Off Topic Messages

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:00 am

promiseland wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
promiseland wrote:That sounds pretty weird Peter, but believable, me and my girlfriend drove to Vegas once and we would switch taking turns driving, and I would takes pictures of the scenery when she drove. We were in New Mexico and I was snapping pictures out the window of the desert scenery, and when we got back, and I was looking at all the pictures, there was a ghostly image of a pregnant woman standing on side of the road holding her stomach. There is very much detail although it was as it was made up of some kind of smoke vapor of a woman which can be clearly seen. Then about a year later there was an episode on Unsolved Mysteries that showed the exact same background mountain like range where the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day.

I have my Vegas trip pictures on an SD card and I will try to dig it out to put it here for you to see .

So anyway yes, I think what you are experiencing could be an actual Ghost, and there would be no reason for those things to be happening for just no reason.

Thanks for posting your story it's very interesting.


Would be interesting to see the pic!

Here's the Picture Pete. The windows were down so there is no glare from what I can see to explain this also I have other shots seconds apart from this with no image showing of the woman.


Thanks promiseland. Man, it's difficult isn't it? On the one hand you can say it's a pregnant woman as you can clearly see a face, the body shape etc. On the other hand people will say that the image is almost like an artist's rendering of a pregnant woman and she isn't seen in proportion, so to speak. But there's certainly not an obvious answer as to what is on that image.

And Jak, for all your comments about things being explained away easily, your're notcoming forward here and saying "this was caused by X because this happened." And if you're saying that it could have happened because of it being taken out of a speeding vehicle, why would it only happen on one photo out of the many that were taken? And why would it take that shape? Surely if there are logical reasons and these things are common issues in the photographic world (as you are suggesting), you (or someone in that industry) should be able to say what the set of circumstances were that caused such an image and why.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying the explaining away is ultimately unconvincing. If it's known why these images - and mists, and orbs, and ghosts - appear in photographs, then surely it should be possible to replicate those conditions and make those anomolies yourself. But that doesn't seem to happen. If it did, perhaps it would put these issues to rest. I certainly understand issues with films getting jammed and double exposures in the old days, but with digital cameras that's surely not a feasible solution?

I'm not saying that it's not a ghost, and I'm not saying Jak's comment about it being a particular condition causing the anomoly on the photo is wrong either. But surely if Jak has worked in the technical side of photography for nearly 30 years, it should be relatively easy to say "what probably caused this is ...." I'm not saying that to be rude in any way, just being honest when you look at both sides of the equation and ultimately playing devil's advocate. If you think you know what caused it, would you be able to replicate it under the same conditions?

It's the same as when you see photos or videos of orbs. The believers tell us they are spirits, and the non-believers tell us they are particles of dust or insects or whatever. Both on the face of it seem unlikely. But if the latter is true, why don't we see the technical whizzes creating an orb videos themselves? Yes, the photos are relatively easy to recreate, we know that, but dust and particles move in a particular way, they don't normally zoom across a room in a straight line, for example they don't disappear into thin air either. As an example, the video below is from the rehearsal last summer that I spoke about in my first post. The orb-like images don't behave in the way that dust particles would, in my opinion. I'm not saying it's a ghost, I'm just saying I can't see a logical explanation.

phpBB [video]

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 am

Just as Jak said it could be something else, but I guess I'll never know for sure, but it has always been a great conversation piece at work when I had it uploaded on my phone to show.

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:40 am

jak wrote:I didn't go into further details about what could have caused the artifact because I don't know the details. I wasn't there. Im not familiar with the camera or any problems it may have. I don't know anything about the situation that existed the moment the photo was taken. I based my comments on my work experience as a Quality Control Technician for 20 years at Kodak and 8 years at my present job. Those pics with "ghosts" are a dime a dozen. You guys don't see that many photos over time. I have worked at facilities that produce millions of prints per year. I have seen it all. I bet not one person would have saw a pregnant woman in that photo if it hadn't been previously suggested. It's nothing but light in my opinion. Not a ghost zipping along the window at 60 mph. The fact it was a bright day can also cause issues with your images. Maybe only once out of every few thousand clicks. Could be a glare off the window frame itself or even the car or door handle. Haven't you ever seen the glare off a piece of metal in the sun? The possibilities are endless. I can only speculate. I also noticed the "face" is just the terrain itself. The glare is transparent. You're just seeing rocks and using them as facial features.


