Off Topic Messages

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 am

jak, I guess you feel sorry for the people that believe Don Piper's story, too, huh?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

Blue River wrote:jak, I guess you feel sorry for the people that believe Don Piper's story, too, huh?

I feel sorry for many people because Im such a compassionate guy. Should I know who Don Piper is? Hold on.I just noticed the name on the video clip. I just assumed everybody was a crackpot in the clips. I don't have the patience for most of that nonsense so I didn't watch them.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:57 am

jak wrote:
Blue River wrote:jak, I guess you feel sorry for the people that believe Don Piper's story, too, huh?

I feel sorry for many people because Im such a compassionate guy. Should I know who Don Piper is? Hold on.I just noticed the name on the video clip. I just assumed everybody was a crackpot in the clips. I don't have the patience for most of that nonsense so I didn't watch them.

Don Piper was not wearing a tin foil hat...so he must be telling the truth.

Sorry Tony Trout

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 am

poormadpeter wrote:
promiseland wrote:That sounds pretty weird Peter, but believable, me and my girlfriend drove to Vegas once and we would switch taking turns driving, and I would takes pictures of the scenery when she drove. We were in New Mexico and I was snapping pictures out the window of the desert scenery, and when we got back, and I was looking at all the pictures, there was a ghostly image of a pregnant woman standing on side of the road holding her stomach. There is very much detail although it was as it was made up of some kind of smoke vapor of a woman which can be clearly seen. Then about a year later there was an episode on Unsolved Mysteries that showed the exact same background mountain like range where the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day.

I have my Vegas trip pictures on an SD card and I will try to dig it out to put it here for you to see .

So anyway yes, I think what you are experiencing could be an actual Ghost, and there would be no reason for those things to be happening for just no reason.

Thanks for posting your story it's very interesting.

Would be interesting to see the pic!

Here's the Picture Pete. The windows were down so there is no glare from what I can see to explain this also I have other shots seconds apart from this with no image showing of the woman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 am

Most "ghost" photos are just things like lens flare or a problem with the shutter. There are so many reasons anomalies can appear on you're image. I never would have said that's a pregnant woman. It's like staring at clouds. You see what you're mind wants to see. I've seen countless "ghost" images during my career in photo finishing. All caused by common issues in photography. No mystery. Shooting out a speeding vehicle could also have contributed to the artifact in the photo.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 am

jak wrote:Most "ghost" photos are just things like lens flare or a problem with the shutter. There are so many reasons anomalies can appear on you're image. I never would have said that's a pregnant woman. It's like staring at clouds. You see what you're mind wants to see. I've seen countless "ghost" images during my career in photo finishing. All caused by common issues in photography. No mystery. Shooting out a speeding vehicle could also have contributed to the artifact in the photo.

Yes I thought the same thing till I seen the episode where a pregnant woman was murdered at the same area as my photo, which was really weird. I respect your opinion and all the others who have looked at the photos of our trip and have brought it to my attention with out me pointing it out. Could it be a lens flare -Yes. but it is my only one that has it out of 960 different shots which 56 are of New Mexico desert at the same area and angles going down the road. Also to take into consideration the sun was behind me to the left.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:04 am

jak wrote:It's like staring at clouds. You see what you're mind wants to see. I've seen countless "ghost" images during my career in photo finishing.

That's the phenomenon called pareidolia.
I have never seen or encounter a "ghost" but I believe there are some supernatural elements out there that science cannot explain. Some of the "ghost stories" may be true but I think majority of them are not.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:00 am

promiseland wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
promiseland wrote:That sounds pretty weird Peter, but believable, me and my girlfriend drove to Vegas once and we would switch taking turns driving, and I would takes pictures of the scenery when she drove. We were in New Mexico and I was snapping pictures out the window of the desert scenery, and when we got back, and I was looking at all the pictures, there was a ghostly image of a pregnant woman standing on side of the road holding her stomach. There is very much detail although it was as it was made up of some kind of smoke vapor of a woman which can be clearly seen. Then about a year later there was an episode on Unsolved Mysteries that showed the exact same background mountain like range where the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day.

I have my Vegas trip pictures on an SD card and I will try to dig it out to put it here for you to see .

So anyway yes, I think what you are experiencing could be an actual Ghost, and there would be no reason for those things to be happening for just no reason.

Thanks for posting your story it's very interesting.

Would be interesting to see the pic!

