Off Topic Messages

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 am

elvis-fan wrote:OK couple of questions...
1) Why wouldn't any single man play the field?


Playing the field is mostly about sex, nothing else and everybody in this culture knows it.

2) What's wrong with online pornography? If God didn't want us to see it, he wouldn't have put it there... :wink:


Very funny. People created false idols all the time to reject God. Porno is just another false idol. For they worship Him and praise Him, but their hearts were far from Him.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 am

fg76 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:Tony. Don't go play the field. That's the sinner's way.


You mean, like what Elvis Presley did from 1954 to 1977?


Actually, yes. Dating is okay, but Elvis turned it into a past-time and at a certain point it become more than dating. Culture demands it nowadays for people to just shack up, get divorced, etc.. ...


What "culture"? Yours?

Mine has a hopeful expectation of courtship and marriage. We don't go from "shacking up" to "divorce."

Maybe you should consider a culture change. It might pay dividends!

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:Tony. Don't go play the field. That's the sinner's way.


You mean, like what Elvis Presley did from 1954 to 1977?


Actually, yes. Dating is okay, but Elvis turned it into a past-time and at a certain point it become more than dating. Culture demands it nowadays for people to just shack up, get divorced, etc.. ...


What "culture"? Yours?

Mine has a hopeful expectation of courtship and marriage. We don't go from "shacking up" to "divorce."

Maybe you should consider a culture change. It might pay dividends!

Maybe he should just go for prostitutes Doc, I think that's the culture he means.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 am

fg76 wrote:People created false idols all the time to reject God. Porno is just another false idol. For they worship Him and praise Him, but their hearts were far from Him.


That "god" of yours... Now, there's a false idol.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
What "culture"? Yours?

Mine has a hopeful expectation of courtship and marriage. We don't go from "shacking up" to "divorce."

Maybe you should consider a culture change. It might pay dividends!


American Culture welcomes divorce, and sex out of marriage. It endorses cheating. Read the tabloids of all the Hollywood Stars, Doc. From the Kardashians to people on the Bachelor TV show. The Bible tells us clearly that man and woman should be of one flesh, one marriage and people cheat, get divorced all the time in our culture. Americans have this sense of entitlement. They aren't willing to accept what God has given them, so they have created the lie that their isn't a God. They will make any excuse to continue to live in their sins.

People have the choice to live the life they want to live, but they really should check their hearts and realize that there is no satisfactions to that type of life. They should turn their hearts back to God, who loved the world so much that He sent His son to die on a cross for our sins. Respectfully, I know I will be seen as a fool for the gospel is foolishness for anybody who is perishing.

Doc (and to the skeptic FVH), where do you think morality and moral values come from? Do you believe there was a start to the universe? If so, who or what started it? As Dr. William Lane Craig says - we know there is a universe. We know it is existing. It is common logic to note that something had to create it.
Last edited by fg76 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 am

Septic? Because I don't believe what you believe?
Wow.
You're even crazier than I thought...

The bible "tells" us nothing, apart from a bunch of ancient made-up stories fabricated by a few powerful to control the not so bright masses.
Pay respect to your intelligence, and burn it instead of paying so much attention to the BS within the pages.

If people want to have a divorce, it's up to them.
It's obvious from statistics that man wasn't supposed to be with only one person, so why work against nature?
To make a promise that you'll love an individual forever is wrong.
What if you stop loving them...? What do you do then...? How can you promise something that you are totally unable to control...?
It's easy to know that you love someone today. In 2029 it might be a different story.
Last edited by FVH on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 am

How about just live, and let live? Some people really do stay in love with the same person for life (and it's mutual). And it's not just for religious reasons, but because of the way they feel.

Some do not.

If relationships, like people, were all the same, it'd be a dull world.

I don't see the point of arguing something like this. People are different, as are their views.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Hang in there, Tony. As others have said, we've all been there. Breakups hurt like hell, and time is the only thing that truly heals you. Don't force the issue. It happens in its own time. Eight months is really not a long period time when you're getting beyond someone you've loved.