You're certainly right about the terrain and the face, I have to admit. And I'm not saying it's a ghost - but there is also the issue that it could be. And yes, I'm sure the vast majority of photos claiming to be ghosts are either fake or easily explainable - but that doesn't mean to say that none of the many ghost pics actually capture something that perhaps is not quite so logical.

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:49 am

jak wrote:I didn't go into further details about what could have caused the artifact because I don't know the details. I wasn't there. Im not familiar with the camera or any problems it may have. I don't know anything about the situation that existed the moment the photo was taken. I based my comments on my work experience as a Quality Control Technician for 20 years at Kodak and 8 years at my present job. Those pics with "ghosts" are a dime a dozen. You guys don't see that many photos over time. I have worked at facilities that produce millions of prints per year. I have seen it all. I bet not one person would have saw a pregnant woman in that photo if it hadn't been previously suggested. It's nothing but light in my opinion. Not a ghost zipping along the window at 60 mph. The fact it was a bright day can also cause issues with your images. Maybe only once out of every few thousand clicks. Could be a glare off the window frame itself or even the car or door handle. Haven't you ever seen the glare off a piece of metal in the sun? The possibilities are endless. I can only speculate. I also noticed the "face" is just the terrain itself. The glare is transparent. You're just seeing rocks and using them as facial features.

That's the point I was making, it is sometimes pointed out to me, not the "pregnant" remark but a lot of our friends who were just looking at the photos in the photo album of our trip have YES stopped at that photo and have commented things such as " That's a strange shot kinda looks like a woman in it" type comments. I have also just as fun gave the photo to my 6 year old niece and said what is that in the picture? And she pointed at the glare image as you call it and said "A lady". Once again it's a matter of opinion of could be or couldn't be .
Hope this helps.

This is what has made my photo a bit of interest to me.
http://www.newser.com/story/51719/9th-b ... esert.html

A ninth body has been unearthed in the New Mexican desert in what one expert believes is the work of a serial killer, reports KRQE-TV. Only one of the victims in the secret graveyard outside Albuquerque—a prostitute reported missing in 2003—has been identified. There are currently 24 women listed as missing in Albuquerque, including several prostitutes. Police believe all of the victims, including a pregnant women, were killed between 2003-2005 and were buried by the same individual.


"This has all the trappings of a serial murder case," said a University of New Mexico professor who has studied 1000 serial killers.

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 am

I don't believe in ghosts, but I believe in energy residue...

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 am

OK, so it's Elvis Week 2007 and I'm in the basement of Graceland trying to get a photo of all the mysterious doors down there. So this gal is at the foot of the stairs and she won't move. She's apparently waiting for someone behind me and I'm holding up traffic trying to get my pic. So I just took it. Here it is.

Image

Image

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 am

phpBB [video]





I know this woman personally and can assure anybody she is the real deal, she is fascinating, IMO there is something after death and "Ghosts" are sometimes really seen.


phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]



The woman was pregnant and gave birth to her 5th child,a baby girl some months later.

phpBB [video]

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:55 am

jak wrote:
Blue River wrote:jak, I guess you feel sorry for the people that believe Don Piper's story, too, huh?

I don't have the patience for most of that nonsense so I didn't watch them.

smt179 Your loss.

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:06 am

Terrifying thread! I don't believe in 'em, but I am scared of 'em!

I just hate to think that "life is but a walking shadow . . . full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." But I find it difficult to believe that consciousness has the free run of space-time, either. That's too frightening. I would be able to more easily accept reincarnation - or something more structured, as this life is structured. Ghosts and spirits are unpredictable, and share "our" space and time. That's what's scary. And then there's that cut! I read that, and saw it, before attempting sleep last night!

