Off Topic Messages

C.C.R at Woodstock

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:35 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

After viewing this, I find myself asking Why oh why was CCR not actually included on the original edit of the movie?!

Re: C.C.R at Woodstock

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 am

Good question as they never sounded better.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:11 am

Their set was not included in the Woodstock film or its original soundtrack because John Fogerty felt the band's performance was subpar because they had to take the stage at three in the morning because the Grateful Dead had jammed so far past their scheduled set time that by the time Creedence began playing, many in the audience had gone to sleep.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks. Subpar ?! ? Certainly did not sound like it to me on those two songs I found. You are right about John being pissed off with the (otherwise below average) Grateful Dead.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 am

Robt wrote:Thanks. Subpar ?! ? Certainly did not sound like it to me on those two songs I found. You are right about John being pissed off with the (otherwise below average) Grateful Dead.

I enjoyed both songs too, but you know what a perfectionist john is !!!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:45 am

Thanks for the clips! Great performances, sounds even like the studio recordings!!

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:02 pm

THIS IS BLOODY AWESOME !!!! Hey I Can't believe I did not include Chooglin' on my topic when first posted. I could kick my arrrrse over such an oversight :D

phpBB [video]

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm

Love this band :)
Thanks for posting those great performances