Post here your Elvis' pictures

Kansas City, 1977

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 pm

From Ebay. 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kansas City, 1977

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Stunning pics.

Thanks for posting them.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Poor Elvis

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Please stoip being so negative, Ken.

It's still Elvis, so it's still good.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Rob wrote:Please stoip being so negative, Ken.

It's still Elvis, so it's still good.

Sorry Rob.i had my "Tony"head on for a minute

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Was Sundial at the cleaners that night? God, he must have been so uncomfortable.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:33 pm

Yes, I wonder too. The Sundial looked very well-fitting compared to "The king of spades" in june 1977... :(

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:01 pm

I got these from facebook a few weeks ago. They were taken by a woman who attended many Elvis shows. Unfortunately, I can´t remember her name, and now I can´t find her facebook page anymore. Does anyone here know her/her page? She had many other photos there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:07 pm

Man, he was trying so hard. He looks like he's going to burst.

Why couldn't someone have stepped up to the plate and got him the help he needed?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm very sorry doc, i wasn't born yet... :facep:
Maby its just like Sonny said: how can you protect a men from 42 against himself... its hard too see Elvis this way... but we all know Elvis gave his all till the very end... Thats what makes Elvis special... he loved his fans more then he loved himself... sadly enough...

The pictures are great, i love the act with charlie...

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:I'm very sorry doc, i wasn't born yet... :facep:
Maby its just like Sonny said: how can you protect a men from 42 against himself... its hard too see Elvis this way... but we all know Elvis gave his all till the very end... Thats what makes Elvis special... he loved his fans more then he loved himself... sadly enough...

You love the "gay"parody done during "Are You Lonesome To-night?"

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I can not ever allow any of my friends or relatives see that footage of my hero,it is plain embarrasing to me

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 pm

The fool wrote:I got these from facebook a few weeks ago. They were taken by a woman who attended many Elvis shows. Unfortunately, I can´t remember her name, and now I can´t find her facebook page anymore. Does anyone here know her/her page? She had many other photos there.

Very nice photos, hopefully her FB page can be relocated! :) Here's a couple I've found, the b&w one was originally published on the frontpage of Kansas City Star on June 19th. The second is by Nancy Cunningham.

877-e7n9E.SlMa.81.jpg
kc77ab.jpg

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Is there an other act?

phpBB [video]

Its funny two friends fooling around, Elvis looks like he was enjoying it... it ain't rock 'n roll thats for sure...

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 pm

keninlincs wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I can not ever allow any of my friends or relatives see that footage of my hero,it is plain embarrasing to me

I'm never emberresd for Elvis... its all part of history... Elvis 77 is part of it, even the gay act...

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:Is there an other act?

phpBB [video]

Its funny two friends fooling around, Elvis looks like he was enjoying it... it ain't rock 'n roll thats for sure...

It's ain't at all "funny," that's for sure.

It's embarrassing and demeaning, and does no justice to one of his biggest-ever singles.

A healthy Elvis Presley would have chosen a different path.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 pm

There are mores ways to look at it.... offcourse it aint Elvis the whole world knows but as i said its part of history and Elvis and charlie did there best to please the crowd. Elvis was sick and it aint a high light but even so I think its funny... and fans can have different oppinions....

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:There are mores ways to look at it.... offcourse it aint Elvis the whole world knows but as i said its part of history and Elvis and charlie did there best to please the crowd. Elvis was sick and it aint a high light but even so I think its funny... and fans can have different oppinions....

Yes, fans can have different opinions.

Some think making fun of gay people is a laugh riot. I am not one of those people.

I would never want an "Elvis newbie" to see the man doing this "act" with Charlie, it's really sad and pathetic.

Why do you think they dropped the "act" when CBS-TV taped the next two shows in Omaha and Rapid City -- coincidence?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Erik van den Berg wrote:There are mores ways to look at it.... offcourse it aint Elvis the whole world knows but as i said its part of history and Elvis and charlie did there best to please the crowd. Elvis was sick and it aint a high light but even so I think its funny... and fans can have different oppinions....

Yes, fans can have different opinions.

Some think making fun of gay people is a laugh riot. I am not one of those people.

I would never want an "Elvis newbie" to see the man doing this "act" with Charlie, it's really sad and pathetic.

Why do you think they dropped the "act" when CBS-TV taped the next two shows in Omaha and Rapid City -- coincidence?

Making a shame of gay people is never a good thing but I think today a joke like they made is innocent. Ofcourse the joke aint good enough for national television. Like i said before... it aint a highlight but i like it.... :sosorry:

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:09 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Why do you think they dropped the "act" when CBS-TV taped the next two shows in Omaha and Rapid City -- coincidence?
I seem to recall they did it partly in Omaha - even though Elvis says to Charlie at the beginning: "Charlie - straight!", Charlie went into it anyway...starting at about 4:10
phpBB [video]

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Yes, it was there in Omaha -- just very minimal.

It wasn't about to make the final cut though.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Erik van den Berg wrote:Making a shame of gay people is never a good thing but I think today a joke like they made is innocent.

You're joking, right?

If it was so "innocent," they would have done the whole thing in Omaha, the first night CBS rolled tape.

In Rapid City, Charlie was banished completely from the song.

And he apparently never sang it on stage after that.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Erik van den Berg wrote:Making a shame of gay people is never a good thing but I think today a joke like they made is innocent.

You're joking, right?

I have gay friends and would never say a bad thing to make myself more clear. A joke is a joke and its what people make out of it. Please dont mis understand me doc!!! Its clear humor is something subjective... thats a good thing as long as you dont hurt someone!!!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 am

Erik van den Berg wrote:I have gay friends and would never say a bad thing to make myself more clear. A joke is a joke and its what people make out of it. Please dont mis understand me doc!!! Its clear humor is something subjective... thats a good thing as long as you dont hurt someone!!!

Right. And the gay parody that Elvis presented to his fans was hurtful and demeaning to gay people.

If you don't think so, run the Kansas City '77 clip for your gay friends and ask them if they find it funny.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am

Scott Hayward wrote:
The fool wrote:I got these from facebook a few weeks ago. They were taken by a woman who attended many Elvis shows. Unfortunately, I can´t remember her name, and now I can´t find her facebook page anymore. Does anyone here know her/her page? She had many other photos there.

Very nice photos, hopefully her FB page can be relocated! :) Here's a couple I've found, the b&w one was originally published on the frontpage of Kansas City Star on June 19th. The second is by Nancy Cunningham.

877-e7n9E.SlMa.81.jpg
kc77ab.jpg

IIRC, Elvis stayed overnight in Kansas City. (We've seen the photos and footage of him boarding the plane the next day, bound for Omaha.)

I'll bet they kept that newspaper away from him.