I have been divorced twice from women who cheated. Gut-wrenching, but you move on a day at a time. I married a third time 2 years ago and we're happier than ever. I'm even on fine terms with both ex's, which I think drives 'em a little crazy that I actually moved on without them!

Moral is.......let it happen, but be yourself!! :D

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks....now can we PLEASE let this thread DIE a quick death?

Thank you...that is all...

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 am

FVH wrote:Septic? Because I don't believe what you believe?
Wow.
You're even crazier than I thought...


I meant skeptic. A skeptic is somebody who refuses to believe in the inherent word of God. I used to be like you. I want to live for myself, and I was miserable for it. When I started living for the Lord Jesus Christ, my life got better.

The bible "tells" us nothing, apart from a bunch of ancient made-up stories fabricated by a few powerful to control the not so bright masses.


The Bible has been proven to be legit history. Evidence of Christ's crucifixion has been verified by Roman historians, and the Jewish Historian Josephus. Unlike Mormonism, we have evidence these people existed and lived their lives. We know Jesus exited as well. Many skeptics, such as Bart Erhman don't consider He was God - but they admit he existed. Therefore, not all of the Bible is BS - in spite of what you think, sir.

If people want to have a divorce, it's up to them.


Why? But what grounds do you say that? Just because you can do something, doesn't mean it's right. I can play with myself if I want to, but we all know its unnatural and sinful.

It's obvious from statistics that man wasn't supposed to be with only one person, so why work against nature?


Is that because people who supported Darwin said so? Genesis 3 tells us of Satan telling Even that she could be as God - she could be superior to God and she and Adam fell for the lie. And we have been paying for it ever since. But someday all will be restored, because Christ died for our sins. If you don't wish to accept that, that is your choice. Like you said, we are free to make choices. God loves you, but he wants your free choice and if you are unwilling to give it - then you will suffer a fate worse than death. You will feel pain and suffering and regret that will never end.

To make a promise that you'll love an individual forever is wrong. What if you stop loving them...? What do you do then...? How can you promise something that you are totally unable to control...?


If you stop loving them, then you are doing your own personal wishes and not what God had planned for you. If you go against God, that is why you want to sin. Love the girl you choose, don't choose the girl you love. The world would be a better place. I'd be content to have God give me that one special woman, and I would be able to love her forever. Maybe we wouldn't burn for passion and lust for each other, but we would love each other as a family. True family agape love. True love of Christ.

rjm wrote:How about just live, and let live? Some people really do stay in love with the same person for life (and it's mutual). And it's not just for religious reasons, but because of the way they feel.


True Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Much different than fake religions. Religion is about working your way to heaven. Christianity is accepting God's grace, because without His grace - we are all bound for hell. We are only alive because God allows us to live. And praise God He allows us to live, and praise God for He reigns forever.
Last edited by fg76 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm glad you meant to write skeptic, as septic has a somewhat different meaning.

Your post is so brimful of delusions, that it's hard to know where to start.

Firstly, do you actually know how many times that bible has gone through edits and changes...?
Joseph Smith even added stuff on "god's behalf" himself, for example.
And do you know how different it is for country to country - some versions feature that and that chapter, and others lack some of the chapters?
And on and on. But the "only right one" is the one in your country, right?
And you choose to live by this...?
I see, is that the reason why you christians can portray yourselves as the hypocrites you are; by paying attention to the parts that
suit your lives and totally disregarding the others?

And do you know that your ancestors originally were threatened on their lives and forced to believe this stuff by a malignant few?
Believe our stories or die!
This is how this cancer was forced upon us, and - sadly - you and your kind choose to bring it further.

So, how do you actually "live for the lord jesus christ"? What is that anyway?
Don't you somewhat lead the same life as me? House, life-companion, kids? Go to the grocery-store to buy ingredients for dinner?
Mowing the lawn? Getting your car fixed by the guys in the shop? Pay rent?
Where's the difference? Do you really think that you and me will end up any different?

