Off Topic Messages

Google - A Helpful Search Tool ;-)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 am

A recent, worthy topic was torpedoed by the usual suspects, but you may find it on Google --> here.

Other recent complaints about "lost" topics may also be found using this site.

Thanks.

Re: Google - A Helpful Search Tool ;-)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 am

I did wonder what happened to that thread.

Doc, you twice suggested that I was passing judgement without seeing it, but didn't bother to ask whether I had seen it. Truth is, I did check through it, so that was an assumption.

It should be possible for this issue to be discussed in a respectful fashion, but it rarely happens, either here or anywhere else. It's just one of those issues that people tend to feel passionate about on both sides. Not really surprising I guess. I'll just say that being labelled "irksome" or in a "bubble" at the outset of a discussion isn't really going to encourage a good debate is it? There's nothing at all wrong with us disagreeing on this topic or any other. Let's just try to do it nicely, as we do on music topics.

With that out of the way, I'd like to address one point. If these claims are correct, is President Obama also in the "bubble" or is he part of the cover-up? He sure seems sold on the official story.


phpBB [video]



phpBB [video]




He is aware of the claims and not convinced by the claims. I'm trusting his judgement.

Re: Google - A Helpful Search Tool ;-)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 am

TJ wrote:
With that out of the way, I'd like to address one point. If these claims are correct, is President Obama also in the "bubble" or is he part of the cover-up? He sure seems sold on the official story.

He is aware of the claims and not convinced by the claims. I'm trusting his judgement.



I'm anxiously awaiting the dark one's reply. He'll have one for sure, but will it make sense?

I too didn't address the mockumentary because I haven't taken my precious time to view it.
It is well to be informed but there's a balance to what you should feed your brain. It can only
take so much poison.

Re: Google - A Helpful Search Tool ;-)

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:11 pm

TJ wrote:I did wonder what happened to that thread.

Doc, you twice suggested that I was passing judgement without seeing it, but didn't bother to ask whether I had seen it.


Never once did you say, "I watched it." Even after I repeatedly asked that you please do so, and then make comment.


TJ wrote:Truth is, I did check through it, so that was an assumption.


"Check through it"? It appears my assumption was correct. You did not watch it.

---

All I asked was, for those who were interested, please watch and post thoughts. Or, if the subject unappealing, never mind.

You were among those who simply could not do this. Sometimes I suppose I ask impossible things of this forum.

Thanks.

Re: Google - A Helpful Search Tool ;-)

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:I did wonder what happened to that thread.

Doc, you twice suggested that I was passing judgement without seeing it, but didn't bother to ask whether I had seen it.


Never once did you say, "I watched it." Even after I repeatedly asked that you please do so, and then make comment.


Well I only got the chance to make my initial comment and one reply before the thread was pulled.



drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:Truth is, I did check through it, so that was an assumption.


"Check through it"? It appears my assumption was correct. You did not watch it.

---

All I asked was, for those who were interested, please watch and post thoughts. Or, if the subject unappealing, never mind.

You were among those who simply could not do this. Sometimes I suppose I ask impossible things of this forum.

Thanks.


Please note that those who posted positive comments weren't questioned on how much of the movie they saw. Their comments were welcomed. I saw plenty of it and, as noted, watching every second was not a prerequisite for commenting.

It is feeling like you wanted thoughts on the movie, but that only positive thoughts were really welcome. That would be a cheerleading thread, not a discussion thread. You know I do get it. If I genuinely believed what you believe about 9/11 it would drive me crazy that it wasn't a view shared by all. I'd want to shout it from the rooftops.

So, how about a comment on President Obama's dismissal of the 9/11 conspiracy theories and his decision to persist with the pursuit of Bin Laden? If what you believe is true and there really is a cover up, is the President completely in the dark? And if the evidence is so convincing, why does that highly intelligent man not believe it? I know you have great respect for President Obama, so you surely can't believe that he knows?

Re: Google - A Helpful Search Tool ;-)

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:26 am

Obama did not address "conspiracy theories." Bush did. Obama simply stated the obvious: Al Queda (sp?) did it. And there's no real doubt as to that. I think the questions have to do with *complicity.*

Bin Laden's family was allowed air travel when everyone else was grounded. And any attempts to bring him to justice under Dubya were weak, at best. The entire effort shifted to Iraq, and there seemed to be a lack of interest elsewhere. Bush even said as much.

Why? Why did our interest shift so to Iraq? And away from the known perpetrators?

Who are the bin Ladens? What is their power base and with whom do they network?

Asking these questions doesn't invalidate the current President's statement or actions. Considering what followed, why not ask?

Sometimes the questions are more important than the answers.

I have a question, and I know the answer; do you? Here goes:

Whose idea was it to crash airplanes into NYC? Initially?

The answer raises a host of questions.

rjm
ANSWER: The idea was homegrown madness. Columbine killer Eric Harris proposed it on his journals, found after the massacre. It was published in American news outlets prior to 9/11. Perhaps foreign terrorists could have read it. But on the outside chance that Americans assisted Al Queda, well, the idea was an American idea, published in America. Read by Americans.

I have no idea how the architect of 9/11 found out about this sick fantasy, and then executed this atrocity, but he would have found it in American media. It would be interesting to find out. But there was no 9/11 trial. We don't do many trials anymore. Nor appropriate law enforcement investigations. So we cannot know how the fantasy of a deranged American schoolboy was soon carried out by foreign terrorists. Or, perhaps, if those terrorists may possibly *not* have acted alone, but had American complicity. We just do not know, because it was never handled as a law enforcement investigation. Instead, we went to war. And then some more war. So, it may never be solved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2