Here's the Picture Pete. The windows were down so there is no glare from what I can see to explain this also I have other shots seconds apart from this with no image showing of the woman.

Thanks promiseland. Man, it's difficult isn't it? On the one hand you can say it's a pregnant woman as you can clearly see a face, the body shape etc. On the other hand people will say that the image is almost like an artist's rendering of a pregnant woman and she isn't seen in proportion, so to speak. But there's certainly not an obvious answer as to what is on that image.

And Jak, for all your comments about things being explained away easily, your're notcoming forward here and saying "this was caused by X because this happened." And if you're saying that it could have happened because of it being taken out of a speeding vehicle, why would it only happen on one photo out of the many that were taken? And why would it take that shape? Surely if there are logical reasons and these things are common issues in the photographic world (as you are suggesting), you (or someone in that industry) should be able to say what the set of circumstances were that caused such an image and why.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying the explaining away is ultimately unconvincing. If it's known why these images - and mists, and orbs, and ghosts - appear in photographs, then surely it should be possible to replicate those conditions and make those anomolies yourself. But that doesn't seem to happen. If it did, perhaps it would put these issues to rest. I certainly understand issues with films getting jammed and double exposures in the old days, but with digital cameras that's surely not a feasible solution?

I'm not saying that it's not a ghost, and I'm not saying Jak's comment about it being a particular condition causing the anomoly on the photo is wrong either. But surely if Jak has worked in the technical side of photography for nearly 30 years, it should be relatively easy to say "what probably caused this is ...." I'm not saying that to be rude in any way, just being honest when you look at both sides of the equation and ultimately playing devil's advocate. If you think you know what caused it, would you be able to replicate it under the same conditions?

It's the same as when you see photos or videos of orbs. The believers tell us they are spirits, and the non-believers tell us they are particles of dust or insects or whatever. Both on the face of it seem unlikely. But if the latter is true, why don't we see the technical whizzes creating an orb videos themselves? Yes, the photos are relatively easy to recreate, we know that, but dust and particles move in a particular way, they don't normally zoom across a room in a straight line, for example they don't disappear into thin air either. As an example, the video below is from the rehearsal last summer that I spoke about in my first post. The orb-like images don't behave in the way that dust particles would, in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a ghost, I'm just saying I can't see a logical explanation.

phpBB [video]

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 am

Just as Jak said it could be something else, but I guess I'll never know for sure, but it has always been a great conversation piece at work when I had it uploaded on my phone to show.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:27 am

I didn't go into further details about what could have caused the artifact because I don't know the details. I wasn't there. Im not familiar with the camera or any problems it may have. I don't know anything about the situation that existed the moment the photo was taken. I based my comments on my work experience as a Quality Control Technician for 20 years at Kodak and 8 years at my present job. Those pics with "ghosts" are a dime a dozen. You guys don't see that many photos over time. I have worked at facilities that produce millions of prints per year. I have seen it all. I bet not one person would have saw a pregnant woman in that photo if it hadn't been previously suggested. It's nothing but light in my opinion. Not a ghost zipping along the window at 60 mph. The fact it was a bright day can also cause issues with your images. Maybe only once out of every few thousand clicks. Could be a glare off the window frame itself or even the car or door handle. Haven't you ever seen the glare off a piece of metal in the sun? The possibilities are endless. I can only speculate. I also noticed the "face" is just the terrain itself. The glare is transparent. You're just seeing rocks and using them as facial features.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 am

jak wrote:I didn't go into further details about what could have caused the artifact because I don't know the details. I wasn't there. Im not familiar with the camera or any problems it may have. I don't know anything about the situation that existed the moment the photo was taken. I based my comments on my work experience as a Quality Control Technician for 20 years at Kodak and 8 years at my present job. Those pics with "ghosts" are a dime a dozen. You guys don't see that many photos over time. I have worked at facilities that produce millions of prints per year. I have seen it all. I bet not one person would have saw a pregnant woman in that photo if it hadn't been previously suggested. It's nothing but light in my opinion. Not a ghost zipping along the window at 60 mph. The fact it was a bright day can also cause issues with your images. Maybe only once out of every few thousand clicks. Could be a glare off the window frame itself or even the car or door handle. Haven't you ever seen the glare off a piece of metal in the sun? The possibilities are endless. I can only speculate. I also noticed the "face" is just the terrain itself. The glare is transparent. You're just seeing rocks and using them as facial features.