Eventually we'll be a cold stack of bones in a wooden box six feet under. And nothing else.
You won't see "Elvis and Lennon, or whoever, jamming in heaven", as is the main stupid mantra that goes around here whenever someone in the Elvis related world dies.
One more thing: the position that that jesus character has today has always been rivaled by countless others.
That just he turned out to be the one you guys throw yourselves to the feet at, is a coincidence.
I don't dispute at all the he existed. But if he did, he was an ordinary man.
"Son of god... Died for our sins..." Pppffffffff... :facep:

I'll tell you one big difference between us:
I'm not willing to let a made up story that was forced upon man by sword in hand to dictate my life.

Playing with yourself...? Are you talking about masturbation? In that case: how on earth did that get "sinful and unnatural"?
If that is one of the sure ways to hell, then why didn't your "god" create you with shorter arms?
Our sexdrive is one of the most natural instincts of all - you know... Reproduction?
Only you religious people could ever make a sin out of something like this.

And the divorce issue:
I hope you know that the concept of marriage by far precedes the religious ritual we know today?
Of course, some religious hustlers found that even this ritual had to be hi-jacked from the people.
It's a feelgood thing, and a nice idea for the romantic of us.
To me, standing before a clown in a cross and a made up god, promising a love that you can't control is a downgrade of both someone's relationship and intelligence.
How can that be a heightening of someone's feelings? Isn't the love you feel the essential part?
Oh, I forgot - according to you people, that only applies if you are a man and a woman, right? The same love between someone of the same sex doesn't apply to "the grace of god", true?
And for the record: I know that there are many couples who love eachother their enitre lives, and that is great.
I also know - personally - of couples who waste their lives by staying together when it's painfully obvious that they shouldn't. Just because they made a promise 30 years ago.
You are obviously convinced that people like these should rather waste and ruin their lives by staying in hurtful and damaging relationships rather than breaking their promise to "god" and have chances to get better lives?

"God" can't "give you a woman".
You know, to get a partner you must first have feelings for them. So, if you should get feelings for someone tomorrow - and this turns out to be someone you'd like to be with - how will you know that "god gave her to you"?
And especially - if it turns out after some time that she wasn't so special, and you notice that your love for her is beginning to fade, what do you say then?
"Uuuhhmmm, I don't think that god had this woman in mind for me after all..."?
You actually believe that falling out of love with someone is controlled by your own will?
You say that you then "work against what god had planned".
Well, why would you guys pray then?
If "he" already had/has a plan for you, what makes you think that he'd changed it just because you asked "him" to?

You say that you used to be like me, but now your life is better.
I really would have hoped that you could come to these better times without having to deal with a fantasy-world full of contradictions and made-up sins.

Same goes for you, Tony. I am truly sorry that you are so heartbroken - yes, it really hurts.
But sitting around waiting for "god" to take action won't work. If you leave it up to "him", absolutely nothing will happen.
Deep inside, I think you KNOW this. YOU will have to take action. You are the only one who can go out there and show the world what a stunning guy you are, and wake the up the girls out there.
If you guys weren't meant to be, then you have to put that behind you - as hard as it may seem - and look forward and focus on the options up ahead.
You've got your driver's lisence now; there's no stopping you - go out there and knock'em dead! With your personality, not your car. :D

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:42 pm

fg76 wrote:The Bible has been proven to be legit history. Evidence of Christ's crucifixion has been verified by Roman historians, and the Jewish Historian Josephus.


There is debate over the validity of the Josephus references, with some scholars believing them to be later Christian insertions. With this uncertainly, it's a stretch to say that Josephus verifies the crucifixion.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:49 pm

O, is it fairytales discussion time already?

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:25 pm

FVH wrote:I'm glad you meant to write skeptic, as septic has a somewhat different meaning.

Firstly, do you actually know how many times that bible has gone through edits and changes...?
Joseph Smith even added stuff on "god's behalf" himself, for example.


