Post here your Elvis' pictures

unchanined melody 1977

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I cant find the unchained melody from 1977 when he is sitting down and playing the piano.

Help is appriciated.
Thanks

Re: unchanined melody 1977

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:39 pm

phpBB [video]

Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Two Keith Alverson pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:39 pm

brbiedoll66 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Many thanks :D

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:59 pm

You are welcome!!

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:57 pm

This is one of my favourite 1977 photos. Sometimes, the real Elvis broke through the haze in the last few months, and this photo seems to capture genuine joy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:06 pm

DarrylMac wrote:This is one of my favourite 1977 photos. Sometimes, the real Elvis broke through the haze in the last few months, and this photo seems to capture genuine joy.

That´s a very nice photo. Thanks for sharing.

//Björn

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:08 pm

brbiedoll66 wrote:
phpBB [video]

I notice that you just post when it´s really important. 6 postings in 8 years!!! :wink:

//Björn

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:16 pm

DarrylMac wrote:This is one of my favourite 1977 photos. Sometimes, the real Elvis broke through the haze in the last few months, and this photo seems to capture genuine joy.

This picture was taken by Charles Stone - he took a series of pictures from that position of the stage. They were the only pictures Stone took of Elvis in 1977, he told me some months ago while talking to him.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Billy Budd wrote:

This picture was taken by Charles Stone - he took a series of pictures from that position of the stage. They were the only pictures Stone took of Elvis in 1977, he told me some months ago while talking to him.

The magic of Charles Stone!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks Billy - much appreciated. I didn't have any other info on the photo, venue, date etc, just always grabbed me as a good one.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:29 am

For_Elvis wrote:I cant find the unchained melody from 1977 when he is sitting down and playing the piano

I found these ones :)

1-2 june 25, 1977, Cincinnati.
3 may 29, 1977, Baltimore.
4 june 25, 1977, Cincinnati.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:50 pm

A couple more photos..I love the bottom pic, great smile

Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:29 pm

looks like he's looking at Charlie in that last photo. Great shots of him smiling!

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:09 am

I just want to say a few things about Charlie... You can see in these videos and pictures his TOTAL love for Elvis, his loyalty, and I'll do anything attitude for Elvis. The thing is, after 1969 he seemed not to be in the inner circle. All the video we have he is in the background. Just watch the boot-leg Elvis on Tour(Weall have it). He traveled with the band during the seventies, and he had been with Elvis longer than alot of the other "friends". I just dont understand why he wasnt closer to Elvis. It seems he was always around but never close to Elvis, even to the end. I would say he was a true friend, and did just as much, if not more to serve, love, and protect Elvis, in life and in death. What do you..... the people of this board that know more than me, think?

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:19 am

brbiedoll66 wrote:A couple more photos..I love the bottom pic, great smile

Is that Rapid City?

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Brian,

No, it's not Rapid City - he has on a white scarf in the Rapid City footage, but a blue scarf in the bottom smiling pic.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm

you know Ive heard alot of people over the years talk about how fat he was or how he just didn't have "it" anymore. But this video proves he still did! It still brings a tear to my eye. I have yet to see a modern artist that could even come close!

Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 am

IIRC, those last two pictures are from Charlotte, February 20th 1977.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:57 am

BrandtMichaels wrote:you know Ive heard alot of people over the years talk about how fat he was or how he just didn't have "it" anymore. But this video proves he still did! It still brings a tear to my eye. I have yet to see a modern artist that could even come close!

WELL SAID MY FRIEND!

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:07 am

Phoenix78 wrote:
BrandtMichaels wrote:you know Ive heard alot of people over the years talk about how fat he was or how he just didn't have "it" anymore. But this video proves he still did! It still brings a tear to my eye. I have yet to see a modern artist that could even come close!

WELL SAID MY FRIEND!

Agreed

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:11 pm

And THAT my friend, is why he will always be The King of Rock 'n' Roll.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Seeing an "Elvis at the piano" photo at eBay recently got me wondering if I could locate photos with Elvis at the piano from all the occasions Elvis did Unchained Melody on tour. There apparently were 16 dates on which the song was performed - I could find photos for 10 of those. Maybe someone can fill the holes here - please! :)

Wichita Dec 27 1976

No photo

Dallas Dec 28 1976

No photo

Birmingham Dec 29 1976

Atlanta Dec 30 1976

Pittsburgh Dec 31 1976

Hollywood Feb 12 1977

Bit of a cheat here, as he's only heading for the piano... :wink:

Montgomery Feb 16 1977

Savannah Feb 17 1977

No photo

Charlotte Feb 20 1977

Ann Arbor Apr 24 1977

No photo

Binghamton May 27 1977

Baltimore May 29 1977

Mobile June 2 1977

No photo

Lincoln June 20 1977

No photo

Rapid City June 21 1977

Cincinnati June 25 1977

Any additions to the missing dates are most welcome! :)

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:25 pm

gws wrote:I just want to say a few things about Charlie... You can see in these videos and pictures his TOTAL love for Elvis, his loyalty, and I'll do anything attitude for Elvis. The thing is, after 1969 he seemed not to be in the inner circle. All the video we have he is in the background. Just watch the boot-leg Elvis on Tour(Weall have it). He traveled with the band during the seventies, and he had been with Elvis longer than alot of the other "friends". I just dont understand why he wasnt closer to Elvis. It seems he was always around but never close to Elvis, even to the end. I would say he was a true friend, and did just as much, if not more to serve, love, and protect Elvis, in life and in death. What do you..... the people of this board that know more than me, think?

Charlie took care of Elvis' business onstage. He was liaison to the singers and musicians. He was the unofficial stage manager. He never took his eyes off Elvis. Offstage, he could hardly have been closer to Elvis. He lived in the man's house. Logistics may have kept him out of Elvis' limo, before and after the show, but there is an abundance of evidence that he flew with Elvis, not the band.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Re - for elvis -

[b]You ar right elvis jock in what you have said - Charlie Hodge's dedication to Elvis was so real -
He seemed to be with him all the time on stage and off -being faithful as always to The King in all of his stage duties and such
He seemed to be loyal To The King - ( Just see his vhs tape/dvd - The Elvis I Knew - for example )
- Yu know what I mean -

Elvis Singn - Unchained Melody On June 21st 1977 At Rapid City
Enjoy this y'all
TCE4Evr -
::rocks :smt007 :smt006