You're certainly right about the terrain and the face, I have to admit. And I'm not saying it's a ghost - but there is also the issue that it could be. And yes, I'm sure the vast majority of photos claiming to be ghosts are either fake or easily explainable - but that doesn't mean to say that none of the many ghost pics actually capture something that perhaps is not quite so logical.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 am

jak wrote:I didn't go into further details about what could have caused the artifact because I don't know the details. I wasn't there. Im not familiar with the camera or any problems it may have. I don't know anything about the situation that existed the moment the photo was taken. I based my comments on my work experience as a Quality Control Technician for 20 years at Kodak and 8 years at my present job. Those pics with "ghosts" are a dime a dozen. You guys don't see that many photos over time. I have worked at facilities that produce millions of prints per year. I have seen it all. I bet not one person would have saw a pregnant woman in that photo if it hadn't been previously suggested. It's nothing but light in my opinion. Not a ghost zipping along the window at 60 mph. The fact it was a bright day can also cause issues with your images. Maybe only once out of every few thousand clicks. Could be a glare off the window frame itself or even the car or door handle. Haven't you ever seen the glare off a piece of metal in the sun? The possibilities are endless. I can only speculate. I also noticed the "face" is just the terrain itself. The glare is transparent. You're just seeing rocks and using them as facial features.

That's the point I was making, it is sometimes pointed out to me, not the "pregnant" remark but a lot of our friends who were just looking at the photos in the photo album of our trip have YES stopped at that photo and have commented things such as " That's a strange shot kinda looks like a woman in it" type comments. I have also just as fun gave the photo to my 6 year old niece and said what is that in the picture? And she pointed at the glare image as you call it and said "A lady". Once again it's a matter of opinion of could be or couldn't be .
Hope this helps.

This is what has made my photo a bit of interest to me.
http://www.newser.com/story/51719/9th-b ... esert.html

A ninth body has been unearthed in the New Mexican desert in what one expert believes is the work of a serial killer, reports KRQE-TV. Only one of the victims in the secret graveyard outside Albuquerque—a prostitute reported missing in 2003—has been identified. There are currently 24 women listed as missing in Albuquerque, including several prostitutes. Police believe all of the victims, including a pregnant women, were killed between 2003-2005 and were buried by the same individual.

"This has all the trappings of a serial murder case," said a University of New Mexico professor who has studied 1000 serial killers.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 am

I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe in energy residue...

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 am

OK, so it's Elvis Week 2007 and I'm in the basement of Graceland trying to get a photo of all the mysterious doors down there. So this gal is at the foot of the stairs and she won't move. She's apparently waiting for someone behind me and I'm holding up traffic trying to get my pic. So I just took it. Here it is.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 am

phpBB [video]

I know this woman personally and can assure anybody she is the real deal, she is fascinating, IMO there is something after death and "Ghosts" are sometimes really seen.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

The woman was pregnant and gave birth to her 5th child,a baby girl some months later.

phpBB [video]

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 am

jak wrote:

I don't have the patience for most of that nonsense so I didn't watch them.

smt179 Your loss.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 am

Terrifying thread! I don't believe in 'em, but I am scared of 'em!

I just hate to think that "life is but a walking shadow . . . full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." But I find it difficult to believe that consciousness has the free run of space-time, either. That's too frightening. I would be able to more easily accept reincarnation - or something more structured, as this life is structured. Ghosts and spirits are unpredictable, and share "our" space and time. That's what's scary. And then there's that cut! I read that, and saw it, before attempting sleep last night!

But yes: I believe Steven Hawking, and others: "information is never lost." I don't think our consciousness just vaporizes. All of THIS would then mean nothing.

Because death is not an "end" in that view; it is the negation of life. No memories, no life happened as far as we are concerned. Makes all this an illusion. So, I want *something* . . . but ghosts - consciousness running wild in our own space - knock the ground from underneath us, so that's terrifying.

As for your injury: could you have fallen asleep? Then something cut you: a ring on the opposite hand?

I must ask: was it a scary book? You had heard the news of the death of a famous horror novelist . . .

rjm

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm

MaryAnn wrote:OK, so it's Elvis Week 2007 and I'm in the basement of Graceland trying to get a photo of all the mysterious doors down there. So this gal is at the foot of the stairs and she won't move. She's apparently waiting for someone behind me and I'm holding up traffic trying to get my pic. So I just took it. Here it is.