Joseph Smith was a heretic, with all due respect. Satan tries to confuse people by creating similar religions. He did with Mohammed and the Muslims, and he did it with Joseph Smith. If there were any Mormons on the Elvis group, then I would try to be a little more diplomatic about this. Regardless, I personally feel Joseph Smith was merely a cult leader. I would, as a Christian, would ask a Morman what Romans 3: 10 means for them. The same with the Jehovah's Witnesses as well. As I am not here to anger, but to do my best to share the love of Christ. If I am able to.

And do you know how different it is for country to country - some versions feature that and that chapter, and others lack some of the chapters?


Yes, I am aware of this. In fact, Liberty University hosted the ETS and Dr. Dan Wallace - a person who studies critical text of the Bible. We had a great lecture today on if certain lines from Luke 24:36 were added by scribes or not. We confirmed by the evidence and textual writing style that it was original.

I am also aware of the Roman Catholics, who we don't consider a heresy, for the most part, believe certain "extra" books belong in the canon of scripture concerning the Old Testament, and I am aware of their support of certain texts that could not have occurred historically. Most Protestant Evangelicals, respectfully dismiss them. I am currently fascinated by them, but my studies in Seminary don't allow me the time to study them at this time. Yes, I am aware of them. Respectfully, it is a act of Satan to preach a different gospel as warned to by Paul in his epistles (2 Corinthians 11).

The biggest problem is, as a former skeptic, I understand your viewpoint. What we try to do as Christians is to study what understand to be the original text as written by the four New Testament authors. When I was like you, I considered it all BS too - but then I read the texts and that spoke to me and melted my heart. Even then, I wanted to ensure it wasn't just emotions. I do know, that whatever Joseph Smith "invented" was a lie. There is no historical or archaeological evidence of the stuff reported in the Book of Morman. Let, we can confirm places and events did happen in the Old and New Testaments - and when I say Old Testament - I mean the one confirmed and canonized by the Jewish People. Not the one accepted by the Greeks, and was later accepted by the Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches.

I personally, as a former skeptic, actually explore all the texts and the writings. I also at the same time serve Christ as dictated by the Bible. I do not, however, as Francis Scaeffer put it, lower story/shelf my everyday life and upper story/shelf. I can understand you considering me a hypocrite, because Jesus says those who hate Me - will hate you.

And do you know that your ancestors originally were threatened on their lives and forced to believe this stuff by a malignant few?


These events didn't happen until later in the 12th and 13th centuries with the crusades. For years prior to that, Christians were put to death by the Romans and martyred. When Constantine decided to support Christianity was when real, genuine Christianity began to falter. It stopped being about Christ's sacrifice for humankind and turned into forcing people into believing something. Something the Romans were doing prior to accepting Christianity and worshiping their false idols. In fact, in the 17th century, Roger Williams formed Rhode Island on religious freedom - meaning he didn't want to force it upon anybody. That's an example of true Christianity. If you want to be an atheist, agnostic, etc.. then that's your choice. We only want to help preach the gospel as Christ as instructed us to do and save those who are lost.

So, how do you actually "live for the lord jesus christ"? What is that anyway?


It is to live as it says in Matthew 28:20 - to go to all the nations and baptize in the name of the Father, and the son, and the Holy Spirit. It is to show love, patience, loving-kindness, compassion and preaching how Christ died for us in order for us to have eternal life.

Eventually we'll be a cold stack of bones in a wooden box six feet under. And nothing else.


If that is the case, why do you care? If we all die, remember nothing and become dust and there is no God - then what does it matter to you? As Blasse Pascal once said (and I paraphrase Pascal's Wager), if God isn't real then all I lost was a few pleasures that I didn't need in the first pace. But if I am right, then the skeptic is damned to hell. If none of this really matters, why do you care? What is their to fear if there is nothing after this? Why do you act like there is something after this, if it doesn't really matter what we do or what we say? However, if God does exist and we are created in His image - then we should be attempting the best we can as our fallen nature provides is to live by His wishes. If He doesn't exist, why does it enrage you that I decide to live for Him?

