Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Jackie DeShannon To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

Jackie DeShannon, born Sharon Lee Myers in Hazel, Kentucky, will receive the Governor’s Award For Lifetime Achievement at the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum 2013 Induction Ceremony on Friday, April 12 at the Lexington Center Bluegrass Ballroom. Also scheduled to be inducted are The Kentucky Headhunters, Exile, Skeeter Davis,
The Hilltoppers, Old Joe Clark, Emory & Linda Martin and Steven Curtis Chapman.

DeShannon is the voice behind two e1960s anthems—Burt Bacharach & Hal David’s “What The World Needs Now Is Love” and her own “Put A Little Love In Your Heart.” In addition, DeShannon songs have been performed by Brenda Lee, The Byrds, Marianne Faithfull, Al Green, Annie Lennox, The Searchers, Pam Tillis, The Carpenters, Kim Carnes, The Temptations, Rick Nelson, Cher, Van Morrison, Ella Fitzgerald, Dolly Parton, Irma Thomas, Bruce Springsteen and more. She has nearly 40 albums to her credit.

Re: Jackie DeShannon To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award

Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 am

Unfortunately I missed this thread because i rarely check this section.

It's good to see Jackie getting some recognition.

I've always felt Jackie should have had more hits and been a bigger star than she was.

In addition to this honor i think she would be an excellent candidate for the Rock n' roll hall of fame.

Congratulations to Jackie Deshannon.