burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

Photo Information Application

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:57 am

Do they make a program that catalogs your photos according to date, place, people in the photos, etc.?

It would encourage me to be a lot more organized on the computer if they were organized in such a program, and I could search by date, place, film, or whatever fields I wanted?

Any ideas?

rjm (I could do it myself in MS Access, but I really don't have the time at present)

Re: Photo Information Application

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:41 pm

rjm wrote:Do they make a program that catalogs your photos according to date, place, people in the photos, etc.?

It would encourage me to be a lot more organized on the computer if they were organized in such a program, and I could search by date, place, film, or whatever fields I wanted?

Any ideas?

rjm (I could do it myself in MS Access, but I really don't have the time at present)

Renaming in the file properties of the photos, Windows will automatically store them in the alphabetically or numeric order you name them in, so I just don't see how any software program could do the same without this info manually entered anyway, that's how any file is sorted. Unless you are meaning a program that can look at your photos and guess the date just by the picture that's on them, say if you have a snowy seen it will guess it's December or something. :? :smt017 :?

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:50 am

Perhaps something like a visual ITunes, that also popped up a dialog box when you saved a pic.
Something to keep you organized.

In Access, I could set the fields to auto-update with each piece of new info.

rjm

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:23 am

You mean something like Altarsoft Image Viewer?

You can download it here:
http://www.altarsoft.com/altarsoft_image_viewer.shtml

Size: 1.29MB
License Type: Freeware

In my case I use another program called ACDSee...
Unfortunately, as @promiseland already said, you'll have to enter all the info manually.

P.S.: Check out the other cool free programs there!

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks. I think I found one that does what I want, or most of it. It's in my e-mail, and I'll keep you folks updated.

Because, it's becoming an unmanageable mess by now. And there are no search tags.

rjm

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 am

If u dont want the hassle of renaming, there is software that uses face recogonition as a tool .........

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:40 am

dennyelvis wrote:If u dont want the hassle of renaming, there is software that uses face recogonition as a tool .........

Hmm. Face tagging! Here's one that seems pretty good: not what I would create, but pretty good:

http://www.albumburger.com/en/index.asp

It has fields. And places to add info. Searches folders for image formats, then let's you fill in information. I haven't used it yet.

Gosh, if I had the time, I'd make me a database! It would be simple and effective.

rjm