Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: The all NEW "Elvis Movie/Publicity Photo Shoots"...

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Both the Ann-Margret shots are great, but are not part of the filming of "Viva Las Vegas."
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Both the Ann-Margret shots are great, but post-date the filming of "Viva Las Vegas."

Many thanks for the info. That's unfortunate they are not for VLV. Would of been nice to add them to the co stars folder, especially the one with the green top, beautiful colors in that photo.
Cheers :)
Last edited by Honky Tonk Angel on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Usually, publicity photo sessions are identified with P or AD (for advertising department) on the bottom. The standard images for this film have ECEG and the number. The right image is the only one I can find with the ID of P6. That would indicate at least five other publicity photo images in the key photo set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Usually, the end of production photo shoots are used for publicity purposes and poster art. A quick review of all the movie posters for ECEG shows that on-set photos are the primary images of Elvis. The fact that this one designated publicity photo appears to be taken on-set (while Dodie Marshall does have the standard portrait) would indicate that Elvis was not present at the photo session.

I seem to recall that his relationship with Hal Wallis was strained at this point. The soundtrack sessions taking place at Paramount instead of Radio Recorders is a good indication. Perhaps Elvis just didn't show up when the publicity photos were taken?

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 am

I think the black and white picture of Ann-Margret is from the movie "State Fair" with Pat Boone.

Not 100 % sure. :)

::rocks

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote: The fact that this one designated publicity photo appears to be taken on-set (while Dodie Marshall does have the standard portrait) would indicate that Elvis was not present at the photo session.

I seem to recall that his relationship with Hal Wallis was strained at this point. The soundtrack sessions taking place at Paramount instead of Radio Recorders is a good indication. Perhaps Elvis just didn't show up when the publicity photos were taken?

Yeah I think you're right. Things were not good between Elvis and Hal Wallis during this movie. According to "Day by Day" he arrives late to the wardrobe fitting and also the recording sessions a few times. There was talk about Elvis' appearance to the Colonel too.
Principle photography was completed on 7th November 1966, but Elvis wasn't released from the movie until the 22nd where he spent most of the two weeks at Palm Springs. Day by Day suggests that maybe "out of sheer exasperation, or maybe just to get a measure of revenge" that Wallis delayed releasing him.
With the way things sounded around filming this movie, I tend to agree with you that maybe Elvis simply didn't show up for any publicity shots.

We just don't think there are any out there, except the "on set" ones that were used. That is why we decided to delete the ECEG folder. Better that than have it sitting empty. But we'd gladly add it in again even if we could find just one, but that is looking not likely.

Thanks for taking the time to look into to it. Appreciated :smt006

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:Do you know anything about this picture of her? We did think again that is was a possible VLV, but something going on with her hair in this one and we decided against it

ann margret 3.jpg

This one is definitely earlier than Viva Las Vegas, more like 1962-ish I think. Still waiting to hear back about the other photo, but most likely it's also a separate photo shoot from VLV.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm

greggers wrote:
Honky Tonk Angel wrote:Do you know anything about this picture of her? We did think again that is was a possible VLV, but something going on with her hair in this one and we decided against it

ann margret 3.jpg

This one is definitely earlier than Viva Las Vegas, more like 1962-ish I think. Still waiting to hear back about the other photo, but most likely it's also a separate photo shoot from VLV.

Thanks Greggers :D

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Mitch wrote:I think the black and white picture of Ann-Margret is from the movie "State Fair" with Pat Boone.

I think you're right, Mitch. Looks to be around the "State Fair" time. :)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:52 pm

greggers wrote:
Mitch wrote:I think the black and white picture of Ann-Margret is from the movie "State Fair" with Pat Boone.

Looks like you're right guys. I found this picture which says it's the Screen test for 20th Century Fox studios for leading role in the1962 movie "State Fair"

ann-margret-.jpg

Thanks to both Mitch and Greggers :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

I noticed this one missing from the Spinout photo session page on EPSS. It was the one used on the back cover of the Easy Come Easy Go EP. Someone probably has a better copy of this than I do, though.

epa4387-back-c.jpg

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 pm

greggers wrote:I noticed this one missing from the Spinout photo session page on EPSS. It was the one used on the back cover of the Easy Come Easy Go EP. Someone probably has a better copy of this than I do, though.

epa4387-back-c.jpg

Thanks Greggers, but we do have that one :)

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/S ... -986034828

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:
greggers wrote:I noticed this one missing from the Spinout photo session page on EPSS. It was the one used on the back cover of the Easy Come Easy Go EP. Someone probably has a better copy of this than I do, though.

epa4387-back-c.jpg

Thanks Greggers, but we do have that one :)

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/S ... -986034828

ah, silly me. the B&W/color difference threw me off, didn't look closely enough. :)

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:49 pm

What photo shoot was used for the EP's cover photo?

