Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:32 pm

For those who want to know its out now, mine should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I bought it anyhow. I Didn't had the show yet at all in my collection so now i will.
for those who forgot the info.

Las Vegas March 1975 Happening (2 CD set in Digi Pack)

The first CD features the nearly complete pre-show, and on the second CD the March 22, 1975 Midnight performance along with some bonus tracks recorded three nights earlier.
The March 22, 1975 MS has been released twice but our source is definitely from an earlier generation. The very short Joe Orchestra introduction before the Also Sprach Zarathustra is not on the aforementioned releases and presence of vocal distortion in Elvis' vocal is rather smooth and less annoying than it was before.

This new digipack double set will be a very LIMITED EDITION and first intended for the fans who didn't have these recordings, or all the ones wanting the COMPLETE HAPPENING.
Track list :
CD #1
1 Joe Guercio's orchestra opening
2 Voice introduction / Going Back To Memphis Tomorrow
3 Into The Father's House / Closing
4 Philadelphia Freedom
5 Introduction of the Sweet Inspirations / Stevie Is A Wonder / For Once In My Life / You Got It Bad Girl /Superstition / You Are The Sunshine Of My Life / Livin' For The City / All In Love Is Fair / Higher Ground / Closing
6 Jackie Kahane introduction and Comedy Act

Tracks 1-6 recorded in Las Vegas March 19, 1975 D.S.
Tracks 2-3 performed by Voice Tracks 4-5 performed by The Sweet Inspirations Track 6 performed by Jacki Kahane
Total running time 43;15

CD #2
1 The Hot Hilton Horns intro / Introduction : Also Sprach Zarathustra
2 C.C. Rider
3 I Got A Woman / Amen
4 Love Me
5 If You Love Me ( Let Me Know )
6 And I Love You So
7 Big Boss Man
8 It's Midnight
9 Promised Land
10 Green Green Grass Of Home
11 Fairytale
12 Introductions of Vocalists, Musician
13 What I'd Say ( featuring James Burton )
14 Drums solo ( featuring Ronnie Tutt )
15 Bass Solo ( featuring Duke Bardwell)
16 Piano solo ( featuring Glen D. Hardin )
17 Electric piano solo ( featuring David Briggs )
18 Introductions of Vocalists,Charlie Hodge and orchestra
19 Orchestra solo ( featruing Joe Guercio orchestra )
20 My Boy
21 I'll Remember You
22 Let Me Be There ( with reprise )
23 ( Let Me Be Your ) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
24 Hound Dog ( with reprise )
25 I'll Be There ( excerpt ) / You're The Reason I'm Living
26 Can't Help Falling In Love
27 Closing Vamp

Bonus
28 Big Boss Man
29 My Boy
30 I'll Remember You
31 Hound Dog
32 An American Trilogy
33 If You Love Me ( let Me Know )

Total running time 78;02
Tracks 1-4 recorded in Las Vegas March 20, 1975 D.S. Tracks 5-27 recorded in Las Vegas March 22,1975 M.S.
Tracks 28-33 recorded in Las Vegas March 19, 1975 M.S.

Re: The 1975 Las Vegas Happening - Is OUT NOW!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:44 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:For those who want to know its out now, mine should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I bought it anyhow. I Didn't had the show yet at all in my collection so now i will.

The first CD features the nearly complete pre-show, and on the second CD the March 22, 1975 Midnight performance along with some bonus tracks recorded three nights earlier.
The March 22, 1975 MS has been released twice but our source is definitely from an earlier generation. The very short Joe Orchestra introduction before the Also Sprach Zarathustra is not on the aforementioned releases and presence of vocal distortion in Elvis' vocal is rather smooth and less annoying than it was before.

This new digipack double set will be a very LIMITED EDITION and first intended for the fans who didn't have these recordings, or all the ones wanting the COMPLETE HAPPENING.
Track list :
CD #1
4 Philadelphia Freedom
5 Introduction of the Sweet Inspirations / Stevie Is A Wonder / For Once In My Life / You Got It Bad Girl /Superstition / You Are The Sunshine Of My Life / Livin' For The City / All In Love Is Fair / Higher Ground / Closing

Tracks 2-3 performed by Voice Tracks 4-5 performed by The Sweet Inspirations Track 6 performed by Jacki Kahane
Total running time 43;15

CD #2
2 C.C. Rider
3 I Got A Woman / Amen
4 Love Me
6 And I Love You So
7 Big Boss Man
8 It's Midnight
9 Promised Land
11 Fairytale
20 My Boy
21 I'll Remember You
27 Closing Vamp

Bonus
28 Big Boss Man
29 My Boy
30 I'll Remember You
31 Hound Dog
32 An American Trilogy

Total running time 78;02
Tracks 1-4 recorded in Las Vegas March 20, 1975 D.S. Tracks 5-27 recorded in Las Vegas March 22,1975 M.S.

The Voice songs are properly titled "Going Back To Memphis" and “In My Father's House.”

You may download these and 93 other Sherrill Nielsen cuts here:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/sherrillnielsen

How long is track 6 on CD #1?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:For those who want to know its out now, mine should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I bought it anyhow. I Didn't had the show yet at all in my collection so now i will.

Track list :
CD #1
4 Philadelphia Freedom

Total running time 43;15

CD #2
2 C.C. Rider
3 I Got A Woman / Amen
4 Love Me
6 And I Love You So
7 Big Boss Man
8 It's Midnight
9 Promised Land
11 Fairytale
20 My Boy
21 I'll Remember You
27 Closing Vamp

Bonus
28 Big Boss Man
29 My Boy
30 I'll Remember You
31 Hound Dog
32 An American Trilogy

Total running time 78;02

The Voice songs are properly titled "Going Back To Memphis" and “In My Father's House.”

