and move on with your life. In the end it all comes down if you think it is worth your money.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:48 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
robbie wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

First of all, you ...

As usual Doc your wrong again, Tunzi is credited for supplying pictures, etc to this book that does not make him a chairman of Boxcar, just as with your contribution to the FTD book “The Boy From Tupelo” you are no more a chairman on the board at FTD, are you? :oops: :wink:

So the more people post hardly contributes to you looking better, it more exposes you for a fool that is even less in touch with reality than normal for you. :facep: :oops: :wink:

But that’s understandable that you want to champion your pal Tunzi, nothing wrong with your agenda there. :wink:
But if Tunzi was for arguments sake a chairman of the Boxcar label, perhaps you can enlighten why he is charging $70.00 more than everyone else in the world is charging for this book? :shock: :cry:

And the recommended retail price is $122.00 = £80 and most dealers are charging less than that Delivered?

But as with all products the RRP is just a guide to the seller they can sell it for more or less. Mr Tunzi who has obviously done a deal in supplying pictures or what ever to Boxcar to which he has no doubt been paid or getting stock of the book at a good rate (I don’t know, but it don’t take a scientist to work out who Tunzi is out to screw over), but just for you as it no doubt will go above your head, his customers. :oops: :facep:

As with his Hot Shits & Cool Clips 6 his replies to those who have complained is “thanks for your support in buying my products now go away:facep: :oops:

All that Tunzi brings to the table these days is a bad name to be involved with, just like his pal Lichter, there is only so long you can screw people over. :oops: :cry:

Luckily Boxcar has a good enough name at the moment they can ride the storm of having JAT credited in the book. But it sure makes me think twice when I see JAT advertised anywhere. :oops: :cry:

I take nothing away from your pal Doc for his early work, it’s only the last few years he has shot his reputation down the pan, with his attitude of today that “Fans will buy any sh*t
But hay hoe Doc nothing new there, with your double standards is there? :wink:

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Are you suggesting ( reading the last line) that some folks inhere are using various accounts to post inhere and pretend
they are different plp when infact it is the same person?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Matthew wrote:
PEP wrote:Ok, I'll make it as clear as I can.
No arrangements have been made for me to get a Free book.
Never asked for One and was Not Offered One.
I plan to BUY the book when available .
I Have NOT been paid in anyway from Boxcar or
anyone else and there is No plan for me to get any
money out of this at all.

Thanks, better late than never I guess. It is helpful to know this.
Not sure why?? As I'm sure it would have made
No difference when I provided my opinion for "Boy From Tupelo"
You did not ask this question then. But I think we know why now. Don't we?
(I was by the way offered a FREE copy of "Boy From Tupelo, tho I did end up buying it.)
Nevertheless the "Boy From Tupelo"
was and is a "Essential" release as you well know or most know or would agree.
An the reality I feel the same for Boxcars' Aloha Book project.
As I know Prizada has being working on this project for years'.
This was not and is not something that was put together
over night. Hardwork and research went into this project and its' going to show.
I use the word "Essential" for the reason, this would be Essential for
any Elvis Fan who is a Elvis book collector like myself and who want a well documented
well put together, informative, in depth Picture book of this Historic Event
in Elvis' career. They are the Ones' that should get this book and will.
What the "Boy From Tupelo" was for the 1953-1955 Elvis .
Boxcar's Elvis Aloha Book will be the same for Elvis 1973.

"Anyway, this looks' like another WINNER from Boxcar!

This is going to be another Quality book which should
be a must for most Elvis Fans' !

Totaly "ESSENTIAL" ! (In my opinion.)

The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !"

Have you seen the book PEP?

Nope I haven't seen the book yet, I have only seen as much as you have
through the trailer provided.
phpBB [video]

However, I am confident of Joseph Prizada's work ethic in producing a quality project.
His other projects' have been just that.(Quality) There is No reason why this one wouldn't be either.
The key for me in the picture department for this book will be what Boxcar came up with
In what they were able to acquire directly from NBC and then what Tunzi brought
to the table through his connection with Rober Brower & Timothy Mulrenan.
These two guys' were the main source for pictures' which were used for the
JAT Productions Book project "68 at 40".
None of their pictures' can be seen in the Aloha trailer by the way.

So, here's the thing. I'm pretty confident there are going to be some surprises in pictures'
that are going to blow us away. As Brower & Mulrenan had some very cool shots from the Aloha Concert
on their website a number of years ago, but sadly the website is No more. they also were selling some prints'
in Memphis a number of years' ago that were pretty impressive.

Plus keep this in mind too, with the new documentation and all, I think this really is going to be the Ultimate
Aloha book. in other words what I wrote above what "Boy From Tupelo" did for documenting the
1953 -1955 Elvis, this Aloha Book from Boxcar will be the main Reference book
for the Aloha Special.

