Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Re: Madonna - Truth or Dare premiere ;-)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 pm

This is the poster I'm on about.

photo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm

I quite like Madge not a huge fan though, I don't think anyone can deny that she recorded some very good songs over the years.

She is one of the biggest and most influential stars around today..no doubt about it... more influential than M Jackson.... in my opinion of course.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:This is the poster I'm on about.

Cool!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm

daylon wrote:I quite like Madge not a huge fan though, I don't think anyone can deny that she recorded some very good songs over the years.

She is one of the biggest and most influential stars around today..no doubt about it... more influential than M Jackson.... in my opinion of course.

Good to see you back, daylon. :smt023

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 pm

r&b wrote:I never got the appeal of this woman. I guess she is sexy to some. But as a singer? No. She & Cyndi Lauper came out around the same time in the 80's. Cyndi was a much better singer, a real talent vocally. I thought she would be the bigger star. Credit Madonna for knowing how to promote herself with her limited musical ability.

Spot on.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:27 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
r&b wrote:I never got the appeal of this woman...

Some people don't get the appeal of Elvis or heaven forbid even Bruce Springsteen. :wink:
It takes all kinds.

Plus, if you had any semblance of knowledge about her career, you would know how absurd the notion of "her limited musical ability" actually is.

Anyway, you got thanked by Epicurus, so you should be chuffed.

My one distinct memory of Madonna was a long time ago, she sang live on one of the ridiculous tv music award shows. Cannot remember the show or the year, but she sang WITHOUT lip synching. She was awful, monotone, and completely off key. Thus my assessment of her limited musical ability. I don't think I ever saw her sing live again after that. It was always to a pre-recorded track. I stand by opinion. To compare her to Bruce, a great songwriter and musician is nuts. He is no great vocalist, but he is no fake either.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm

r&b wrote:Thus my assessment...

Your assessment is balderdash. :smt002

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:

I know what I saw. But you are a fan of hers, so I understand you stance. I also went to a TV taping where Lauper sang with Patti LaBelle and she outbelted her. Amazing vocal talent.
Sorry but Madonna couldn't hold her own with real vocalists like that.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:01 pm

r&b wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

I know what I saw. But you are a fan of hers, so I understand you stance. I also went to a TV taping where Lauper sang with Patti LaBelle and she outbelted her. Amazing vocal talent.

You should start a Cyndi Lauper thread... perhaps including footage from that kick-ass doc she made?

Wait a minute...

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
r&b wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

You should start a Cyndi Lauper thread... perhaps including footage from that kick-ass doc she made?

Wait a minute...

Well as I have noted, she never became the big star Madonna did. But she has a Broadway play now (just opened to great reviews) so she still has a career going.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 pm

r&b wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
r&b wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Wait a minute...

Well as I have noted, she never became the big star Madonna did. But she has a Broadway play now (just opened to great reviews) so she still has a career going.

r&b,

I wouldn't waste your time replying to him, he just started this topic so he can provoke people into having a fight with him, he keeps having a childish pop at me just cause i don't agree with him and he seems to be doing the same thing to you.

Just ignore him.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Bodie wrote:
r&b wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
r&b wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

Wait a minute...

r&b,

I wouldn't waste your time replying to him, he just started this topic so he can provoke people into having a fight with him, he keeps having a childish pop at me just cause i don't agree with him and he seems to be doing the same thing to you.

Just ignore him.

LOL, ok. Some guys are like that.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 pm

r&b wrote:
Bodie wrote:
r&b,

Just ignore him.

The blind leading the blind.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

An average white disco singer / stripper who found fame by sleeping her way to the top. Gloria Brannigan was better, God rest her soul.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Tony.. wrote:An average white disco singer / stripper who found fame by sleeping her way to the top. Gloria Brannigan was better, God rest her soul.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:12 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
r&b wrote:
Bodie wrote:
r&b,

Just ignore him.

The blind leading the blind.

She loks fine in this photo

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:59 pm

Tony.. wrote:An average white disco singer / stripper who found fame by sleeping her way to the top. Gloria Brannigan was better, God rest her soul.

That is SO 1985!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:34 am

rjm wrote:

That is SO 1985!

It's not worth it, rjm.

The lights are on but no one's home.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:43 am

Superior quality clip of the "Healthy" TV performance of "Like A Virgin" [from page 1].

She's amazing here.

phpBB [video]

Like A Virgin - Japan, 1985

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 pm

great to see in better quality,thanks

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:35 pm

keninlincs wrote:great to see in better quality,thanks

No probs, Ken. It's an awesome performance. [N.B. note how she does a little bit of the moonwalk. Very cute!].

From the same promotional trip to Japan; check out the interview below [starts at 3:52] and in particular how the camera operator unashamedly pervs on her! :shock:

phpBB [video]

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 am

cool clip