Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 pm

eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: This also goes for sets by comedians Nipsey Russell and Sammy Shore, who opened Elvis gigs in 1969-1971.

DOC, I'm not trying to be a wise guy with this question. Did Nipsey Russell open for Elvis in the era mentioned? I was unaware of that. Did he also open during the 1970 tours as well or just Las Vegas? IF it is true, then thanks. I learned something new about Elvis.

rlj

Nipsey Russell opened the Presley shows at the Sahara Tahoe in July-August 1971.

Jay Leno used to open for Tom Jones in the late 70's. When we saw Jones in Denver in 82 he had comedian George Wallace open for him.

Unfortunately, we don't need their sets for evaluating the Presley show.

It will be so crucial to hear Kahane's set ... hopefully soon.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Any chance after you get it you can upload a YouTube video of track 6 on CD #1?

Probably can if its a serious request by you.

drjohncarpenter wrote:It will be so crucial to hear Kahane's set ... hopefully soon.

do you know it by now, johnny 2523? :wink:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Christopher wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Any chance after you get it you can upload a YouTube video of track 6 on CD #1?

drjohncarpenter wrote:It will be so crucial to hear Kahane's set ... hopefully soon.

nope not yet, should arrive within 2 days.
and yes i know the doc is not serious so i didn't took him serious either lol

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Christopher wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

I am serious. Christopher is just jealous of me, like all the rest.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
Christopher wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

I am serious. Christopher is just jealous of me, like all the rest.

Sure u are lol

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:Sure u are lol

OK, I get it.

Your hatred for Jackie Kahane is quite clear.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Track 6 is the longest of CD 1, Which is jackie kahane's act, it runs for 24 minutes

Goin back to memphis is slower then the June 10 1975 version. And the sound is quite good actually on CD 1

Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

The sound on CD 2 is better and an improvement then back with a bang, here is a sample first about 1 minute of Back with a bang and then the same minute but this time from the new CD.
The bonus songs ARE the one's from a legendary performer

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/1 ... reen_Grass
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:42 pm

You're the reason i'm living in better sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSd9t0h_Nc

Take Care

Alex

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Especially for the Doc, the complete jackie kahane track http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/1 ... ts_Saddest

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Can someone check the bonus SBs..I thing they could be from the ALP Vol. 5 and 6 imports..

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Can someone check the bonus SBs..I thing they could be from the ALP Vol. 5 and 6 imports..

They are, but atleast now we have the date

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Unless I’ve missed something, "I’ll Remember You” and "Hound Dog” may still be unrelased as they did not appear on any of the "Legendary Performer” volumes from Madison.

28 Big Boss Man
29 My Boy
30 I'll Remember You
31 Hound Dog
32 An American Trilogy
33 If You Love Me ( let Me Know )

According to the Elvis In Norway site:

VOL. 5

30: My Boy (Las Vegas, March 1975)
31: Big Boss Man (Las Vegas, March 1975)

VOL. 7

27: If You Love Me (Las Vegas, March 1975) [the back cover of the actual CD states it's Spring '77]

VOL. 8

23: American Trilogy (Las Vegas, March 1975) [the back cover of the actual CD states it's August 1972]

Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm

hm80ep wrote:Unless I’ve missed something, "I’ll Remember You” and "Hound Dog” may still be unrelased as they did not appear on any of the "Legendary Performer” volumes from Madison.

28 Big Boss Man
29 My Boy
30 I'll Remember You
31 Hound Dog
32 An American Trilogy
33 If You Love Me ( let Me Know )

According to the Elvis In Norway site:

VOL. 5

30: My Boy (Las Vegas, March 1975)
31: Big Boss Man (Las Vegas, March 1975)

VOL. 7

27: If You Love Me (Las Vegas, March 1975) [the back cover of the actual CD states it's Spring '77]

VOL. 8

23: American Trilogy (Las Vegas, March 1975) [the back cover of the actual CD states it's August 1972]

cool thanks for saying!!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:23 pm

"I was having dinner in the hotel restaurant. They told me it's customary to leave 15 to 20%. I said, 'No thanks, I always eat the whole thing."

There appears to be some crosstalk, near the end of the recording. Someone says Joe Esposito is "changing a tire."

You can't make this stuff up.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:25 pm

elvisjock wrote:"I was having dinner in the hotel restaurant. They told me it's customary to leave 15 to 20%. I said, 'No thanks, I always eat the whole thing."

There appears to be some crosstalk, near the end of the recording. Someone says Joe Esposito is "changing a tire."

You can't make this stuff up.

Brilliant. Jock, you should showcase this material on your radio show.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 pm

Jack the Hack got 20 minutes. Voice got 5. We wuz robbed!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:51 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:The sound on CD 2 is better and an improvement then back with a bang, here is a sample first about 1 minute of Back with a bang and then the same minute but this time from the new CD.
The bonus songs ARE the one's from a legendary performer

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/1 ... reen_Grass

Nice short, clean nails. Well done. :wink:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:39 am

Thanks londonflash for the sample and bonus songs info. whilst this new cd sound CERTAINLY IS an 'improvement' i refuse to buy it for 'bonus' tracks already that have been released!~ a RIP-OFF!~ :evil:

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 am

YDKM wrote:...' i refuse to buy it for 'bonus' tracks already that have been released!~ a RIP-OFF!~ :evil:

What about I`ll Remember You and Hound Dog..?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: This also goes for sets by comedians Nipsey Russell and Sammy Shore, who opened Elvis gigs in 1969-1971.

DOC, I'm not trying to be a wise guy with this question. Did Nipsey Russell open for Elvis in the era mentioned? I was unaware of that. Did he also open during the 1970 tours as well or just Las Vegas? IF it is true, then thanks. I learned something new about Elvis.

rlj

Nipsey Russell opened the Presley shows at the Sahara Tahoe in July-August 1971.

I would have loved to see these shows as I was a big fan of Nipsey Russell back then! Thanks for the info Doc!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

Johnny2523 wrote:Especially for the Doc, the complete jackie kahane track http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/1 ... ts_Saddest

This new release devotes 24+ minutes to Jackie Kahane! Another piece of the puzzle, thank you.

It also reveals where the title comes from.

"This show, it's more than a show, it's a happening."
- Jackie Kahane, March 19, 1975 DS

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:51 am

MB280E wrote:This is probably yet another b u l l s h i t release by someone playing around with some soundfiles on their laptop...nothing extraordinary about it and no earlier generation tapecopy at all.

Sincerely MB280E

BINGO!

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:37 pm

what are 2 tracks unreleased as well as pre-show Ciscoking? :?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm

YDKM wrote:what are 2 tracks unreleased as well as pre-show Ciscoking? :?

it's a good deal for me, atleast 2 unreleased track, unreleased pre show (i like goin back to memphis, and the sweets) and you get the main show in a better sound then back with a bang.