Thats the classic double xposure. The poor lighting got you on that one.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Blue River wrote:
jak wrote:

smt179 Your loss.

I do try and keep an open mind. Its just that I feel most of the people are trying to decieve. Any of the people doing energy readings or those who regulary talk to dead people on the other side are crooks. They prey on people who are desperate to hear their message. Those people make easy targets. Since you took the time to post those videos I will check them out. I shouldnt condem them before watching. I would be the first one to admit I was wrong if something could change my mind.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm

The orbs on the video move like something (on or around the camera?) is moving and causing an orb to appear on the video

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 pm

promiseland wrote:...the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day...

Was the real woman killed before you took your photo ?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Not sure if I believe in ghosts..probably not.

But there has been a few strange things happening. My Mother died suddenly on Xmas night past. On Boxing night my wife and I were in our bed with one of the children, it was pretty late on and we were all wide awake, suddenly the light shade started shaking , only for a few seconds but it certainly freaked out my son and I suppose us as well because there was no reason for it ! That same night at my Fathers house, the smoke alarm started going off around 2am(for no reason), my sister and my nephew and niece were both staying that night and it woke them all up. My Father took the batteries out of it. They went back to bed . Around 4am the other smoke alarm started going off for no reason.They never slept after that.

A few weeks ago my Father left his house and came and stayed at our house for the night. He went back home the next morning to find every light on in the house in every room. My Father is particular about these things, he is always checking that lights are off, doors are locked before he leaves his house or goes to bed etc.
He was quite spooked by this. There wasn't any break in, there hasn't been anything like that in our village for many years anyway.

I'm not sure what to believe and I'm quite sceptical about these things anyway but it makes you wonder, I suppose

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 pm

jak wrote:
Blue River wrote:
jak wrote:

smt179 Your loss.

I do try and keep an open mind. Its just that I feel most of the people are dtrying to ecieve. Any of the people doing energy readings or those who regulary talk to dead people on the other side are crooks. They prey on people who are desperate to hear their message. Those people make easy targets. Since you took the time to post those videos I will check them out. I shouldnt condem them before watching. I would be the first one to admit I was wrong if something could change my mind.

And, you'd be right in many cases, Jak, I've met and known many over the last 30 years, they're either deluding themselves, or they are frustrated "performers" who have found an audience, and one or two are in it for money, BUT, then you come to the people that really do have an ability such as the lady in the videos I posted.

RJM, talk about consciousness, give this Cardiologist a listen to, he and his team did a ten year study of people that survived cardiac arrest, is it all true ? nobody knows....Yet !

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Mickey Robinson's testimony ~
(Note especially what he says starting at the 9:12 mark about his experience not being about religion)

phpBB [video]

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

rjm wrote:Terrifying thread! I don't believe in 'em, but I am scared of 'em!

I just hate to think that "life is but a walking shadow . . . full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." But I find it difficult to believe that consciousness has the free run of space-time, either. That's too frightening. I would be able to more easily accept reincarnation - or something more structured, as this life is structured. Ghosts and spirits are unpredictable, and share "our" space and time. That's what's scary. And then there's that cut! I read that, and saw it, before attempting sleep last night!

But yes: I believe Steven Hawking, and others: "information is never lost." I don't think our consciousness just vaporizes. All of THIS would then mean nothing.

Because death is not an "end" in that view; it is the negation of life. No memories, no life happened as far as we are concerned. Makes all this an illusion. So, I want *something* . . . but ghosts - consciousness running wild in our own space - knock the ground from underneath us, so that's terrifying.

As for your injury: could you have fallen asleep? Then something cut you: a ring on the opposite hand?

I must ask: was it a scary book? You had heard the news of the death of a famous horror novelist . . .

rjm

No, not a scary book at all, and certainly hadn't fallen asleep, and I don't wear rings, watches when indoors. If I'd been asleep and woke up with the scratches obviously you would assume i'd scratched myself somehow in the night. The problem is that I felt it happen and, although you can't see it well in the pic, there are three scratches altogether. There is the big long one, but there is also two lighter ones that cross that one and move in the other direction. So, even if I had inadvertently lent over and scratched an itch without realising it (which I'm 100% sure didn't happen anyway), that would be almost impossible to do. I saw a friend yesterday who saw the scratches and said if she dind't know better she'd say it was a cat - but no cats here. Well, no living ones anyway! ;)