Off Topic Messages

Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:01 am

My house is...odd. It's not particularly old, and is part of a block of (in my case ex-) council maisonettes built around 1960. I've lived here for over ten years, renting from my landlord. At least four different households in the block of properties have...problems...from time to time with things being moved, things disappearing, weird images appearing on photos, sounds etc. It's become kind of a running joke, no-one is bothered by it. It just happens and we're used to it. Until last night, when something got rather vicious. I was reading in bed, felt a pain in my arm, and looked down to find two fresh scratches on my right arm. One was stronger/bigger than the other, but they cross just above the elbow and the big one is about eight inches long. Oddly, it bothered me less last night when it happened than it does now.

DSCF1096.JPG


Oddly, we videoed a rehearsal and performance of a show I directed last summer with the local amdram group and got a number of odd images on the recording, and again in a different show in September. We've been recording shows there on video since the 1990s and never had anything like that before, and now two shows in a row.

Anyone else had ghostly experiences?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:40 am

That sounds pretty weird Peter, but believable, me and my girlfriend drove to Vegas once and we would switch taking turns driving, and I would takes pictures of the scenery when she drove. We were in New Mexico and I was snapping pictures out the window of the desert scenery, and when we got back, and I was looking at all the pictures, there was a ghostly image of a pregnant woman standing on side of the road holding her stomach. There is very much detail although it was as it was made up of some kind of smoke vapor of a woman which can be clearly seen. Then about a year later there was an episode on Unsolved Mysteries that showed the exact same background mountain like range where the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day.

I have my Vegas trip pictures on an SD card and I will try to dig it out to put it here for you to see .

So anyway yes, I think what you are experiencing could be an actual Ghost, and there would be no reason for those things to be happening for just no reason.

Thanks for posting your story it's very interesting.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 am

"You ever seen a ghost? / No, but you have heard of them"...

B. Dylan

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:07 pm

As a kid growing up, I've seen plenty on the old telly........such as.....
BTW, I think Casper is a cute lil fella, don't you think ?? :smt001

Image


Image

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm

That is spooky.

My grandmother lived with us when I was a child and a few years after she died, my dad saw her walking up the stairs. He wasn't scared, but utterly convinced of what he saw.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:05 pm

poormadpeter wrote:...I was reading in bed, felt a pain in my arm, and looked down to find two fresh scratches on my right arm.
One was stronger/bigger than the other, but they cross just above the elbow and the big one is about eight inches long.
Oddly, it bothered me less last night when it happened than it does now...


As you were undressing for bed, you scratched your arm on a badge [or something] on your clothes.

Being busy 'doing something' you never noticed.

Shortly after, lying there & doing nothing [physical] to distract you, the scratches became noticeable !

Just my take on it................

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:29 pm

ColinB wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:...I was reading in bed, felt a pain in my arm, and looked down to find two fresh scratches on my right arm.
One was stronger/bigger than the other, but they cross just above the elbow and the big one is about eight inches long.
Oddly, it bothered me less last night when it happened than it does now...


As you were undressing for bed, you scratched your arm on a badge [or something] on your clothes.

Being busy 'doing something' you never noticed.

Shortly after, lying there & doing nothing [physical] to distract you, the scratches became noticeable !

Just my take on it................


I don't wear anything like badges etc, otherwise I would agree with you. Had I noticed the scratches at a later time, obviously i would assume I had caught my arm on something, but the issue was that I actually felt it happen, which was the disconcerting bit!

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:13 pm

promiseland wrote:That sounds pretty weird Peter, but believable, me and my girlfriend drove to Vegas once and we would switch taking turns driving, and I would takes pictures of the scenery when she drove. We were in New Mexico and I was snapping pictures out the window of the desert scenery, and when we got back, and I was looking at all the pictures, there was a ghostly image of a pregnant woman standing on side of the road holding her stomach. There is very much detail although it was as it was made up of some kind of smoke vapor of a woman which can be clearly seen. Then about a year later there was an episode on Unsolved Mysteries that showed the exact same background mountain like range where the body of a Hispanic pregnant woman was brutally raped and murdered and found there, and the case still remained unsolved to this day.

