Off Topic Messages

Taking A Leave Of Absence....

Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm getting out of here for a while...I've caused alot of arguments and fighting around here lately (of my own accord) that I didn't want to start...I might be back...I don't know...I just know I need to get away from all this for a while...

(And, no, I'm not making this thread looking for attention so...don't expect to see a reply)

Re: Taking A Leave Of Absence....

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:13 pm

There's an official "I'm leaving" thread (which nobody reads as nobody cares)

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I'm getting out of here for a while...I've caused alot of arguments and fighting around here lately (of my own accord) that I didn't want to start...I might be back...I don't know...I just know I need to get away from all this for a while...

(And, no, I'm not making this thread looking for attention so...don't expect to see a reply)

Tony Trout, you are a great fan and a good person. Don't be gone long, you are always welcome here.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:There's an official "I'm leaving" thread (which nobody reads as nobody cares)

It's Smart@$$es such as yourself as to the main reason I'm getting out of here for a while....

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I'm getting out of here for a while...I've caused alot of arguments and fighting around here lately (of my own accord) that I didn't want to start...I might be back...I don't know...I just know I need to get away from all this for a while...

drjohncarpenter wrote:Tony Trout, you are a great fan and a good person. Don't be gone long, you are always welcome here.

Thanks, DJC, but a so-called "great fan" like myself doesn't deserve the treatment I've gotten as of late from people like the ones that posted in the most recent thread (except for "Blue River" & "rjm" - I do treasure the friendship that he, she & I share mostly because of our beliefs). For those that use FB, I'll be around there as usual but...that's about it for a while.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Thanks, DJC, but a so-called "great fan" like myself doesn't deserve the treatment I've gotten as of late from people like the ones that posted in the most recent thread (except for "Blue River" & "rjm" - I do treasure the friendship that he, she & I share mostly because of our beliefs). For those that use FB, I'll be around there as usual but...that's about it for a while.

Just put such people on your "Foe" list, and the forum is a much better experience.

User Control Panel - Manage Foes
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes

It works for me! ;-)

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Take care Tony

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:There's an official "I'm leaving" thread (which nobody reads as nobody cares)

It's Smart@$$es such as yourself as to the main reason I'm getting out of here for a while....

How long is a while for you?
You'll be be back within minutes with your drama queen posts.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 pm

There's your first one, Tony Trout. ;-)

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:04 pm

All the best to you, Tony. Hope you sort things out.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Tony,
with all respect, use your "leave of absence" wise....
Focus on some help for certain issues. A counseler might help.
Don't get stuck, work on your issues with your mom, your anger etc.
Good luck to you.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Tony Trout wrote:

drjohncarpenter wrote:Tony Trout, you are a great fan and a good person. Don't be gone long, you are always welcome here.

Thanks, DJC, but a so-called "great fan" like myself doesn't deserve the treatment I've gotten as of late from people like the ones that posted in the most recent thread (except for "Blue River" & "rjm" - I do treasure the friendship that he, she & I share mostly because of our beliefs). For those that use FB, I'll be around there as usual but...that's about it for a while.

Tony, a great deal of time and effort and thought was put into one of those threads and trying to help you. But basically by neither replying to those posts and then having the thread deleted (which I'm assuming is what happened), you were basically sticking two fingers up at those who were trying to help and make you see what the issues really were. At the moment, you're digging yourself a bigger hole by the minute, and a few apologies from yourself rather than blaming others might be a good starting point on your return.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:00 am

Tony, you are a true ,real-life Napoleon Dynamite. Don't let others bother you. Follow what your heart tells you, and keep following that dream ! Best of luck to you.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 am

Good luck Tony.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 am

Take it easy Tony. Not a bad thing to have a breather from this place sometimes.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 am

Tony I wanted to reply in your now deleted thread.
And it's just a suggestion.

You really wanted those books it seems. But I say
when you save the money - go to Graceland instead.
You could probably pay for your trip and hotel cost
with what you would have spent on those books.
Even including an extra night stay somewhere because
of your problems with traveling.

I think you'd enjoy Elvis' home much more than
any book. Take a break and have some fun.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:

Tony, a great deal of time and effort and thought was put into one of those threads and trying to help you. But basically by neither replying to those posts and then having the thread deleted (which I'm assuming is what happened), you were basically sticking two fingers up at those who were trying to help and make you see what the issues really were. At the moment, you're digging yourself a bigger hole by the minute, and a few apologies from yourself rather than blaming others might be a good starting point on your return.

With all due respect, pmp, when someone is feeling trapped and alone, PLEASE don't ask them to apologize! You have problems, I have problems, Tony has problems. They are DIFFERENT problems!

First of all, you are accusing him of deleting his thread. Not only do you not know that, but I believe you to be wrong regarding that. I know he could have come back to deny it, but maybe he feels, as he said above, like people don't like him. If you feel that, you feel all alone. Cool it, please. I know you mean well. He's doing the best he can right now. This is not about a book: it's about a really difficult situation. He needs some good friends, and to be able to trust them, even when they're not in a good mood, or even if they don't even think you like them! Even if you do. A good friend can punch you in frustration, and that has little to do with you, and if you're their friend, well -- it doesn't matter. "Tough Love" is B S. and always was. It's psychobabble. And is very popular. And dangerous.

