Post here your Elvis' pictures

Opinions...

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:32 pm

It's been quite sometime!
(due to personal issues I needed to deal with.)

Ok...now I admit I've got some "rust" when it comes to Elvis pics, dates, etc. But I'm far from a novice.

What do you think of these pics that I don't think I have seen before? I'm skeptical about the last one, but I can't dismiss it for some reason (I know..."This is Elvis" crossed my mind)

The others...are they new or just new to me? (just like riding a bicycle. It's all coming back to me, but slowly :D )

Can't wait for the feedback guys....take it easy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Opinions...

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:42 pm

the last photo is not Elvis but Johnny Harra his best impersonator from the movie "This is Elvis"

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:59 pm

They are all here...except the This Is Elvis one;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 51977.html

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... tan77.html

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:04 am

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:06 am

What about the third one with the watermark?

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:01 am

That's Elvis in Hawaii with Dr. Nick's daughters.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:25 pm

the last photo is not Elvis but Johnny Harra his best impersonator from the movie "This is Elvis"
Phoenix78 wrote:Thanks ::rocks

But I'm far from a novice.

:mrgreen:

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:56 pm

Energy Catalyzer wrote:
Phoenix78 wrote:Thanks ::rocks

But I'm far from a novice.

:mrgreen:

Welcome to the board Energy Catalyzer

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 pm

you are more than welcome :smt017

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Sad to see the King like he appears in the Hawaii photos. I know He's Elvis but who wears black slacks and shirt on the beach? :cry:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 am

Delboy wrote:Sad to see the King like he appears in the Hawaii photos. I know He's Elvis but who wears black slacks and shirt on the beach? :cry:

...and let's not forget the black leather boots (while sunbathing in the garden). Bizarre.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:56 am

bizarre ?

No, not at all.

Even at the Khang Rhee' dojo in Memphis he wore his boots on the carpet (he is the only of all those present)

nb: we still have a photo, or he has his feets without socks.

It is narrated in the book 'The Memphis Mafia' where Billy Smith said: '..even to go piss, Elvis closed all the doors ...'

:smt003

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:45 pm

I know He's Elvis but who wears black slacks and shirt on the beach?

A man who's self conscious about his weight, one of the worlds most photographed stars, worried about having a less than flattering photo taken at a time when the press were less than kind towards him. Seems perfectly reasonable.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Delboy wrote:Sad to see the King like he appears in the Hawaii photos. I know He's Elvis but who wears black slacks and shirt on the beach? :cry:

Is he suppose to look like he did in 1956? I would love to see what some of the members here looked like at 42 since everyone seems to claim Elvis looked so bad.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:23 pm

promiseland wrote:

Is he suppose to look like he did in 1956? I would love to see what some of the members here looked like at 42 since everyone seems to claim Elvis looked so bad.

I agree with that. I am tired of the bitching about how he looked. Yes, he was in bad shape, but still, I'll bet that he looked better than any here on this mb. Let's post some photos of ourselves, shall we? And poor guys if you look tired or the wind makes your hair look strange; if so you are drugged AND bald. :twisted: And your weight have to be perfect, 5 kg too much and your are grotesquely overweight. And your clothes have to be the fashion of 2043. If you don't smile you're depressed as hell. If you're too happy, though, you're high on uppers. If you're alone in the photo you're a lonely drug-addict, but are you with friends they are just hangers-on. I'll challenge Carpenter to be the first one..

Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Xaykev wrote:
promiseland wrote:

I agree with that. I am tired of the bitching about how he looked. Yes, he was in bad shape, but still, I'll bet that he looked better than any here on this mb. Let's post some photos of ourselves, shall we? And poor guys if you look tired or the wind makes your hair look strange; if so you are drugged AND bald. :twisted: And your weight have to be perfect, 5 kg too much and your are grotesquely overweight. And your clothes have to be the fashion of 2043. If you don't smile you're depressed as hell. If you're too happy, though, you're high on uppers. If you're alone in the photo you're a lonely drug-addict, but are you with friends they are just hangers-on. I'll challenge Carpenter to be the first one..

I agree buddy. I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just a general comment. The unattainable Image of Elvis The King is commonly taken into account when people see Elvis The Human. I can't even imagine the pressures and burdens he must have dealt with on a daily basis. How long could his body hold up?

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Xaykev wrote:...Let's post some photos of ourselves, shall we?

...I'll challenge Carpenter to be the first one..

I've got a lovely pic of him !

Trouble is, if I post it, he'll deny it's him & threaten to sue me..............

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 pm

ColinB wrote:
Xaykev wrote:...Let's post some photos of ourselves, shall we?

...I'll challenge Carpenter to be the first one..

I've got a lovely pic of him !

Trouble is, if I post it, he'll deny it's him & threaten to sue me..............

Do it anyway. We'll start a legal fund for you ;-)