I have my Vegas trip pictures on an SD card and I will try to dig it out to put it here for you to see .

So anyway yes, I think what you are experiencing could be an actual Ghost, and there would be no reason for those things to be happening for just no reason.

Thanks for posting your story it's very interesting.


Would be interesting to see the pic!

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

I have no doubt that when we die its just like turning out a light switch. It's over and that's it. No coming back to walk around our old haunts or rattle chains. The human mind is an amazing thing. If you want to believe in supernatural events you will be prone to having them. So many people assign a supernatural meaning to everyday mundane events. Same for every single ghost photo taken. I've worked in the technical side of photography for 28 years. All those ghostly apparitions are easily explained away and are common occurrences. I hate to be a buzz kill but,Elvis is dead,bigfoot is a hoax,loch ness monster is a hoax and UFO's are not visiting this planet.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 pm

jak wrote:I have no doubt that when we die its just like turning out a light switch. It's over and that's it. No coming back to walk around our old haunts or rattle chains. The human mind is an amazing thing. If you want to believe in supernatural events you will be prone to having them. So many people assign a supernatural meaning to everyday mundane events. Same for every single ghost photo taken. I've worked in the technical side of photography for 28 years. All those ghostly apparitions are easily explained away and are common occurrences. I hate to be a buzz kill but,Elvis is dead,bigfoot is a hoax,loch ness monster is a hoax and UFO's are not visiting this planet.


That's all well and good, but if we simply die (and you may be right), then one has to ponder what the hell is the point of it all. And this is, of course, where we all come unstuck. Scientists will say we are a result of the big bang, and the religious will say we are here because God made us. But to the religious we ask "well, who made God then? and where did He come from?" and to the scientists we as "well, if something caused the big band, then what made the something that caused the big band and where does that come from?"

People have been seeing "ghosts" in all cultures as far back as we can go in history, and my own theory is that there are enough weird experiences out there to suggest that there are things regarding life and death (and anything inbetween) we really don't know about.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 pm

People see bigfoot and UFO's all the time also. People are unreliable. It's an undisputabe fact. It's not that their lying either. The desire to believe makes people see things that just aren't there. I would like nothing more than to be wrong. The thought of passing away and being reunited with my parents is very comforting. Unfortunately it's just a fantasy. I firmly believe death is the absolute end. I don't understand with all the corruption in organized religion people still cling to it. I guess it's a good security blanket.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:50 pm

poormadpeter wrote:... "well, if something caused the big band, then what made the something that caused the big band and where does that come from?" ...


Rock 'n' roll effectively killed of 'big band' music in the mid fifties.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 pm

ColinB wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:... "well, if something caused the big band, then what made the something that caused the big band and where does that come from?" ...


Rock 'n' roll effectively killed of 'big band' music in the mid fifties.


oops!

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:24 pm

jak wrote:People see bigfoot and UFO's all the time also. People are unreliable. It's an undisputabe fact. It's not that their lying either. The desire to believe makes people see things that just aren't there. I would like nothing more than to be wrong. The thought of passing away and being reunited with my parents is very comforting. Unfortunately it's just a fantasy. I firmly believe death is the absolute end. I don't understand with all the corruption in organized religion people still cling to it. I guess it's a good security blanket.


Surely your belief that there is nothing after life is just as unprovable as the those that believe there is something after life? In fact one could argue to a certain extent that there is more evidence to suggest there is something going on after life that we don't fully understand than to suggest there isn't. I do agree with you that those who see deceased family members etc could maybe subconsciously taking part in the fulfillment of their own wishes, but those who have experiences outside of that kind of scenario are surely not wandering around hoping they get proof of the afterlife everywhere they go?

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:36 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
jak wrote:People see bigfoot and UFO's all the time also. People are unreliable. It's an undisputabe fact. It's not that their lying either. The desire to believe makes people see things that just aren't there. I would like nothing more than to be wrong. The thought of passing away and being reunited with my parents is very comforting. Unfortunately it's just a fantasy. I firmly believe death is the absolute end. I don't understand with all the corruption in organized religion people still cling to it. I guess it's a good security blanket.


