Post here your Elvis' pictures

Gold Lamé Suit, 1957 - New To Me!

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Found this pic on eBay, it is new to me. From April 2nd, 1957 in Toronto.*

Enjoy!

eBay link

Toronto.JPG

*Edit: Chicago, Illinois - March 28, 1957
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Polk Salad Andy on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Toronto April 2nd, 1957 - New To Me!

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Thats one great photo!
thanks Andy

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:49 pm

Andy the pic is from International Amphitheatre, Chicago,
Illinois - March 28, 1957 -
See Elvis At Toronto
on pics attached -

-This was the last time he wore the gold suit entirely - here are some more pics from that venue - Enjoy -

he alSO wore the gold suit just jacket and black pants at -

Memorial Coliseum -Buffalo - New York On April 1st 57 -
Ottawa-The Auditorium - April 3rd 57 -

Enjoy - TCE4Evr - ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by karlos on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Sorry,

this photo shows Elvis onstage at the International Amphitheatre, Chicago, Illinois - Mar. 28, 1957

Mississippi

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Mississippi wrote:Sorry,

this photo shows Elvis onstage at the International Amphitheatre, Chicago, Illinois - Mar. 28, 1957

Mississippi

Which photo are you talking about?

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Joe Car wrote:

Mississippi

The first one posted Joe...the other two posted by Karlos are Toronto

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Thanks for correcting the dates/ location guys.

It is still new to me though. :lol:

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:37 pm

A cropped version was included on pages 2 & 3 of "Platinum - A Life In Music" (1997).
The eBay version is colorized though.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:27 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Found this pic on eBay, it is new to me. From April 2nd, 1957 in Toronto.

Enjoy!

eBay link

Toronto.JPG

As noted, that one is from 3-28-1957 in Chicago, and colorized. Might you update the topic title?

Here is the original BxW press photo, and a couple of others. "Heartbreak Hotel" is the opener he's singing.

570328_Chicago_Heartbreak Hotel_01.JPG

570328_Chicago_Heartbreak Hotel_01a.JPG

570328_Chicago_Heartbreak Hotel_02.JPG

570328_Chicago_UPI report.JPG

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:40 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Found this pic on eBay, it is new to me. From April 2nd, 1957 in Toronto.

Enjoy!

eBay link

Toronto.JPG

As noted, that one is from 3-28-1957 in Chicago, and colorized. Might you update the topic title?

Here is the original BxW press photo, and a couple of others. "Heartbreak Hotel" is the opener he's singing.

Thanks for all the photos, Doc. Yes, I would update the title if I knew how :?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks for posting the original photo Doc. It kills me how people think they have corrected the contrasts and tones of images when they have no masking skills to correctly preserve the background highlights such as in the original posted colorized image compared to Docs original. It would be much better if they just leave them as original if they have no clue what they are doing. :roll:

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:Thanks for all the photos, Doc. Yes, I would update the title if I knew how :?

Just return to your original post, click the Edit button, type a new title, then click Submit.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Enjoy!

eBay link

Toronto.JPG

Thanks for these Doc

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
Joe Car wrote:

Mississippi

The first one posted Joe...the other two posted by Karlos are Toronto

Thanks Paul. ::rocks

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Thanks for all the photos, Doc. Yes, I would update the title if I knew how :?

Just return to your original post, click the Edit button, type a new title, then click Submit.

And whilst your at it Andy, can you get rid that that horrible picture of an Elvis irritator in your avatar? Thanks.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks, Doc. I didn't know you could do that. All sorted now ::rocks

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

And whilst your at it Andy, can you get rid that that horrible picture of an Elvis irritator in your avatar? Thanks.

In effect, no. That is Bruce Campbell of The Evil Dead fame. He does a fantastic Elvis in the Comedy Horror Bubba Ho-Tep. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it to anyone who has a sense of humour :lol:

Re: Gold Lamé Suit, 1957 - New To Me!

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:35 pm

I have that movie but never watched it. I assumed he was taking the mickey out of Elvis, like he is in that picture.

Re: Gold Lamé Suit, 1957 - New To Me!

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Watch it Tony. Very funny!

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:14 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

In effect, no. That is Bruce Campbell of The Evil Dead fame. He does a fantastic Elvis in the Comedy Horror Bubba Ho-Tep. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it to anyone who has a sense of humour :lol:

well said Andy - Som people must get sense of humor ta live a happy life - Andy - yu can add any avatar yu wish for and you are happy with - OK -Best wishes Andy my buddy - TCE4Evr -

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:30 am

Polk Salad Andy wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks, Doc. I didn't know you could do that. All sorted now ::rocks

Always happy to help another good member of this forum!