Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: My new website

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am

bripet56 wrote:Thanks Doc for the corrections on my website.
Good to have your ever-watching keen eye on my website.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk (new updated website)

It is a pleasure helping make a great site even greater!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 am

bripet56 wrote:Just yesterday I added my first page from the 70s, this one from the April 1972 tour.

Enjoy

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Buffalo! The '70s concert I most want to see on DVD.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

The Arrival :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 pm

steevefry wrote:The Arrival :

steevefry, your screenshots are off.

Here's a better view:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks steevefry and Doc.
I considered using some of those frames for my website about Buffalo but decided against it until further.

I´ll explain over in "Now the stage is low" thread
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35910&start=150

Sincerely
Brian

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 am

Just updated my website with the first page from 1960.
Take a look and come back later today for another update.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Cool update Brian. I always loved that shot of Ellis. Do you think the blonde is Bonnie Underwood?
One thing I noticed about your site, and it may be intended by design, but every link seems to open a new window instead of replacing the current one. Is that what you wanted?

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:41 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Cool update Brian. I always loved that shot of Ellis. Do you think the blonde is Bonnie Underwood?
One thing I noticed about your site, and it may be intended by design, but every link seems to open a new window instead of replacing the current one. Is that what you wanted?

Thanks James, yes I believe that´s Bonnie in the lower left photo but I am not 100% sure.

Yes, I kind of intended for the pages to open up in another window but I don´t know if it what fans prefer.
I would love to hear what you guys (and gals) out there think.
Should I let it be as it is or should I let the pages replace each other?
I haven´t done too many pages yet so there is still time to redo them.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 pm

bripet56 wrote:Thanks James, yes I believe that´s Bonnie in the lower left photo but I am not 100% sure.

Yes, I kind of intended for the pages to open up in another window but I don´t know if it what fans prefer.
I would love to hear what you guys (and gals) out there think.
Should I let it be as it is or should I let the pages replace each other?
I haven´t done too many pages yet so there is still time to redo them.

I used to feel the blonde was not Bonnie Underwood, but now I'm not so certain.

570415_Bonnie Underwood_Memphis.JPG
580324_Bonnie Underwood_Memphis.JPG
600310_at Holiday on Ice_Memphis.JPG

It's too bad we don't have one more photo from the evening.

And I vote for keeping things to a single window.

Thank you, Brian.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 am

I'm also a fan of the the single window for like pages on the same site. Otherwise it can get cluttered quickly and then there's more to close. That's just personal preference.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 am

I have now updated my website so the pages opens up in the same window.

Also just added a new page from 1962.
Now it´s time to hit the bed, it´s 1:25 a.m. on March 1 here in Sweden.

Enjoy the website

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 am

"Enroute"!

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:"Enroute"!

I´ve always used that word in my Elvis itinerary but I had to look it up now that you questioned my choise of word :lol:

I came up with this:

En route - (two words) is a French phrase which means "on the way" or "along the way".

Enroute - (one word) In aviation, an En-route chart or Enroute chart is an aeronautical chart that guides pilots flying under instrument.

Working as an Air Traffic Controllers Assistant, as I do, I used the spelling I have known for more than 30 years now. Man, I´m getting old :lol:

I´ll change the spelling so it´ll be correct.
Thanks Doc.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:35 am

En route or enroute - no matter for me, just keep up your good work. I come back to your site daily and some days i found new surprises, so really no matter one word.
Thank you for all your work, i can't wait the day when your site will be full of informations about every year-day. :smt006

Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:22 am

bripet56 wrote:

I´ve always used that word in my Elvis itinerary but I had to look it up now that you questioned my choise of word :lol:

I came up with this:

En route - (two words) is a French phrase which means "on the way" or "along the way".

Enroute - (one word) In aviation, an En-route chart or Enroute chart is an aeronautical chart that guides pilots flying under instrument.

Working as an Air Traffic Controllers Assistant, as I do, I used the spelling I have known for more than 30 years now. Man, I´m getting old :lol:

Thanks Doc.

My post was not meant to correct, only acknowledge that I checked out the new page update. The presentation is fine, really.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:

I came up with this:

Thanks Doc.

My post was not meant to correct, only acknowledge that I checked out the new page update. The presentation is fine, really.

:lol: Man, here I thought you were questioning my spelling or use of words.

Thanks Doc, you know I appreciate your ever watchfull eye and I don´t mind getting corrections or suggestions from you guys out there.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Brian, I've got a suggestion for you, but I'm going to message you about it first.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:55 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Brian, I've got a suggestion for you, but I'm going to message you about it first.

Thanks for your suggestion James, I´ll certainly take it up for consideration.

Meanwhile I just uploaded a page from 1968. Sorry about the abd quality of the photo but it´s the only one I have.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Great article, thank you very much! And the photo is ok, very valuable, i'm interesed in importance first, then in quality.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

hilton22000 wrote:Great article, thank you very much! And the photo is ok, very valuable, i'm interesed in importance first, then in quality.

Glad you liked it.
I think I have seen the photo somewhere else in better quality but I can´t seem to find it.
Well, maybe it´ll turn up when I look for something totally different and then I´ll replace it.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:55 am

Just put up two articles from Chicago 1961 which I hope you will like although the photos are not the best quality.

Enjoy.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 pm

bripet56 wrote:Just put up two articles from Chicago 1961 which I hope you will like although the photos are not the best quality.

Enjoy.

Those were kind of sweet articles, just a moment in time for Elvis, but a lasting memory for all those who met him.

His typical public graciousness and humility are well in evidence, and yet another aspect of his career that I never fail to appreciate. So many stars, then and now, act nothing like this.

Thank you for the update!

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:32 am

Thanks Doc, I´m glad you liked the articles. I bet it was a major thrill for those who met Elvis at such occasions.

I just made another update. This time from April 1973.
More to come.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:36 am

bripet56 wrote:Just put up two articles from Chicago 1961 which I hope you will like although the photos are not the best quality.

Enjoy.

Sincerely
Brian

Hey Brian, can't seem to get the articles for some reason.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:44 am

Joe Car wrote:Hey Brian, can't seem to get the articles for some reason.

They are on the March 18, 1961 page:
http://brian56.dk/60s/1961/6103/610318.html