You won't see "Elvis and Lennon, or whoever, jamming in heaven", as is the main stupid mantra that goes around here whenever someone in the Elvis related world dies.


No. Most of them sadly, probably will end up in Hell. So none of them will be doing any jamming. As for mantra, that is a Eastern Philosophy and has nothing to do with Christ. Easter Religions, respectfully, are another lie of the devil. I know, I practiced Transcendental Meditation for three years. It truly is a fake, evil religion.

I'll tell you one big difference between us:
I'm not willing to let a made up story that was forced upon man by sword in hand to dictate my life.


That didn't happen until much later. The first Christians were the ones that were forced by the sword to stop preaching or be killed. Peter was crucified upside down. Paul was beheaded. Many of the early Church Fathers were put to death for believing in Christianity. The problem is, you are right there were plenty of groups in the later years claiming to be Christians that were violent. Sadly, Satan will do anything to keep certain people away from Heaven, but you have a point - there were people who forced Christianity on other people. That is wrong. We only preach, and allow God's Holy Spirit to touch the person's heart. If you want to live your life, go ahead. If I am wrong, you have lost nothing for we'll all end up in the same place of nothingness. However, sadly if I am right . . .

Playing with yourself...? Are you talking about masturbation? In that case: how on earth did that get "sinful and unnatural"? If that is one of the sure ways to hell, then why didn't your "god" create you with shorter arms?


Because He wants us to obey Him and serve Him. He doesn't want us to be robots. He wants us to make the choice. Your choice is apparent, and with all due respect there was a time I thought as you do. So I can not blame you for your thinking, because it good God to open my eyes, and I refused to listen several times in my life. Yet, He loves us so much that He continued to touch my heart and brought me into repentantance.

The same love between someone of the same sex doesn't apply to "the grace of god", true?


Let me ask this question in a scientific way. Do you think scientifically, homosexuality is natural? It looks like man and women were designed for a purpose by a designer. Man has a purpose, and woman has a purpose. That isn't the Bible talking, that is the laws of science talking.

You are obviously convinced that people like these should rather waste and ruin their lives by staying in hurtful and damaging relationships rather than breaking their promise to God and have chances to get better lives?


If they are wasting their lives, then maybe they weren't meant to get married in the first place. Maybe they married for all the wrong reasons. They married out of lust, and sexual drive as you say, and not for real love.

I will never have sex until I am married, so I think we both would know if we were meant for each other or not. The whole problem with your thinking, is that you base love on sex.

I really would have hoped that you could come to these better times without having to deal with a fantasy-world full of contradictions and made-up sins.


There are no contradictions, and sins aren't made up. They are real, and the Holy Spirit tells me when I shouldn't sin. I can feel the bitterness in your heart as you just want to live life your way. Has it really been fulfilling? To know that when you die, you will be a bag of bones? That you will not accept the love of the One and true God? If my world is a fantasy-world, what does it matter if we all die and there is nothing? If life is nothing after this, then why do you care and why do you insult? You only insult because Satan drives you to insult me, so I will sin. Satan has been beaten by Jesus hanging on the cross, and respectfully if you personally confess with your mouth and your heart that God raised Him from the dead - you will be saved. Listening comes by hearing, and by hearing the Word of God! If it is all fiction, then ignore me - when I die I will be a bag of bones - so what does it matter? But if I am right, then nobody can be saved outside of trusting and having faith in God.

Peace.

TJ wrote:
fg76 wrote:The Bible has been proven to be legit history. Evidence of Christ's crucifixion has been verified by Roman historians, and the Jewish Historian Josephus.


There is debate over the validity of the Josephus references, with some scholars believing them to be later Christian insertions. With this uncertainly, it's a stretch to say that Josephus verifies the crucifixion.


