Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Heart of Rome (Favorite Version)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 am

My favorite version. :D

phpBB [video]

Re: Heart of Rome (Favorite Version)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:29 am

The master is one of my favoritie Elvis songs. I really like this song. Elvis' voice is super and it is really a different sounding arrangement. IMHO, it is an underappreciated gem by Elvis.

rlj

Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:32 am

I'll take a piss in every fountain- version is pretty good.

I recall when I bought the Love letters Album back in the 70's, I already had the 45, but the 45 mix was alot better.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:54 am

I like this song, too...the master...also like When I`m Over You and It Ain`t No Big Thing from the Love Letters album...good music..

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Good song,not keen on the "funny"version though

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:10 pm

The rehearsal version is fun but not a very good performance. The studio outtakes tend to be very hesitant and the timing is off. The master is by far the best version.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Not good, not funny, not something I ever want to hear again.

However I love the master and I very much like the much maligned Love Letters From Elvis album.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:The rehearsal version is fun but not a very good performance. The studio outtakes tend to be very hesitant and the timing is off. The master is by far the best version.

He kinda lost the seriousness during the second part of the rehearsal. Though it's very funny to hear, especially ''Memories''.

The song itself is below quality.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:07 pm

My favorite version is the 45 version (b-side to "I'm Leavin").

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:18 pm

This is my favourite version to

Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:19 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:My favorite version is the 45 version (b-side to "I'm Leavin").

I don't have the single (mono) version, but I've always liked "Heart of Rome" much more than "I'm Leavin".

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:48 am

They're all wonderful.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 am

I like the part when the song is over.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:03 am

Exogenesis wrote:I like the part when the song is over.

:D

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 pm

I don't like the song but if I had to choose the master would win.
The `take a p...' rehearsal is a funny line

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 pm

rlj4ep wrote:The master is one of my favoritie Elvis songs. I really like this song. Elvis' voice is super and it is really a different sounding arrangement. IMHO, it is an underappreciated gem by Elvis.

rlj

BINGO! i was going to say the same thing. Even with all the goofing around he does on some lyrics in the funny version of this and "Don't Cry, Daddy (Fatty)", I still love the master versions.

(BTW, I would LOVE to have had his sense of humor! It's amazing how he knew when to make someone laugh at just the right moment...ya know?)

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 am

Any version that has the lines "I'll take a piss in every fountain" and "may the fire of s%&* still burn!" automatically wins. Plus there's the weird "Aaaaahhhhhhhrrrgghhhhhhh!" sound Elvis screams when he realizes the futility of making an effort for this silly composition.