Off Topic Messages

Academy Awards: Babs, The Way We Were

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 am

It was bittersweet tonight to watch Barbara pay tribute on the Academy Awards show to her friend, Marvin Hamlisch by performing "The Way We Were."

"What's too painful to remember, we simply choose to forget..." So true.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/167551/watch-barbra-streisands-oscar-night-tribute-to-marvin-hamlisch-as-she-gracefully-tackles-the-way-we-were/

And back in the day for anyone interested...

phpBB [video]

Re: Academy Awards: Babs, The Way We Were

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 am

WHAT?

Not even ONE nod to the lady who opened the showroom and worked all the kinks out?

Not even ONE nod to the lady who offered one of the last opportunities for our man to show Hollywood what he could do?

The performance deserves respect -- as does the performer.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 am

I'm sorry I just don't like Streisand's music or her films.

Her singing was alright and it was nice to pay tribute to him.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:05 am

brian wrote:I'm sorry I just don't like Streisand's music or her films.

Her singing was alright and it was nice to pay tribute to him.

I'm not a big Streisand fan myself, Brian, but I do appreciate her body of work.

It's still very nice to see a contemporary of Elvis' on the Academy Awards show giving a wonderful performance.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:39 am

MaryAnn wrote:It's still very nice to see a contemporary of Elvis' on the Academy Awards show giving a wonderful performance.

?????

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:It's still very nice to see a contemporary of Elvis' on the Academy Awards show giving a wonderful performance.

?????

MaryAnn means she was because Streisand was on the album charts in the 60s and the singles chart in the 70s same as Elvis.

They recorded different types of music and had different fanbase's but they were around during the same time.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Thank you for clarifying, Brian. That is what I meant.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 am

MaryAnn wrote:WHAT?

Not even ONE nod to the lady who opened the showroom and worked all the kinks out?

Not even ONE nod to the lady who offered one of the last opportunities for our man to show Hollywood what he could do?

The performance deserves respect -- as does the performer.

I thought I did say something. Maybe I was going to, and got distracted.

Thanks for the performance you posted. She is much appreciated, and Elvis was certainly appreciative.

It was a strange show this year is all. And I thought Lincoln got dissed, so I guess I tuned it out some.

Thanks again.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2