Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis and Elizabeth Montgomery

Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

My wife, who is also an Elvis fan, is reading a new biography of Elizabeth Montgomery. As everyone here probably knows, Montgomery was married to Gig Young, one of Elvis' co-stars in Kid Galahad. The book says that Elizabeth Mongomery was a frequent visitor to the Kid Galahad set. Has anyone seen any pictures of Elvis with Elizabeth Montgomery?

Re: Elvis and Elizabeth Montgomery

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

No.

But i hope one turns up someday.

I always liked Elizabeth Montgomery a very underrated actress.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 am

Rtn 2 Sndr wrote:My wife, who is also an Elvis fan, is reading a new biography of Elizabeth Montgomery. As everyone here probably knows, Montgomery was married to Gig Young, one of Elvis' co-stars in Kid Galahad. The book says that Elizabeth Mongomery was a frequent visitor to the Kid Galahad set. Has anyone seen any pictures of Elvis with Elizabeth Montgomery?

None have appeared to date, which is unfortunate. Elizabeth Montgomery was a beautiful and talented actress.

According to that biography your wife is reading, her presence on the set of "Kid Galahad" caused her husband undue jealousy over she and Elvis chatting. Then-husband Gig Young did not believe her when she told him that talking was all to the relationship.

121105_Twitch_Pilato_cover.JPG
121105_Twitch_Pilato_p126.JPG
121105_Twitch_Pilato_p127.JPG
Herbie Pilato, Twitch Upon a Star: The Bewitched Life and Career of Elizabeth Montgomery (New York: Rowman & Littlefield, Nov 5, 2012)

This is what Elizabeth looked like at the time. She was about 28 year old.

601004_One Step Beyond_Montgomery_01.JPG
601004_One Step Beyond_Montgomery_02.JPG
With co-star Joe Cronin, "The Death Waltz" (ABC-TV, Alcoa Presents: One Step Beyond - Tuesday October 4, 1960)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0507815/
Alcoa Presents: One Step Beyond was an anthology series that ran for three seasons on ABC, from January 1959 to July 1961. "The Death Waltz" was the first summer rerun episode after the show was cancelled, airing on Tuesday, July 9, 1961.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:42 am

Doc, my wife has finished the book and recommends it highly. "Bewitched" is one of her favorite classic TV shows.

Thanks to you and Brian for your responses. Your expertise is respected and appreciated.