PEP 8)

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:42 am

I (think) PEP is most likely correct. Pity Sony couldn't see the potential for a package of newly re-mastered CD's AND great book as a marketing product great idea!~

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:41 am

PEP wrote:Not sure why?? As I'm sure it would have made

No PEP, "we" don't. All it would have taken on the first page is a "no" PEP - which would not have been hard to write. Hell, a disclaimer in your adverts would help dispell the confusion they create. If you're going to be so brazen endlessly promoting product from preferred companies it is helpful to know whether you're getting a nice backhander for such work because when you make statements like:

this looks' like another WINNER
This is going to be another Quality book which should be a must for most Elvis Fans' !
Totaly "ESSENTIAL" !
The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !

..when you haven't even SEEN the book it begs the question how you can otherwise make such statements. How can you expect to be taken seriously unless a) you're being paid in someway to advertise the product or b) you've actually seen the product to draw your conclusions.

If I had an agenda against this release I wouldn't be praising the promo and complimenting what looks like a nicely put together package based on the available information. And since that is all we have to go on, it STILL looks like a nicely put together package and the promo is STILL a slick promo with a fun Superman: The Movie nod. As before, hopefully the essay is an honest reflection on the event.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am

Matthew wrote:
PEP wrote:Not sure why?? As I'm sure it would have made

No PEP, "we" don't. All it would have taken on the first page is a "no" PEP - which would not have been hard to write. Hell, a disclaimer in your adverts would help dispell the confusion they create. If you're going to be so brazen endlessly promoting product from preferred companies it is helpful to know whether you're getting a nice backhander for such work because when you make statements like:

this looks' like another WINNER
This is going to be another Quality book which should be a must for most Elvis Fans' !
Totaly "ESSENTIAL" !
The Ultimate Elvis Aloha Book !

..when you haven't even SEEN the book it begs the question how you can otherwise make such statements. How can you expect to be taken seriously unless a) you're being paid in someway to advertise the product or b) you've actually seen the product to draw your conclusions.

If I had an agenda against this release I wouldn't be praising the promo and complimenting what looks like a nicely put together package based on the available information. And since that is all we have to go on, it STILL looks like a nicely put together package and the promo is STILL a slick promo with a fun Superman: The Movie nod. As before, hopefully the essay is an honest reflection on the event.

Agreed Mathew,before one endorses a book as essential they should have at least seen it.We can all look at a trailer and think that looks like it could be good (and it does look good) but it doesn't show enough to give it such an endorsement.

norrie

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:03 am

YDKM wrote:I (think) PEP is most likely correct. Pity Sony couldn't see the potential for a package of newly re-mastered CD's AND great book as a marketing product great idea!~

That's my disappointment too.
SONY should have done a quality book (as for PFAP) for their Aloha Legacy set with some quality unreleased photos.
Would have made it a far more interesting release.

Cheers
Piers

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:11 am

PiersEIN wrote:That's my disappointment too.
SONY should have done a quality book (as for PFAP) for their Aloha Legacy set with some quality unreleased photos.

Unfortunately all the window dressing in the world cannot make the event any more interesting than it should and could have been. Only Elvis could have done something about that, when he was giving the performances. Aloha is a pretty dull listen musically, and less dull to watch. Hundreds of photos cannot change that.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 am

PiersEIN wrote:
YDKM wrote:I (think) PEP is most likely correct. Pity Sony couldn't see the potential for a package of newly re-mastered CD's AND great book as a marketing product great idea!~

That's my disappointment too.

Cheers
Piers

Well the PFAP booklet can hardly be described as a book.It's a good idea for Aloha but unfortunatley the market for that kind of product has gone.FTD maybe but Sony mainstream release-NO WAY.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:22 am

Matthew wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:That's my disappointment too.

Unfortunately all the window dressing in the world cannot make the event any more interesting than it should and could have been. Only Elvis could have done something about that, when he was giving the performances. Aloha is a pretty dull listen musically, and less dull to watch. Hundreds of photos cannot change that.

It's all a matter of taste and what one likes. Some find it dull, others don't. I love listening and watching the show and thanks to the new legacy release, I enjoy listening to the Alternate.

That's the beauty of Elvis. Some like the movies, some like the man, and some like the music. The same goes for the decades ('50s, '60s, '70s) and genres (rock, gospel, blues, soundtrack). To each his own.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 am

There was absolutely Nothing wrong with Elvis's REPERTOIRE for the Aloha show..... he scooped up songs from last 2 years NOT previously recorded or sung and put them in his show to fill out a Vegas based list with another 15 minutes worth of show.
compared to say his ATLANTA 73' show and paticularily his super closing tour July 3rd show 'Aloha' was lack-luster in on stage movements, but that's all his singing was certainly 'ok.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:50 am

YDKM wrote:There was absolutely Nothing wrong with Elvis's REPERTOIRE for the Aloha show.....

Oh, it wasn't without flaws.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:43 am

robbie wrote:Its is known that there some ppl from the leftist fraction around here who are automatically on the side of the seemingly weak, I am confident, to them I might look like a mean vengeful thug, but to those who still have not abandon their brains, you look like a clown after the nonsense you have posted.

Yes, the nonsense I have posted. ;-)

No, you definitely don't come off as a "mean vengeful thug" ... :D