There is a Arabic version of Josephus that people, including Dr. Gary Habbermas considered to be a legit statement. Their may have been some inpolizations to the texts, but based on Josephus style - we do confirm he most likely at least spoke of Jesus and how his believers (at least) thought He had raised from the dead. Taticus noted the resurrection as a superstition that was "in check for the moment" - but was beginning to get out of control again. Within only 75 years of Jesus death, He was worshiped as God by the people. Only 75 years, and not just a small cult either - but a tremendous following. Only the reality of the resurrection could verify that.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:57 am

Tony Trout wrote:Thanks....now can we PLEASE let this thread DIE a quick death?

Thank you...that is all...


Er....you started it, Tony! Just trying to be supportive. Maybe you can contact the mods to have it killed, or kill it yourself. Not sure how that works.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 am

KHoots wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Thanks....now can we PLEASE let this thread DIE a quick death?

Thank you...that is all...


Er....you started it, Tony! Just trying to be supportive. Maybe you can contact the mods to have it killed, or kill it yourself. Not sure how that works.


LOL............

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 am

Sun Hero wrote:
KHoots wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Thanks....now can we PLEASE let this thread DIE a quick death?

Thank you...that is all...


Er....you started it, Tony! Just trying to be supportive. Maybe you can contact the mods to have it killed, or kill it yourself. Not sure how that works.


LOL............


It is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma when that happens. Kind of like "what happens when you die? Are you just fertilizer, or do you get to hear a duet between Elvis, Marvin Gaye, and a third singer of your choice?" I can't say I know that answer, because I don't know everything. That's why people have faith. I would like to believe that I'll see my mom again, and we'll watch Letterman together . . . like we did, once upon a time. And it'll always be Christmas. (Okay, I threw that one in. ;) ) But they have shown, scientifically that "information is never lost" in the known universe. And what is the human soul, if not "information"? Food for thought.

And if THAT amateur philosophizing doesn't get the threat killed, nothin' will!

rjm

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 am

rjm wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:
KHoots wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Thanks....now can we PLEASE let this thread DIE a quick death?

Thank you...that is all...


Er....you started it, Tony! Just trying to be supportive. Maybe you can contact the mods to have it killed, or kill it yourself. Not sure how that works.


LOL............


It is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma when that happens. Kind of like "what happens when you die? Are you just fertilizer, or do you get to hear a duet between Elvis, Marvin Gaye, and a third singer of your choice?" I can't say I know that answer, because I don't know everything. That's why people have faith. I would like to believe that I'll see my mom again, and we'll watch Letterman together . . . like we did, once upon a time. And it'll always be Christmas. (Okay, I threw that one in. ;) ) But they have shown, scientifically that "information is never lost" in the known universe. And what is the human soul, if not "information"? Food for thought.

And if THAT amateur philosophizing doesn't get the threat killed, nothin' will!

rjm


Fairytale books and their followers wants us to believe we continue after out death.
However, why should we humans, after the machinery that keeps us going, i.e. heart for power and brain for controling the body functions, stops continue in heaven or hell, while our 98% matching DNA family, the apes, do not, according to the same fairytale book believers?
Just wondering!

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Fairytale books and their followers wants us to believe we continue after out death.
However, why should we humans, after the machinery that keeps us going, i.e. heart for power and brain for controling the body functions, stops continue in heaven or hell, while our 98% matching DNA family, the apes, do not, according to the same fairytale book believers?
Just wondering!


zold,
Christ died for us and paid in full the price for our sins.
And He defeated death when he rose from the dead.
God has given you the freedom to choose not to believe
in this. But he hasn't given you freedom from the consequences
of your actions, like your non-belief. Fire burns whether you
believe in it or not.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:Fairytale books and their followers wants us to believe we continue after out death.
However, why should we humans, after the machinery that keeps us going, i.e. heart for power and brain for controling the body functions, stops continue in heaven or hell, while our 98% matching DNA family, the apes, do not, according to the same fairytale book believers?
Just wondering!


zold,
Christ died for us and paid in full the price for our sins.
And He defeated death when he rose from the dead.
God has given you the freedom to choose not to believe
in this. But he hasn't given you freedom from the consequences
of your actions, like your non-belief. Fire burns whether you
believe in it or not.


