Post here your Elvis' pictures

nice one

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Super Picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: nice one

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:26 am

Super photo, indeed, new to me!! Thank you very much :smt006
Here's another one from almost the same moment - i don't know the date, but i think (maibe) it's March 58
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks so much otto.
I only had that photo in small size from an auction (I think it was) back in October 2002.

On the border of my copy it says: Nov 60 so at least we know that it was taken prior to that date.
Judging by his sideburns my guess would be sometime after December 21, 1957 but prior to January 10, 1958.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 am

He sure wasn't going to let the Army cut off the sideburns! He did it himself, but slowly. If you look carefully at King Creole, one is even a bit longer than the other. What was left of them, anyway. And he tried to keep the hair, but that went too, bit by bit.

It was his way of trying to maintain his dignity, by cutting it himself. I admire that. As much as they wanted the pleasure of completely cutting it all off of him, he wouldn't let 'em. (If that is a double entendre to you, that's your choice.) And it wasn't the first time in his life that others came after him with scissors, either. He always did what he had to do, to be himself.

If they ever do make a real film, a scene of him cutting off his own sideburns prior to induction is necessary to the story, and would be very intense and compelling.

And thank you for the photo(s)! :D

rjm

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:47 pm

otto wrote:Super Picture

It sure is Otto!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 am

Well thanks All

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:47 am

Ty otto - really lov em - enjoy this y'all - :P ::rocks
TCE4Evr -