Post here your Elvis' pictures

new hawaii 77

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Found on elvismatters.com

Re: new hawaii 77

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 pm

That one is not new. It was taken 36 years ago.

You had me going there for a minute!
Last edited by Rob on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Rob wrote:That one is not new. It was taken 37 years ago.

You had me going there for a minute!

36 years ago to be exact.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:10 pm

Elvis is cuddling Larry Geller's then-wife, Celeste.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:36 years ago to be exact.

A little over 36 years ago to be more exact. I was rounding up.

And I'm pretty certain I've seen that pic before.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Not new !!

courtesy : http://rareelvispresley.xooit.com/t17-Hawaii-1977.htm
Last edited by Energy Catalyzer on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:12 pm

There are apparently many images from the 1977 vacation in Hawaii that remain in private hands, including some of his nights out on the town.

Maybe someone will collect and publish them in a quality book.

The trip was apparently good for all, just short-lived. Elvis should have stayed put until he got well. Even if that meant the rest of the year.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Thank you all for the info.
The picture was new to me and hope there will be found some new for you all!

Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Great pictures, Elvis in a relaxed mode in a difficult time.
Fully agree he should have extended his stay.
Did the tourists or locals a few yards away or walking the beach realized they were next to the King?

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:Thank you all for the info.
The picture was new to me and hope there will be found some new for you all!

Thnx anyway, Erik :smt006

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:36 am

Robert wrote:Did the tourists or locals a few yards away or walking the beach realized they were next to the King?

Yes, they absolutely did.

EP could have benefited a great deal by making some dramatic life changes, leaving much of his baggage back in the mainland (including many of his complaining/ungrateful entourage/guests and especially his "prescription" meds) and remaining in Hawaii for as long as it took him to get back on track, redirected and back in control of his life. However, it just wasn't meant to be. Too many things and old habits were all conspiring to pull him back off track. As such, only 5 short months was all that was left to the final destination point.

Hawaii was one of the only high points in our hero's last year and probably his last chance to turn things around.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 am

N880EP wrote:
Robert wrote:Did the tourists or locals a few yards away or walking the beach realized they were next to the King?

Yes, they absolutely did.

EP could have benefited a great deal by making some dramatic life changes, leaving much of his baggage back in the mainland (including many of his complaining/ungrateful entourage/guests and especially his "prescription" meds) and remaining in Hawaii for as long as it took him to get back on track, redirected and back in control of his life. However, it just wasn't meant to be. Too many things and old habits were all conspiring to pull him back off track. As such, only 5 short months was all that was left to the final destination point.

Hawaii was one of the only high points in our hero's last year and probably his last chance to turn things around.

N8
... just a fan ....

Yes N880EP, we agree with you,

Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:57 pm

N880EP wrote:Hawaii was one of the only high points in our hero's last year and probably his last chance to turn things around.

That darn Colonel of his would not allow him to. Parker needed more money to pay his gambling debts, even if it meant making his most successful client work triple overtime.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:37 pm

Does anyone have a full list of people who accompanied Elvis on this trip?