Off Topic Messages

How f**ked up is this.........?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:39 pm

okay, so first there was Elvis Presley. Then there were Elvis wannabes like Orion. Well, as I'm surfing the web on a daily basis, i have found that there are Orion impersonators as well :wtf:
So, whats next?
Do we get guys who impersonate Orion and then we have guys who impersonate the Orion impersonators? Where does it end :?:
Also, what is up with fan clubs for Elvis impersonators? I don't understand that whole scene either. Why worship someone who can't sing and goes through their life faking being someone else? They don't need a fan club, they need a psychiatrist!
Just venting some frustration / anger here.
Any thoughts on this subject?

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:15 pm

elvisbot wrote:How f**ked up is this.........?

That is mother f**king totally f**ked up! Those sorry f**kers!

F**k them!

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Rob wrote:
elvisbot wrote:How f**ked up is this.........?

That is mother f**king totally f**ked up! Those sorry f**kers!

F**k them!


OHHHHHHHH !
So i take it that you are a card carrying member of the Orion fan club for life LOL
C'mon Rob, tell us how you really feel about this subject.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:49 pm

I wonder who this clown is impersonating?! :shock:

phpBB [video]

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

The problem is that the real Elvis is dead but people still want to get in touch with him, so they settle for talking to people around Elvis, even though Elvis kicked them out of his life, and listening to impersonators a.k.a. tribute artists. They even go to a video show of Elvis where the musicians, now as old men, play live on stage thinking they see an Elvis concert!

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:08 am

Blue River wrote:I wonder who this clown is impersonating?! :shock:

phpBB [video]




LOL...I watched that all the way through !!! His Heart just isn't in it, is it ? look at those blokes at the side/infront of the stage though, WTF were they doing ? :D

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:38 am

elvisbot wrote:okay, so first there was Elvis Presley. Then there were Elvis wannabes like Orion. Well, as I'm surfing the web on a daily basis, i have found that there are Orion impersonators as well :wtf:
So, whats next?
Do we get guys who impersonate Orion and then we have guys who impersonate the Orion impersonators? Where does it end :?:
Also, what is up with fan clubs for Elvis impersonators? I don't understand that whole scene either. Why worship someone who can't sing and goes through their life faking being someone else? They don't need a fan club, they need a psychiatrist!
Just venting some frustration / anger here.
Any thoughts on this subject?


What in thee name of Joe Guercio hell are you talking about?

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am

Rob wrote:
elvisbot wrote:How f**ked up is this.........?

That is mother f**king totally f**ked up! Those sorry f**kers!

F**k them!


:wtf:

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:11 pm

You all are in a worse mood than me today! (Or, well, "yesterday." It's 2:10 AM)

I feel better! LOL!

rjm

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Dan_T wrote:
Blue River wrote:I wonder who this clown is impersonating?! :shock:

phpBB [video]




LOL...I watched that all the way through !!! His Heart just isn't in it, is it ? look at those blokes at the side/infront of the stage though, WTF were they doing ? :D

look for him murdering "Why cant everyday be like Christmas"

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Blue River wrote:I wonder who this clown is impersonating?! :shock:

phpBB [video]



obviously, he's impersonating the Pillsbury doughboy......DUH ! :smt005

Re: Just more false idol worship

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 am

I'm of mixed emotions of some of the better impersonators. It's all false idol worship if you ask me. They took one false idol, Elvis, and then took his pieces melted them down to create even more false idols.

That being said, I'd probably so see Doug Church one time for laughs.

Doug (Not a) Church:
phpBB [video]



Kermit the Frog:
phpBB [video]



The dude that watched Elvis In Concert 1,000,000 times:
phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]



The Spanish/Latino Elvis Chick:
phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]



Uncle Joe, the truck mechanic:
phpBB [video]



Fat John Stamos:
phpBB [video]

Re: Just more false idol worship

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 am

fg76 wrote:...They took one false idol, Elvis, and then took his pieces melted them down to create even more false idols. ...