Surely your belief that there is nothing after life is just as unprovable as the those that believe there is something after life? In fact one could argue to a certain extent that there is more evidence to suggest there is something going on after life that we don't fully understand than to suggest there isn't. I do agree with you that those who see deceased family members etc could maybe subconsciously taking part in the fulfillment of their own wishes, but those who have experiences outside of that kind of scenario are surely not wandering around hoping they get proof of the afterlife everywhere they go?


If there is something after life, is that only for humans or also for animals that are 99% the same DNA as humans? Or even for animals whose DNA hardly matches that of humans?
If it is only for humans, why is that?

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm

This is a topic you could debate forever. I don't knock anybody for what they believe. My parents had a strong belief system. It gave them great comfort. We are all free to believe wat we want. Im just naturally skeptical. For me the supernatural just doesn't hold up to close scrutiny.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

jak wrote:People see bigfoot and UFO's all the time also. People are unreliable. It's an undisputabe fact. It's not that their lying either. The desire to believe makes people see things that just aren't there. I would like nothing more than to be wrong. The thought of passing away and being reunited with my parents is very comforting. Unfortunately it's just a fantasy. I firmly believe death is the absolute end. I don't understand with all the corruption in organized religion people still cling to it. I guess it's a good security blanket.



Don't let Tony Trout hear you say that. He'll come after you with a dagger, his tin-foil hat, his medicated kool-aid, and his mother !!!! :smt005 :smt005

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:06 pm

jak wrote:People see bigfoot and UFO's all the time also.
People are unreliable.
It's an undisputabe fact. It's not that their lying either.
The desire to believe makes people see things that just aren't there...


Yes.

There was a serious scientific study of Loch Ness once by a highly qualified team of experts.

One day, one of them saw the monster come up out of the water near a rock face, look around, & then plunge back into the water again !

And what's more, he filmed the whole thing !

When the processed film came back, they played the footage, which showed the rock face, but no monster !

He'd 'seen' what he wanted to see !

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:18 pm

poormadpeter wrote:I was reading in bed, felt a pain in my arm, and looked down to find two fresh scratches on my right arm. One was stronger/bigger than the other, but they cross just above the elbow and the big one is about eight inches long.


Pete, you would'nt happen to have a pet cat in your home, do you ?

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:28 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:I was reading in bed, felt a pain in my arm, and looked down to find two fresh scratches on my right arm. One was stronger/bigger than the other, but they cross just above the elbow and the big one is about eight inches long.


Pete, you would'nt happen to have a pet cat in your home, do you ?


Well, not an invisible one, anyhow..............

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:02 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:I was reading in bed, felt a pain in my arm, and looked down to find two fresh scratches on my right arm. One was stronger/bigger than the other, but they cross just above the elbow and the big one is about eight inches long.


Pete, you would'nt happen to have a pet cat in your home, do you ?


No. lol

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
jak wrote:People see bigfoot and UFO's all the time also. People are unreliable. It's an undisputabe fact. It's not that their lying either. The desire to believe makes people see things that just aren't there. I would like nothing more than to be wrong. The thought of passing away and being reunited with my parents is very comforting. Unfortunately it's just a fantasy. I firmly believe death is the absolute end. I don't understand with all the corruption in organized religion people still cling to it. I guess it's a good security blanket.



Don't let Tony Trout hear you say that. He'll come after you with a dagger, his tin-foil hat, his medicated kool-aid, and his mother !!!! :smt005 :smt005


That might get a "help me sweet Jesus" out of me.

Re: Ghosts?

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:56 pm

:smt066 :smt030 call a exorcist :smt078

:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:05 am

poormadpeter wrote:In fact one could argue to a certain extent that there is more evidence to suggest there is something going on after life that we don't fully understand than to suggest there isn't. I do agree with you that those who see deceased family members etc could maybe subconsciously taking part in the fulfillment of their own wishes, but those who have experiences outside of that kind of scenario are surely not wandering around hoping they get proof of the afterlife everywhere they go?


phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]

Last edited by Blue River on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Ghosts?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 am

Im familiar with that kid with Pat Boone. Him and his dad take the cake. I feel sorry for the people that actually that kids story. I actually had a coworker walking around with that book trying to get others to buy it. He didn't talk to me for about two weeks after I gave my opinion of the story.