You may download these and 93 other Sherrill Nielsen cuts here:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/sherrillnielsen

How long is track 6 on CD #1?

I don't know, But its great if this stuff is actually unreleased (and the main show ofcoarse is in better quality) but it's a safe bet since i dont have this show yet.
Altough i'm not fond of jacky kahane his comedy, It's a nice extra touch to give it a feel of a complete elvis concert

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 pm

It seems almost perverse that the Sweet Inspirations perform the works of Stevie Wonder and yet Elvis chose If You Love Me (Let Me Know)! While I find Let Me Be There enjoyable, this one just is as bland as can be. Stevie Wonder would have been a great songwriter to cover in the Stax sessions; All In Love Is Fair would have fit Presley like a glove had he given it a slightly country feel.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:How long is track 6 on CD #1?

I don't know, But its great if this stuff is actually unreleased (and the main show ofcoarse is in better quality) but it's a safe bet since i dont have this show yet.
Altough i'm not fond of jacky kahane his comedy, It's a nice extra touch to give it a feel of a complete elvis concert

Track 6 could be a major find.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Why that doc?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Why that doc?

We have so very little of Jackie Kahane opening Elvis shows, just a bit from "Elvis on Tour," a snippet of audio from 6-09-1972, and a bit more from 6-10-1975. He was an essential element of the package, and we need to hear more to understand Elvis in the '70s.

This also goes for sets by comedians Nipsey Russell and Sammy Shore, who opened Elvis gigs in 1969-1971.

Essential pieces of the Elvis puzzle, they are!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Why that doc?

We have so very little of Jackie Kahane opening Elvis shows, just a bit from "Elvis on Tour," a snippet of audio from 6-09-1972, and a bit more from 6-10-1975. He was an essential element of the package, and we need to hear more to understand Elvis in the '70s.

This also goes for sets by comedians Nipsey Russell and Sammy Shore, who opened Elvis gigs in 1969-1971.

Essential pieces of the Elvis puzzle, they are!

okay i agree with you on this,

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:okay i agree with you on this,

Yes!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:16 pm

:lol:

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:okay i agree with you on this,

Yes!

You made a good point, if u where being serious..

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 pm

This is probably yet another b u l l s h i t release by someone playing around with some soundfiles on their laptop...nothing extraordinary about it and no earlier generation tapecopy at all.

Sincerely MB280E

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 pm

MB280E wrote:This is probably yet another b u l l s h i t release by someone playing around with some soundfiles on their laptop...nothing extraordinary about it and no earlier generation tapecopy at all.

Sincerely MB280E

How Do u know this, first u say This is probably yet anothe rbullshit release. then u say nothing extraordinary about it and no earlier generation tapecopy at all, which makes me think do u have this release now or not.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:01 pm

Hehehe, do you know the man with the laptop or something? :D

Just buy the cd and make up your own mind...!

Sincerely MB280E

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:04 pm

MB280E wrote:Hehehe, do you know the man with the laptop or something? :D

Just buy the cd and make up your own mind...!

Sincerely MB280E

i did buy the cd. will let everyone know how it sounds if nobody else already did by the time.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:11 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:i did buy the cd. will let everyone know how it sounds if nobody else already did by the time.

Any chance after you get it you can upload a YouTube video of track 6 on CD #1?

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:i did buy the cd. will let everyone know how it sounds if nobody else already did by the time.

Probably can if its a serious request by you.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Please do. There is not enough quality Kahane performances out there. His opening usually set the tone for the entire Elvis experience.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:32 pm

midnightx wrote:Please do. There is not enough quality Kahane performances out there. His opening usually set the tone for the entire Elvis experience.

Not usually.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:48 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Probably can if its a serious request by you.

Please, let us know when you have uploaded the video!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: This also goes for sets by comedians Nipsey Russell and Sammy Shore, who opened Elvis gigs in 1969-1971.

DOC, I'm not trying to be a wise guy with this question. Did Nipsey Russell open for Elvis in the era mentioned? I was unaware of that. Did he also open during the 1970 tours as well or just Las Vegas? IF it is true, then thanks. I learned something new about Elvis.

rlj

Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:43 pm

rlj4ep wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: This also goes for sets by comedians Nipsey Russell and Sammy Shore, who opened Elvis gigs in 1969-1971.

DOC, I'm not trying to be a wise guy with this question. Did Nipsey Russell open for Elvis in the era mentioned? I was unaware of that. Did he also open during the 1970 tours as well or just Las Vegas? IF it is true, then thanks. I learned something new about Elvis.

rlj

Nipsey Russell opened the Presley shows at the Sahara Tahoe in July-August 1971.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 pm

where can i get these releases?
Joe K

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:45 pm

Elvis2001.net wrote:where can i get these releases?
Joe K

on Ebay, That's where i got it from
for $21 (Uk pounds)

The seller i bought it from still has 1!! available http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elvis-Collect ... 1022642593
It's a safe bet, as this is the same seller i bought my straight arrow from

Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:

rlj

Nipsey Russell opened the Presley shows at the Sahara Tahoe in July-August 1971.

Jay Leno used to open for Tom Jones in the late 70's. When we saw Jones in Denver in 82 he had comedian George Wallace open for him.