But yes: I believe Steven Hawking, and others: "information is never lost." I don't think our consciousness just vaporizes. All of THIS would then mean nothing.

Because death is not an "end" in that view; it is the negation of life. No memories, no life happened as far as we are concerned. Makes all this an illusion. So, I want *something* . . . but ghosts - consciousness running wild in our own space - knock the ground from underneath us, so that's terrifying.

As for your injury: could you have fallen asleep? Then something cut you: a ring on the opposite hand?

I must ask: was it a scary book? You had heard the news of the death of a famous horror novelist . . .

rjm

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:32 pm

The orbs on the video move like something (on or around the camera?) is moving and causing an orb to appear on the video

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 pm

promiseland wrote:...the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day...


Was the real woman killed before you took your photo ?

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:16 pm

Not sure if I believe in ghosts..probably not.

But there has been a few strange things happening. My Mother died suddenly on Xmas night past. On Boxing night my wife and I were in our bed with one of the children, it was pretty late on and we were all wide awake, suddenly the light shade started shaking , only for a few seconds but it certainly freaked out my son and I suppose us as well because there was no reason for it ! That same night at my Fathers house, the smoke alarm started going off around 2am(for no reason), my sister and my nephew and niece were both staying that night and it woke them all up. My Father took the batteries out of it. They went back to bed . Around 4am the other smoke alarm started going off for no reason.They never slept after that.

A few weeks ago my Father left his house and came and stayed at our house for the night. He went back home the next morning to find every light on in the house in every room. My Father is particular about these things, he is always checking that lights are off, doors are locked before he leaves his house or goes to bed etc.
He was quite spooked by this. There wasn't any break in, there hasn't been anything like that in our village for many years anyway.

I'm not sure what to believe and I'm quite sceptical about these things anyway but it makes you wonder, I suppose

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:46 pm

jak wrote:
Blue River wrote:
jak wrote:
Blue River wrote:jak, I guess you feel sorry for the people that believe Don Piper's story, too, huh?

I don't have the patience for most of that nonsense so I didn't watch them.

smt179 Your loss.


I do try and keep an open mind. Its just that I feel most of the people are dtrying to ecieve. Any of the people doing energy readings or those who regulary talk to dead people on the other side are crooks. They prey on people who are desperate to hear their message. Those people make easy targets. Since you took the time to post those videos I will check them out. I shouldnt condem them before watching. I would be the first one to admit I was wrong if something could change my mind.



And, you'd be right in many cases, Jak, I've met and known many over the last 30 years, they're either deluding themselves, or they are frustrated "performers" who have found an audience, and one or two are in it for money, BUT, then you come to the people that really do have an ability such as the lady in the videos I posted.

RJM, talk about consciousness, give this Cardiologist a listen to, he and his team did a ten year study of people that survived cardiac arrest, is it all true ? nobody knows....Yet !

phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 pm

Mickey Robinson's testimony ~
(Note especially what he says starting at the 9:12 mark about his experience not being about religion)

phpBB [video]

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

rjm wrote:Terrifying thread! I don't believe in 'em, but I am scared of 'em!

I just hate to think that "life is but a walking shadow . . . full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." But I find it difficult to believe that consciousness has the free run of space-time, either. That's too frightening. I would be able to more easily accept reincarnation - or something more structured, as this life is structured. Ghosts and spirits are unpredictable, and share "our" space and time. That's what's scary. And then there's that cut! I read that, and saw it, before attempting sleep last night!

But yes: I believe Steven Hawking, and others: "information is never lost." I don't think our consciousness just vaporizes. All of THIS would then mean nothing.

Because death is not an "end" in that view; it is the negation of life. No memories, no life happened as far as we are concerned. Makes all this an illusion. So, I want *something* . . . but ghosts - consciousness running wild in our own space - knock the ground from underneath us, so that's terrifying.

As for your injury: could you have fallen asleep? Then something cut you: a ring on the opposite hand?