Actually, he was real.................

Re: Elvis Idols

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm

ColinB wrote:
fg76 wrote:...They took one false idol, Elvis, and then took his pieces melted them down to create even more false idols. ...


Actually, he was real.................


In the flesh, maybe he was real - but he was worshipped like he was the golden calf, or Baal. He was, sadly, a false idol for millions of people. I was one of them too, and I still am a fan to a small extent. By the time he died, you could have added wires and used soundboards and would could have sold tickets. Just look at the chicks catching scarves at Omaha, and tell me he wasn't a false idol.

For the wages of sin is death. His sins finally caught up with him, and sadly he knew the truth in his heart and he rejected or chose to ignore it.
Last edited by fg76 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:20 pm

fg76 wrote:...For the wages of sin is death.
His sins finally caught up with him, and sadly he knew the truth in his heart and he rejected or chose to ignore it.


Are you seriously suggesting that, if Elvis [or anyone for that matter] lives a sin-free life they will be immortal ?

Please quote some examples....................... I'll save you the trouble - there aren't any !

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 pm

fg76 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
fg76 wrote:...They took one false idol, Elvis, and then took his pieces melted them down to create even more false idols. ...


Actually, he was real.................


In the flesh, maybe he was real - but he was worshipped like he was the golden calf, or Baal. He was, sadly, a false idol for millions of people. I was one of them too, and I still am a fan to a small extent. By the time he died, you could have added wires and used soundboards and would could have sold tickets. Just look at the chicks catching scarves at Omaha, and tell me he wasn't a false idol.

For the wages of sin is death. His sins finally caught up with him, and sadly he knew the truth in his heart and he rejected or chose to ignore it.


How long are you mentally ill now? Ever talked about it with a shrink?

Re: Evidence

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:22 pm

ColinB wrote:Are you seriously suggesting that, if Elvis [or anyone for that matter] lives a sin-free life they will be immortal ?


Nobody can directly live a sin free life. One can choose to repent to God through the saving atonement of Jesus Christ. If you read every book in the Bible, the all speak of Christ and of the resurrection. God is God of the living, not of the dead. We all fall short of the glory of God and we as fallen human beings do sin. None of us is righteous, no not one. Even if it turned out Christianity wasn't real, then I can only quote Blasse Pasqual -- all I missed out on were fleeting pleasures that were not going to benefit my life in the first place. However, if the Bible is the inherent Word of God - then all unbelievers will be doomed for hell and pain and suffering in the blackness of all eternity.

All we can do is repent of our sins, and have reasonable faith. We live by faith, not by sight, but we can obtain a reasonable faith proven by evidence in the Bible, and even historical evidence outside of the Bible.

Please quote some examples.......................


Actually, I can quote a few.

John 11: 1-46: The rising of Lazarus

The Death of Lazarus: Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 2 It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. 3 Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, “Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick.” 4 When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.” 5 Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6 So, when He heard that he was sick, He stayed two more days in the place where He was. 7 Then after this He said to the disciples, “Let us go to Judea again.” 8 The disciples said to Him, “Rabbi, lately the Jews sought to stone You, and are You going there again?” 9 Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light of this world. 10 But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light is not in him.” 11 These things He said, and after that He said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” 12 Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” 13 However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly, “Lazarus is dead. 15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, that you may believe. Nevertheless let us go to him.” 16 Then Thomas, who is called the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, “Let us also go, that we may die with Him.”

I Am the Resurrection and the Life: 17 So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days. 18 Now Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles[a] away. 19 And many of the Jews had joined the women around Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother. 20 Now Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house. 21 Now Martha said to Jesus, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You.” 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” 24 Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.” 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

Jesus and Death, the Last Enemy: 28 And when she had said these things, she went her way and secretly called Mary her sister, saying, “The Teacher has come and is calling for you.” 29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly and came to Him. 30 Now Jesus had not yet come into the town, but was[b] in the place where Martha met Him. 31 Then the Jews who were with her in the house, and comforting her, when they saw that Mary rose up quickly and went out, followed her, saying, “She is going to the tomb to weep there.”[c] 32 Then, when Mary came where Jesus was, and saw Him, she fell down at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.” 33 Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled. 34 And He said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to Him, “Lord, come and see.” 35 Jesus wept. 36 Then the Jews said, “See how He loved him!” 37 And some of them said, “Could not this Man, who opened the eyes of the blind, also have kept this man from dying?”