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:05 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:What photo shoot was used for the EP's cover photo?

For the ECEG EP? This one from the Girl Happy shoot

http://elvicities.com/~epss/index.php/G ... 1964-08-39

Elvis-Presley-Easy-Come-Easy-Go-343545.jpg

Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:54 am

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:
greggers wrote:

Looks like you're right guys. I found this picture which says it's the Screen test for 20th Century Fox studios for leading role in the1962 movie "State Fair"

ann-margret-.jpg

Thanks to both Mitch and Greggers :smt006

Could you two please tell my wife this!!

She says I'm never right about ANYTHING!!! :wink:

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:12 am

Nice work, Mitch!

Because of the innate sexiness of the photo, it seemed unlikely to be "Emily Porter," Ann's supporting role in "State Fair." As others have noted, it is from one of Ann's screen tests for 20th Century-Fox, and were likely taken in March 1961, well before "Viva Las Vegas." She seems to have been hired for the film about a month after that (see below). Interestingly, Ann was announced to the press as being cast as early as January:

Entertainment
Newcomer Will Be Boone's Co-Star She's Northwestern Student; Brynner Now U.S. Diplomat

Hedda Hopper, Los Angeles Times
Monday, January 23, 1961

Pat Boone will have a most exciting newcomer playing opposite him in "State Fair." She's 19, beautiful, was a student at Northwestern university in Evanston, and made her debut singing with George Burns in Las Vegas. Her name is Ann-Margret ...

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/446976282.html

Below is a cool "up-and-coming" article on Ann from Parade Magazine's April 16, 1961 edition. The author is Lloyd Shearer, who interviewed Elvis in 1956 and 1962.

610416_Parade COVER.JPG

610416_Parade p11.JPG

610416_Parade p14.JPG

610416_Parade p15.JPG

Here's a "State Fair" costume test shot from September 1961, looking a lot closer to the character of "Emily Porter":

610901_State Fair costume test_Ann-Margret.JPG

"State Fair" was released to US theaters in March 1962.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Fair_(1962_film)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:19 am

Cool doc!!
Thanks for the added info.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:05 am

Elton wrote:Cool doc!!
Thanks for the added info.

My pleasure. I'll ALWAYS go the extra mile for Ann-Margret. ;-)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm

here another pretty rare or unknown alternate promo for harem holiday...and in great quality too..i scanned it in...

Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:53 pm

matilda wrote:here another pretty rare or unknown alternate promo for harem holiday...and in great quality too..i scanned it in...

Many thanks for scanning it Matilda. It has now been added in.

Great stuff :smt006

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Long-time Ann-Margret fan Wayne assures me these two are definitely from the VLV photo shoot. (you have the 2nd one, but this copy is in color).

936full-ann--margret.jpg

annmargretmb1.jpg

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Honky Tonk Angel wrote:
matilda wrote:here another pretty rare or unknown alternate promo for harem holiday...and in great quality too..i scanned it in...

You are welcome.
Did you scaled it down a bit on your site?
The resolution seems a bit lower.....if i am not mistaken.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:53 pm

matilda wrote:
Honky Tonk Angel wrote:

You are welcome.
Did you scaled it down a bit on your site?
The resolution seems a bit lower.....if i am not mistaken.

We often have to scale big shots down a bit as we're working on a limited space - it would be fun to share all the shots in as high quality as possible but at the moment, it's not possible. Obviously we still appreciate it whenever someone takes the time to scan shots in HQ from their personal collection... there's going to be a hefty new lot from ours as well pretty soon but we'll inform about it in here when they're added.

Enjoy the site and thanks for your share! It's a fabulous shot.

--> http://elvicities.com/~epss/

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Interesting lot of Fun In Acapulco photos here. I ain't shellin out $100, but it's interesting that this many different ones exist. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-unpublishe ... 19da45ef1b