Off Topic Messages

What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 pm

I know there are more important things in life but last week I lost the data of approximately 85,000 Elvis pictures from my external hard drive and I’d pretty much decided I couldn't go through storing and dating each picture again. Well, my IT guy has retrieved about 50,000 photographs (so far) but each one is mixed up – Now naming the years is not to difficult but I may need your help along the way for actual dates…….
So, don’t forget to “Back-Up

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:47 pm

Julian Grant wrote:I know there are more important things in life but last week I lost the data of approximately 85,000 Elvis pictures from my external hard drive and I’d pretty much decided I couldn't go through storing and dating each picture again. Well, my IT guy has retrieved about 50,000 photographs (so far) but each one is mixed up – Now naming the years is not to difficult but I may need your help along the way for actual dates…….
So, don’t forget to “Back-Up


Good news about the file recovery!

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:49 pm

If I lost the file that documents my audience recordings, I'd die!

I'd just die!

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Rob wrote:If I lost the file that documents my audience recordings, I'd die!

I'd just die!


What about if you lost the drawer that houses your short pants?

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm

I can always roll up my blue jeans.

But I prefer to wear nothing at all.

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Back up and make a copy of the back up

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 pm

Rob wrote:I can always roll up my blue jeans.

But I prefer to wear nothing at all.


That was a low blow.

Re: What a bummer!!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Julian Grant wrote:I know there are more important things in life but last week I lost the data of approximately 85,000 Elvis pictures from my external hard drive
…….
So, don’t forget to “Back-Up

Elvis pictures, huh? :smt002

Re: What a bummer!!

Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 am

I have my stuff on around two computers (except for the most recent), and use thumb drive backups. One person told me not to trust thumb drives, but I just got a new one: 128 Gigs, and am planning to put my music on the 64 Gig one, to make sure I have it backed up twice.

Are thumb drives okay?

rjm (Glad to hear your recovery is working!)

Re: What a bummer!!

Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:14 pm

rjm wrote:I have my stuff on around two computers (except for the most recent), and use thumb drive backups. One person told me not to trust thumb drives, but I just got a new one: 128 Gigs, and am planning to put my music on the 64 Gig one, to make sure I have it backed up twice.

Are thumb drives okay?

rjm

4 fingered people hate em! :facep:

Re: What a bummer!!

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:40 am

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:I have my stuff on around two computers (except for the most recent), and use thumb drive backups. One person told me not to trust thumb drives, but I just got a new one: 128 Gigs, and am planning to put my music on the 64 Gig one, to make sure I have it backed up twice.

Are thumb drives okay?

rjm

4 fingered people hate em! :facep:


LOL!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: What a bummer!!

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:20 am

rjm wrote:I have my stuff on around two computers (except for the most recent), and use thumb drive backups. One person told me not to trust thumb drives, but I just got a new one: 128 Gigs, and am planning to put my music on the 64 Gig one, to make sure I have it backed up twice.

Are thumb drives okay?

rjm (Glad to hear your recovery is working!)

I have one that I take back and forth to work each day with mp3s on it so I can listen to music while I work. I used to burn CDs with the things I wanted to hear but I like the flexibility of simply adding and removing files from the thumb drive. I have had it for a couple years and even ran it through the washing machine by mistake and I have never had a problem with it. I don't know that I would trust it as my only backup device for something I didn't want to lose though.