Fire burns whether you believe in it or not. :facep: :roll: :lol:

Amazing how some talk as if this is actual history. The Bible is a piece of fiction to say the least. Nothing more. As are all religions.

You can choose to believe in creationism or religion, but that doesn't give you freedom from the consequences of you murdering your child by using prayer over scientifically proven medication when your child dies from their severe illness. You think God or Jesus is going to deliver you from jail for your belief in prayer? Your belief hasn't given you freedom from the consequences of the law either.

It's amazing how many non religious people are great people that have a far better sense of morality than those who follow different religious belief systems. But, there are some great religious people too.

But, whatever...whatever you believe or choose to believe is fine by me.

What's for dinner? :mrgreen:

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:39 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:Fairytale books and their followers wants us to believe we continue after out death.
However, why should we humans, after the machinery that keeps us going, i.e. heart for power and brain for controling the body functions, stops continue in heaven or hell, while our 98% matching DNA family, the apes, do not, according to the same fairytale book believers?
Just wondering!


zold,
Christ died for us and paid in full the price for our sins.
And He defeated death when he rose from the dead.
God has given you the freedom to choose not to believe
in this. But he hasn't given you freedom from the consequences
of your actions, like your non-belief. Fire burns whether you
believe in it or not.


And you know this...how?

Do you know anyone who went to this fiery place and came back to tell you, or is it the old "it says so in the bible, so therefore it's true"?
Whenever things in this matter contradict themselves, you guys just make something up don't you...?

Whenever you toss something at Fg76 that is outside his little box, he goes "oh that? That's satan."
So guys, if you want to see Lennon, Hendrix and Presley jam you'll have to aim for hell instead of heaven as first assumed.
Cause that's where they're all at.

I admit that I mainly come to this off topic-section for laughs.
Ironically, I found it in abundance in this thread.
Thanks guys. :D

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Bring back the shower setlists.

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Thank goodness for the Alizee thread. :roll:

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 pm

FVH wrote:I'm glad you meant to write skeptic, as septic has a somewhat different meaning.

Your post is so brimful of delusions, that it's hard to know where to start.

Firstly, do you actually know how many times that bible has gone through edits and changes...?
Joseph Smith even added stuff on "god's behalf" himself, for example.
And do you know how different it is for country to country - some versions feature that and that chapter, and others lack some of the chapters?
And on and on. But the "only right one" is the one in your country, right?
And you choose to live by this...?
I see, is that the reason why you christians can portray yourselves as the hypocrites you are; by paying attention to the parts that
suit your lives and totally disregarding the others?

And do you know that your ancestors originally were threatened on their lives and forced to believe this stuff by a malignant few?
Believe our stories or die!
This is how this cancer was forced upon us, and - sadly - you and your kind choose to bring it further.

So, how do you actually "live for the lord jesus christ"? What is that anyway?
Don't you somewhat lead the same life as me? House, life-companion, kids? Go to the grocery-store to buy ingredients for dinner?
Mowing the lawn? Getting your car fixed by the guys in the shop? Pay rent?
Where's the difference? Do you really think that you and me will end up any different?

Eventually we'll be a cold stack of bones in a wooden box six feet under. And nothing else.
You won't see "Elvis and Lennon, or whoever, jamming in heaven", as is the main stupid mantra that goes around here whenever someone in the Elvis related world dies.
One more thing: the position that that jesus character has today has always been rivaled by countless others.
That just he turned out to be the one you guys throw yourselves to the feet at, is a coincidence.
I don't dispute at all the he existed. But if he did, he was an ordinary man.
"Son of god... Died for our sins..." Pppffffffff... :facep:

I'll tell you one big difference between us:
I'm not willing to let a made up story that was forced upon man by sword in hand to dictate my life.