Lazarus Raised from the Dead: 38 Then Jesus, again groaning in Himself, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. 39 Jesus said, “Take away the stone.” Martha, the sister of him who was dead, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there is a stench, for he has been dead four days.” 40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?” 41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead man was lying.[d] And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. 42 And I know that You always hear Me, but because of the people who are standing by I said this, that they may believe that You sent Me.” 43 Now when He had said these things, He cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” 44 And he who had died came out bound hand and foot with graveclothes, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Loose him, and let him go.”

Luke 8: 40-56, Matthew 9: 18-26, Mark 5: 21-43 - Jarius' daughter raised to life.

Luke 8: 40-56:

A Girl Restored to Life and a Woman Healed: 40 So it was, when Jesus returned, that the multitude welcomed Him, for they were all waiting for Him. 41 And behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue. And he fell down at Jesus’ feet and begged Him to come to his house, 42 for he had an only daughter about twelve years of age, and she was dying. But as He went, the multitudes thronged Him. 43 Now a woman, having a flow of blood for twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians and could not be healed by any, 44 came from behind and touched the border of His garment. And immediately her flow of blood stopped. 45 And Jesus said, “Who touched Me?” When all denied it, Peter and those with him[f] said, “Master, the multitudes throng and press You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’”[g] 46 But Jesus said, “Somebody touched Me, for I perceived power going out from Me.” 47 Now when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before Him, she declared to Him in the presence of all the people the reason she had touched Him and how she was healed immediately. 48 And He said to her, “Daughter, be of good cheer;[h] your faith has made you well. Go in peace.” 49 While He was still speaking, someone came from the ruler of the synagogue’s house, saying to him, “Your daughter is dead. Do not trouble the Teacher.”[i] 50 But when Jesus heard it, He answered him, saying, “Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well.” 51 When He came into the house, He permitted no one to go in[j] except Peter, James, and John,[k] and the father and mother of the girl. 52 Now all wept and mourned for her; but He said, “Do not weep; she is not dead, but sleeping.” 53 And they ridiculed Him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But He put them all outside,[l] took her by the hand and called, saying, “Little girl, arise.” 55 Then her spirit returned, and she arose immediately. And He commanded that she be given something to eat. 56 And her parents were astonished, but He charged them to tell no one what had happened.

Luke 7: 11-17 - The raising of the son of the widow of Nain

Jesus Raises the Son of the Widow of Nain: 11 Now it happened, the day after, that He went into a city called Nain; and many of His disciples went with Him, and a large crowd. 12 And when He came near the gate of the city, behold, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother; and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the city was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, He had compassion on her and said to her, “Do not weep.” 14 Then He came and touched the open coffin, and those who carried him stood still. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise.” 15 So he who was dead sat up and began to speak. And He presented him to his mother. 16 Then fear came upon all, and they glorified God, saying, “A great prophet has risen up among us”; and, “God has visited His people.” 17 And this report about Him went throughout all Judea and all the surrounding region.

There is one more, the ultimate one and the major reason of what we cling to. The Resurrection of Jesus. I will cite Biblical and Historical sources of the event. *I have to do it this afternoon because I'm meeting a friend at 11:30.
Last edited by fg76 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 pm

This thread just made me barf out cookies from last week. I'm now 10 pounds lighter. Thanks guys. :roll:

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Dear FG76,
In case you weren't informed, all the Cardinals now sequestered in the Vatican, have taken a vow of secrecy. In other words, you are NOT allowed to speak to anyone in the outside world.
I do say "thank you" for the Bible quotes.
Now, i feel holier than thou.
Sincerely,
Elvisbot

P.S. During your time locked away in the Vatican, could you have some of the other cardinals suggest an Elvis all gospel fantasy setlist? I would sure like to know what kind of setlist they can conjure up in the shower.

