Off Topic Messages

Batman's Dead!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 am

Just watched Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2.
I think these animated films are better than the Christopher
Nolan series, though I enjoyed them also.

I've never been a comic book collector so I don't keep up with
the stories. So it was all new to me as I watched. Not to ruin
the movie, but I wouldn't have minded if Batman had finished
off Superman. At least he "could" have.

As good as the movies look and sound, I couldn't help but
think that the same people who animate TV's Family Guy
had a hand in this. When Batman runs or sneaks around
he looks somewhat like the main character Peter Griffin.

Re: Batman's Dead!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 am

That's a very misleading title. I thought it was a reference to Adam West passing away.

Thanks.

Re: Batman's Dead!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's a very misleading title. I thought it was a reference to Adam West passing away.



If it had been Adam West I would have titled it,
The Real Batman Is Dead or The Real Batman Has Died.

Alfred's dead too (maybe).

Re: Batman's Dead!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:36 am

I too had the same fear that Adam West had died...the `real' Batman in my eyes. Happy that's not the case.

Re: Batman's Dead!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:22 am

Oh yeah, Lewis G Wilson and Robert Lowery are dead. RIP

Re: Batman's Dead!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

iplayastrat wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:That's a very misleading title. I thought it was a reference to Adam West passing away.



If it had been Adam West I would have titled it,
The Real Batman Is Dead or The Real Batman Has Died.

Alfred's dead too (maybe).


Try harder next time.

Thanks.

Re: Batman's Dead!

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thanks.



No need to thank me Harvey.

Re: Batman's Dead!

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:That's a very misleading title. I thought it was a reference to Adam West passing away.

Thanks.

Holy immortality! So did i Doc!!

Re: Batman's Dead!

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:59 pm

They it is a very good movie based on the Frank Miller comic book of the same name. But lets say this don't let little kids see this one. It is very Violent i will not say anything else for those who have not seen it yet

Re: Batman's Dead!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:12 pm

mark wrote: But lets say this don't let little kids see this one. It is very Violent


I agree, very violent.
Just for us older kids.

Topped it off with
Batman Year One.
It's was good too.

But unfortunately
the Avengers was
next on the list. It
was about as bad as
I thought it would be.