Post here your Elvis' pictures

pictures gifted to me

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 am

hope you like these i was gifted around 450 pictures taken inside graceland Im told before the current display
there is pictures of around 11 of the jumpsuits

polaroid of Tiger drawing

Tiffany Cape

Dragon Suit

Red Pheonix

I am waiting to here things regarding these pictures once I know certain things I will upload more for you guys to veiw thank you for looking
Last edited by brucewayne82 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: pictures gifted to me

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:08 am

447 to go ! :mrgreen:

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 am

It's kind of sad to know how many ETAs would kill their first-born to own one of those suits.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:12 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's kind of sad to know how many ETAs would kill their first-born to own one of those suits.

I agree but then again me not being an ETA I would kill to own one too lol

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 am

Enjoying the pictures, thanks "Bruce."

When I first saw the "Indian Feather" (name ? - the one on the "From EP Blvd., Memphis, Tenn. album cover), I was struck by how incredibly detailed and beautiful it was in real life. Being very familiar with the photo (even having that same poster up on my wall as a kid), I never imagined that it could be so different in reality.

Even some of the gaudiest ones, like that black one, that I never liked, didn't look quite as bad in person. I realized that photos, even the ones you've shared, never really quite do them justice.

Thanks again.

N8
... just a fan ....

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's kind of sad to know how many ETAs would kill their first-born to own one of those suits.

ETAs shouldn't be allowed to reproduce anyway....

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:34 pm

I am an Elvis fan not an ETA my hair and sideburns are that way because i like them that way i hated ETAs for many years but in recent years I have found some that i make costumes for are actually fans and try hard to reproduce what Elvis gave to us fans, they look for the truest costumes and study the moves but will actually say " hey Im just a fan trying to play his part" then you have the broom handle cheeseburger eating waste of time. i used to tar all ETAs the same i look at it slightly differently and they know my loyalty is to Elvis and not a cheap copy but they do keep making it possible for me to try and recreate more costumes

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

hi Bruce, great pictures, do you have any idea of the dates when they were taken?
Saw the Adonis suit (top pic) on display at the Hard Rock Cafe in Las Vegasin 2011, which is claimed to be the original one. I saw that the suit had been let out at the back when Elvis gained weight....so wonder if your picture was taken before Vernon loaned it to Dick Clark productions for Kurt Russell to wear in Elvis The Movie.
I have never seen it on display at Graceland even when they had the jumpsuit exhibit back in 2007/8.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm

I have no idea a buddy of mine bought them from ebay they where from the estate of a huge Elvis fan that had passed away and everything was being sold off thats as much of the story i got there was lots of things sold from the estate the adonis is laid out on the floor in all the pictures i have i dont know if its ever been on display