Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: The all NEW "Elvis Movie/Publicity Photo Shoots"...

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

The photographers would snap away and take hundreds of shots in these sessions. Contact sheets would be printed and the publicity departments would select a dozen or so for the key set. The rest would usually get destroyed.

This contact sheet surviving is very rare!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:58 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:The photographers would snap away and take hundreds of shots in these sessions. Contact sheets would be printed and the publicity departments would select a dozen or so for the key set. The rest would usually get destroyed.

This contact sheet surviving is very rare!

Good point! It probably is worth the money then, if that's the original contact sheet. Or maybe those are just copies from the original sheet. That would make a difference in bidding, I'm sure. Anyway, some unseen shots there. I just stumbled on it looking for Elsa Cardenas pics. :)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 pm

At the risk of being totally anal (I know, I know, "Greggers, that's a polite word for what you are.") ... :facep:
On the costars page (http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/co-stars), the pics are in chronological order by film, obviously, but the Kissin Cousins shots are out of place. The one of Yvonne Craig is in the right spot, but the rest are down between Tickle Me and Frankie And Johnny.
...see?, told ya it was anal. :)

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Here's one of Marilyn Mason, taken for The Trouble With Girls.

marilynmason008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:20 pm

For everyone interested, the 'Fun In Acapulco' folder has seen a major update; you can't miss the shots when you open it. Roughly 50 new photos in there.
Also various other folders have gotten some new additions here and there, but this is the biggest one.

--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/F ... pulco-1963

And thanks for yet more updates, greggers. We'll fix them soon.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Ah, costars page in order, I feel better now. :)
There's also the two Ann-Margret pics I posted that are missing, unless you think they may not be from the official shoot. A-M fan thinks they are though. Well, the one is just a colorized pic of the one you have already.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 pm

greggers wrote:Ah, costars page in order, I feel better now. :)
There's also the two Ann-Margret pics I posted that are missing, unless you think they may not be from the official shoot. A-M fan thinks they are though. Well, the one is just a colorized pic of the one you have already.

lol, nothing wrong with being a bit "anal" with folders Greggers. We are the same too. Although sometimes we do makes mistakes (usually me lol) and it's good to be pointed out about them.
The Ann Margret shots have now been added. If her fans say they are from VLV, then I'm not one to argue with them.
Many thanks for your continued support Greggers :)

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 am

onelove wrote:For everyone interested, the 'Fun In Acapulco' folder has seen a major update; you can't miss the shots when you open it. Roughly 50 new photos in there.
Also various other folders have gotten some new additions here and there, but this is the biggest one.

--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/F ... pulco-1963

And thanks for yet more updates, greggers. We'll fix them soon.

Thanks for the update..
i was always fond of this poster and full body pose from Fun In Acapulco
as it hung on the wall of my bedroom when i was a teen for awhile!!

A new one for Tickle Me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Elton wrote:

A new one for Tickle Me?

Bit of a strange one that one Elton. Not quite sure if it's an "on set" or a screen cap.
Thanks anyway :)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 pm

Don't know what it is either.....from the movie in b/w?.....i guess...elvis is on the right?..lol...one can't see anything on this one

Anyway its not a promoshot...and that is what this thread is about.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:33 am

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:
Elton wrote:

A new one for Tickle Me?

Bit of a strange one that one Elton. Not quite sure if it's an "on set" or a screen cap.
Thanks anyway :)

yea really, i agree strange .. as far as promo shots ....hence the ?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 pm

It looks like an image pulled from a bad 8mm transfer on a VHS tape, probably from the on-set home movies of Elvis in front of the process screen.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Is the person at right even elvis?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:38 am

Ann-Margret in Viva Las Vegas.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:49 pm

The fool wrote:Ann-Margret in Viva Las Vegas.

That shot has now been added. Thank you :)

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:09 am

Love Me Tender

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 pm

The fool wrote:Love Me Tender

Many thanks "Fool". Another great one for us that has been added. :smt006

Sun May 05, 2013 10:19 pm

There has been quite a few new shots added recently, mainly to the co stars folder. One that all you men may find of particular interest is this one of Ann Margret > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/c ... /vlv-ann3s

Fun in Acapulco had a huge amount of shots added not too long, but still they keep coming- We have bumped into some new ones from the black shirt solo shoot, like this one for example > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/F ... /fia-blk22

Harum Scarum got a cool new addition too > http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/H ... /hs-swrd4h

One of the folders that we are desperate to find new shots for is the "Stay Away Joe" one, so we were pretty excited to come across this >

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/S ... -1967/saj9

We'd really appreciate any help with that folder in particular. It's a bit low on pictures.There must be more out there somewhere. Same with Speedway. We have still to bump into a publicity shot of Nancy Sinatra for that movie. Anyone able to help with that?

Hope you are all still enjoying the folders. These are just a few examples of some of the new finds we have. There is plenty more to see

Check them out. http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/

Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Some stunning studio pics. Elvis looked phenomenal during Fun In Acapulco. Thanks Honky Tonk Angel!

Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

I hadn't peeked in here until today, but WOW, what a neat thread!! Lots of new pics to my eyes. A big THANKS to all who've contributed..... :D

Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 am

Looking at all the shots for many of the films, it's obvious that the largest percentage were taken with the realization that Elvis' better side is his left. The older he got, the more true this statement is. He's much more handsome in shots highlighting his left side.

Thanks for this thread. It's wonderful to look through.

Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 am

stevelecher wrote: He's much more handsome in shots highlighting his left side.

Well speaking from a woman's point of view, Elvis was handsome no matter which side he was taken from :wink:

But thanks so much to you and KHoots for the positive comments. It's great to hear that people are getting something out of it

Thank you! :)

Sun May 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:

It's great to hear that people are getting something out of it

i do alot. i am a sucker for this publicity shots. always was and always will be.
thats why tunzis "portrait" book was an absolutly treat for me....the first and only book that contained only publicity shots.
many or most fans do not care so much for the publicity shots...they prefer mostly live shots or candids etc.
which is ok.
i love those publicity shots....maybe because i became a fan of elvis in my childhood because of his movies.
so i appreciate a collection which strive for completeness on publicity shots very much.

Sun May 19, 2013 2:26 pm

matilda wrote:
Honky Tonk Angel wrote:

It's great to hear that people are getting something out of it

i do alot. i am a sucker for this publicity shots. always was and always will be.
thats why tunzis "portrait" book was an absolutly treat for me....the first and only book that contained only publicity shots.
many or most fans do not care so much for the publicity shots...they prefer mostly live shots or candids etc.
which is ok.
i love those publicity shots....maybe because i became a fan of elvis in my childhood because of his movies.
so i appreciate a collection which strive for completeness on publicity shots very much.

To be honest, I didn't appreciate the publicity shots before we started to collect them. I too became a fan of Elvis through his movies in my childhood, but I overlooked the pictures from that era in favour of live shots from the 70's.
But now it has become something that I am so glad "J" and myself started because it has helped to learn more about a period in Elvis' career that we didn't know too much about.
And of course, it looks fantastic seeing all the shots together in order for each film, even if I do say so myself lol
Although it must be said that "J" is a huge part of this and he is always busy with the folders when he can, constantly updating them.

Thanks for your support Maltilda :smt006

Sun May 19, 2013 7:40 pm

from one of the magazines on gers website.....i would say its from fun in acapulco