I must ask: was it a scary book? You had heard the news of the death of a famous horror novelist . . .

rjm


No, not a scary book at all, and certainly hadn't fallen asleep, and I don't wear rings, watches when indoors. If I'd been asleep and woke up with the scratches obviously you would assume i'd scratched myself somehow in the night. The problem is that I felt it happen and, although you can't see it well in the pic, there are three scratches altogether. There is the big long one, but there is also two lighter ones that cross that one and move in the other direction. So, even if I had inadvertently lent over and scratched an itch without realising it (which I'm 100% sure didn't happen anyway), that would be almost impossible to do. I saw a friend yesterday who saw the scratches and said if she dind't know better she'd say it was a cat - but no cats here. Well, no living ones anyway! ;)

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:The orbs on the video move like something (on or around the camera?) is moving and causing an orb to appear on the video


Yes, it does, but the camera is on a tripod on the floor of the hall, with everyone else on stage (you see them walk off as the clip starts). For them to get into the main hall where the orb-thing is, they would have to walk in front of the camera. The first one looks almost like a feather - but feathers don't move in a straight line from the floor into the air - and it does appear to literally vanish. Oddly, there are similar images in the show from September as well.

Re: Ghosts?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 am

poormadpeter wrote:
rjm wrote:Terrifying thread! I don't believe in 'em, but I am scared of 'em!

I just hate to think that "life is but a walking shadow . . . full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." But I find it difficult to believe that consciousness has the free run of space-time, either. That's too frightening. I would be able to more easily accept reincarnation - or something more structured, as this life is structured. Ghosts and spirits are unpredictable, and share "our" space and time. That's what's scary. And then there's that cut! I read that, and saw it, before attempting sleep last night!

But yes: I believe Steven Hawking, and others: "information is never lost." I don't think our consciousness just vaporizes. All of THIS would then mean nothing.

Because death is not an "end" in that view; it is the negation of life. No memories, no life happened as far as we are concerned. Makes all this an illusion. So, I want *something* . . . but ghosts - consciousness running wild in our own space - knock the ground from underneath us, so that's terrifying.

As for your injury: could you have fallen asleep? Then something cut you: a ring on the opposite hand?

I must ask: was it a scary book? You had heard the news of the death of a famous horror novelist . . .

rjm


No, not a scary book at all, and certainly hadn't fallen asleep, and I don't wear rings, watches when indoors. If I'd been asleep and woke up with the scratches obviously you would assume i'd scratched myself somehow in the night. The problem is that I felt it happen and, although you can't see it well in the pic, there are three scratches altogether. There is the big long one, but there is also two lighter ones that cross that one and move in the other direction. So, even if I had inadvertently lent over and scratched an itch without realising it (which I'm 100% sure didn't happen anyway), that would be almost impossible to do. I saw a friend yesterday who saw the scratches and said if she dind't know better she'd say it was a cat - but no cats here. Well, no living ones anyway! ;)


I'm sorry; I just had to ask because I've fallen asleep while reading, and didn't realize it. But yes: there are three scratches! Saw it better in color. You'd have been up by the first one. Those are serious scratches. Reminds me of when I've had a broken fingernail - all sharp.

It's fascinating: physical evidence of . . . something. Perhaps get it cultured for bacteria, DNA. Never know where that would lead.

__________
As to "near death" experiences well, if the brain lived to remember, you were never dead.

These other things are truly disturbing. The image in the desert: there's something terribly eerie about it. I know the terrain seems involved, but the facial expression produced looks anguished. As if there were an "imprint."

And the Graceland shot is curious. Yes, double exposure, but that does not explain the almost photograhic quality of the troubling image. Looks like '69. Imagine the thousands (at least) of photos that passed through that spot . . . like an imprint of some kind.
Beyond that, who knows?

rjm (Daylon: very sorry to hear about your mother. My condolences.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Ghosts?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 am

rjm wrote:It's fascinating: physical evidence of . . . something. Perhaps get it cultured for bacteria, DNA. Never know where that would lead.
__________


Lets hope Peter doesn't turn into a vampire..