Thanks!

Re:

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 pm

elvisbot wrote:In case you weren't informed, all the Cardinals now sequestered in the Vatican, have taken a vow of secrecy. In other words, you are NOT allowed to speak to anyone in the outside world.


Respectfully, not all believers are Roman Catholic. It is always possible one of the Cardinals may be one of Satan's followers.

I am a Follower of Christ first. A Christian second. A Baptist third. A diplomat fourth. I have respect for believers of the Roman Catholic faith, but not all of them truly know God. In fact, many who claim to know Him - do not know Him (Includes Baptists, Protestants, etc..) I only pray, and repent that I am truly one of the children of the promise. But I feel if you believe in the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead - you will be saved. It's a heart condition, not one of the mind.

Re: Re:

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:26 pm

fg76 wrote:
elvisbot wrote:In case you weren't informed, all the Cardinals now sequestered in the Vatican, have taken a vow of secrecy. In other words, you are NOT allowed to speak to anyone in the outside world.


Respectfully, not all believers are Roman Catholic. It is always possible one of the Cardinals may be one of Satan's followers.

I am a Follower of Christ first. A Christian second. A Baptist third. A diplomat fourth. I have respect for believers of the Roman Catholic faith, but not all of them truly know God. In fact, many who claim to know Him - do not know Him (Includes Baptists, Protestants, etc..) I only pray, and repent that I am truly one of the children of the promise. But I feel if you believe in the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead - you will be saved. It's a heart condition, not one of the mind.



Sounds like Jim Jones sh*t to me.......bring out the cool aid ............

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:27 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:This thread just made me barf out cookies from last week. I'm now 10 pounds lighter. Thanks guys. :roll:


same here......why did this thread turn into a religous crusade ???

Re: Re:

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
fg76 wrote:
elvisbot wrote:In case you weren't informed, all the Cardinals now sequestered in the Vatican, have taken a vow of secrecy. In other words, you are NOT allowed to speak to anyone in the outside world.


Respectfully, not all believers are Roman Catholic. It is always possible one of the Cardinals may be one of Satan's followers.

I am a Follower of Christ first. A Christian second. A Baptist third. A diplomat fourth. I have respect for believers of the Roman Catholic faith, but not all of them truly know God. In fact, many who claim to know Him - do not know Him (Includes Baptists, Protestants, etc..) I only pray, and repent that I am truly one of the children of the promise. But I feel if you believe in the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead - you will be saved. It's a heart condition, not one of the mind.



Sounds like Jim Jones sh*t to me.......bring out the cool aid ............



....and mix mine with warfarin instead of cyanide. Cyanide tastes too bitter.

Re: How f**ked up is this.........?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Sun Hero wrote:why did this thread turn into a religous crusade ???

It's a mental thing.

Re: Re:

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Sun Hero wrote:
Sounds like Jim Jones sh*t to me.......bring out the cool aid ............


No. It's more of a Roger Williams thing - where we know the Word is foolishness for those who are perishing, but when it is rejected - we don't force it upon them. We can only preach the word of God, if it is rejected then we pray for the people and move on. Jim Jones was never a Christian, and his cult was a disgrace. I can understand people wanted to compare me to Jim Jones - because when I was lost - I thought the same thing. I thought all Christians were evil, and then I heard the voice of Jesus by the way of the Holy Spirit that gave me hope that the words were indeed true. If one rejects God, then as Jesus does say in Matthew 9 -- its like the blind leading the blind. It's time to move on and leave them alone. At the same time, however, we still go out to make disciples in every nation. We're all God's children, but only a few will ever truly accept. Jim Jones wasn't about serving God, he was serving himself - for he thought he was God.