Playing with yourself...? Are you talking about masturbation? In that case: how on earth did that get "sinful and unnatural"?
If that is one of the sure ways to hell, then why didn't your "god" create you with shorter arms?
Our sexdrive is one of the most natural instincts of all - you know... Reproduction?
Only you religious people could ever make a sin out of something like this.

And the divorce issue:
I hope you know that the concept of marriage by far precedes the religious ritual we know today?
Of course, some religious hustlers found that even this ritual had to be hi-jacked from the people.
It's a feelgood thing, and a nice idea for the romantic of us.
To me, standing before a clown in a cross and a made up god, promising a love that you can't control is a downgrade of both someone's relationship and intelligence.
How can that be a heightening of someone's feelings? Isn't the love you feel the essential part?
Oh, I forgot - according to you people, that only applies if you are a man and a woman, right? The same love between someone of the same sex doesn't apply to "the grace of god", true?
And for the record: I know that there are many couples who love eachother their enitre lives, and that is great.
I also know - personally - of couples who waste their lives by staying together when it's painfully obvious that they shouldn't. Just because they made a promise 30 years ago.
You are obviously convinced that people like these should rather waste and ruin their lives by staying in hurtful and damaging relationships rather than breaking their promise to "god" and have chances to get better lives?

"God" can't "give you a woman".
You know, to get a partner you must first have feelings for them. So, if you should get feelings for someone tomorrow - and this turns out to be someone you'd like to be with - how will you know that "god gave her to you"?
And especially - if it turns out after some time that she wasn't so special, and you notice that your love for her is beginning to fade, what do you say then?
"Uuuhhmmm, I don't think that god had this woman in mind for me after all..."?
You actually believe that falling out of love with someone is controlled by your own will?
You say that you then "work against what god had planned".
Well, why would you guys pray then?
If "he" already had/has a plan for you, what makes you think that he'd changed it just because you asked "him" to?

You say that you used to be like me, but now your life is better.
I really would have hoped that you could come to these better times without having to deal with a fantasy-world full of contradictions and made-up sins.

Same goes for you, Tony. I am truly sorry that you are so heartbroken - yes, it really hurts.
But sitting around waiting for "god" to take action won't work. If you leave it up to "him", absolutely nothing will happen.
Deep inside, I think you KNOW this. YOU will have to take action. You are the only one who can go out there and show the world what a stunning guy you are, and wake the up the girls out there.
If you guys weren't meant to be, then you have to put that behind you - as hard as it may seem - and look forward and focus on the options up ahead.
You've got your driver's lisence now; there's no stopping you - go out there and knock'em dead! With your personality, not your car. :D




FVH? I'm going to pretend that I didn't read a word of this because I, myself, do NOT believe in the way FOR ONE SECOND that you do - and I truly feel sorry that you feel this way and I am not going to allow you to sway my beliefs in ANY WAY.

There IS an afterlife and there IS an eternity - both are FOREVER! It's up to YOU where you will spend your eternity - in Heaven where there is continual peace or in Hell where there is continual torment. Personally, I made my decision over twenty-three years ago and I know without a shadow of a doubt that I'm going to Heaven.

As the Word, itself, says: "One day, EVERY EYE shall SEE and every KNEE shall bow and every MOUTH will confess that HE IS LORD (WHETHER YOU ARE/WERE A BELIEVER OR NOT IN THIS LIFE)!

I'm not trying to push my religious beliefs or anything on anyone here. I'm so very thankful that I have found those few here that DO truly believe in a living God and Jesus Christ (who are one in the same).

Oh, and you forget one thing: I only have my driving permit - NOT my license - which means that I have to have another licensed driver in the car with me until I actually CAN get my license which will be about fourteen months from now.

I guess that's all I've got to say for now....

Re: Eight Months Later...:-(

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Whether you believe in God or not, it's a personal choice. You can't prove it either way.

I, for one, would like to see these sorts of threads removed from the forum.

"Thank you, goodnight and may your God go with you" (Dave Allen).