Re: Ghosts?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 pm

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:It's fascinating: physical evidence of . . . something. Perhaps get it cultured for bacteria, DNA. Never know where that would lead.
__________


Lets hope Peter doesn't turn into a vampire..


I fang you for you concern!

Re: Ghosts?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:24 pm

This happen in the fall of 1974 my family moved into this ranch style house in Bollinger County Mo
A shot time after we moved in things tarted to happen
My mom and dad took one bed room and my grandmother took the other i had the room off the living room.
A person would be sitting in the living room and hear walking in the hallway no one there
A person would be in one of the two bedrooms that my parents or grandmother had a person would hear the front door open and hear voices no one there.
The room my parents and little brother had it would be always cold no matter what time of year
onetime my brother was put down for bed and all a sudden he woke up screaming and would never go back to that room.
So they switch rooms with my grandmother
We had a outside dog and it's house was right under that one room and it would always bark a at window.
The front door would be locked when we all went to bed and when someone went the bathroom it would be standing wide open
There was one time when we all saw something move it was the door heading to the carport my mother was standing near it when it was SLAMED shut with great force there was no wind to move that door.
At 3:10 everyday the sound of a car pulling up would be heard no car there.
This went on for months until a family friend talked mother into pulling out a ouija board and we found out what happened.
The woman that lived there before us was murdered and she told who did it
It was the next door nabor
They wanted her out of the way so the husband would marry their daughter and it did happen
Thing wen quite we though she wanted to tell what really happened
Right after using the board we moved out

Re: Ghosts?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 pm

My mother-in-law passed away in 2007. The day of the funeral, I woke up with an eerie feeling that I only felt when she was near. No matter what I did, I couldn't shake the feeling. When we got to the funeral home, the feeling only got worse. It wasn't a grieving feeling, just eerie. There's no other way to explain it. I then noticed (of all things) a wasp flying around the ceiling. It was flying fairly rapidly like it was agitated. I saw that the wasp then landed on the arm of a sofa that was not yet occupied. I walked over toward the wasp. The closer I got, the more that eerie feeling came over me. I then realized that it was the same feeling I had everytime I was around my mother-in-law. I took the funeral announcement that I had in my hand and rolled it up. With one swift "whap" the smashed wasp fell to the floor lifeless. I have not had that eerie feeling in 6 years.

Coincidence? I think not.

Re: Ghosts?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:It's fascinating: physical evidence of . . . something. Perhaps get it cultured for bacteria, DNA. Never know where that would lead.
__________


Lets hope Peter doesn't turn into a vampire..


I fang you for you concern!

:lol:

Re: Ghosts?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 am

Not really a ghost story but something weird happening.
Years ago I just arrived at work when I got a phonecall from the hospital where my mother was admitted for surgery and a nurse said "Here's your mother on the phone, she has been frantic for the past 30 minutes so we finally decided to gi e in and phone you".
Then my mother asked "What is wrong with my mother?, Did she die?".
I told her no.
Then about an hour later I got a phonecall from an aunt, my mother's sister, that my grandmother had passed away that morning.
It appeared she had been out of bed that morning but had not opened the curtains.
So by agreement my grandmother's neighbour phoned my aunt, who then went and looked and found my grandmother on the bed and a fresh untouched cup of tea on the table.
Somehow my mother knew or felt her mother had passed away.
My mother also knew when someone in the family was pregnant and whether it would be a boy or a girl.
This went so far that some day she said she saw a coloured child but all in our family are Kaukasian.
It appeared a niece was busy adopting a coloured girl!

Re: Ghosts?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:08 am

I don't believe in ghosts. And if some people are psychic why don't they win the lottery? Oh, because they can't use their special skills to get money etc. Then win the money and give it all away to charity. It is just BS. That's my opinion.

Re: Ghosts?

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 am

I'm hoping the ghost of the Direct tv genie visits me, and that there'll be lots of moaning and chain rattling. I'll be doing the moaning while she rattles my chain! (Dodges rotten fruit and eggs hurled by rjm.)