All we can be for anyone else here is to be here as a friend. We just don't know enough to offer advice, or to be offended when someone reaches out for an ear. A friendly ear.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:12 am

rjm wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:[i]I'm getting out of here for a while...I've caused alot of arguments and fighting around here lately (of my own accord) that I didn't want to start...I might be back...I don't know...I just know I need to get away from all this for a while...

quote]

With all due respect, pmp, when someone is feeling trapped and alone, PLEASE don't ask them to apologize! You have problems, I have problems, Tony has problems. They are DIFFERENT problems!

First of all, you are accusing him of deleting his thread. Not only do you not know that, but I believe you to be wrong regarding that. I know he could have come back to deny it, but maybe he feels, as he said above, like people don't like him. If you feel that, you feel all alone. Cool it, please. I know you mean well. He's doing the best he can right now. This is not about a book: it's about a really difficult situation. He needs some good friends, and to be able to trust them, even when they're not in a good mood, or even if they don't even think you like them! Even if you do. A good friend can punch you in frustration, and that has little to do with you, and if you're their friend, well -- it doesn't matter. "Tough Love" is B S. and always was. It's psychobabble. And is very popular. And dangerous.

All we can be for anyone else here is to be here as a friend. We just don't know enough to offer advice, or to be offended when someone reaches out for an ear. A friendly ear.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately there are a lot of keyboard warriors here lately.they just need adding to the FOE list and FECC is a better place without reading their typed drivel

Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:18 am

8)
Last edited by ian on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:05 am

Tony,

I'm sorry to see you go. But, I understand the need for a break from this forum from time to time. Heck, I took a hiatus from Elvis for almost 10 years. Hopefully, I never will take such a hiatus again. I've rediscovered a lot of what makes Elvis as an artist amazing. I was once where you were - unable to pay for everything that came out at the time. But, in spite of my own disability (deaf in my left ear, moderate to severe hearing loss in my right since I was 3) I've been able to flourish in a career (I now speak at conferences internationally) that allows me to pay for just about everything I have ever wanted - including those Elvis releases. And, my car is almost paid off. In fact, I have at least 5 recent Elvis releases on their way to me as we speak (errr...type...). And, I can also help my family financially when they need it (I bought lunch for everyone this past weekend, for example). I was also able to help pay for my mom and I to go to Graceland during Elvis week last year - I saved for and paid for the entire hotel stay for both of us.

I don't say this to brag - in fact, I want to help show that something like this is possible.

I know we all have problems - and all of us deal with them in different ways. I hope that you find resolution for every one of them - eventually getting the books you want and getting to go to Graceland. If it means foregoing the books so you can save the money to go to Graceland, I highly recommend doing so. It's truly an amazing place to visit and you will never regret the trip.

Keep fighting the good fight, Tony - and try not to stay away for too long.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:37 pm

BrianTCB wrote:Tony,

I'm sorry to see you go. But, I understand the need for a break from this forum from time to time. Heck, I took a hiatus from Elvis for almost 10 years. Hopefully, I never will take such a hiatus again. I've rediscovered a lot of what makes Elvis as an artist amazing. I was once where you were - unable to pay for everything that came out at the time. But, in spite of my own disability (deaf in my left ear, moderate to severe hearing loss in my right since I was 3) I've been able to flourish in a career (I now speak at conferences internationally) that allows me to pay for just about everything I have ever wanted - including those Elvis releases. And, my car is almost paid off. In fact, I have at least 5 recent Elvis releases on their way to me as we speak (errr...type...). And, I can also help my family financially when they need it (I bought lunch for everyone this past weekend, for example). I was also able to help pay for my mom and I to go to Graceland during Elvis week last year - I saved for and paid for the entire hotel stay for both of us.

I don't say this to brag - in fact, I want to help show that something like this is possible.

I know we all have problems - and all of us deal with them in different ways. I hope that you find resolution for every one of them - eventually getting the books you want and getting to go to Graceland. If it means foregoing the books so you can save the money to go to Graceland, I highly recommend doing so. It's truly an amazing place to visit and you will never regret the trip.

Keep fighting the good fight, Tony - and try not to stay away for too long.

Great post, Brian. I'm sad to learn about your hearing. I guess you can't hear stereo.

But. Beethoven was completely deaf. Music is amazing that way. Thanks for sharing.

rjm

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 pm

You know what? I am so over it! I, too, am taking a leave of absence from this forum! All of you jackmunches can kiss it. Do not try to stop me!!

I'm out of here for at least two hours and I'll not be back one minute early!

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Rob wrote:You know what? I am so over it! I, too, am taking a leave of absence from this forum! All of you jackmunches can kiss it. Do not try to stop me!!

Hurry back Rob

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Are jackmunches a new sandwich at Jack in the Box :?: :smt031

Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:46 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Rob wrote:You know what? I am so over it! I, too, am taking a leave of absence from this forum! All of you jackmunches can kiss it. Do not try to stop me!!

Hurry back Rob

He's probably just gone to Jack in the Box to scarf down some jackmunches, everything will be alright, as long as he washes them down with a cold drink! :smt030