Off Topic Messages

Paul McCartney talks about Elvis,

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 pm

and scrambled eggs and much more in a really great interview!!!!! 8)

http://youtu.be/vRrTthDSm_k

Re: Paul McCartney talks about Elvis,

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 pm

ian wrote:and scrambled eggs and much more in a really great interview!!!!! 8)

phpBB [video]

Paul McCartney on 'Aspel And Company' With Tracy Ullman 9 June 1984

Paul is about to turn 42 in a few weeks; he looks great and is totally charming.

It's interesting to hear McCartney's comments about fame, family and -- most ironically -- music publishing. He would be in for a surprise in a few years.

Notice also how Tracey Ullman, just 24, is careful not to intrude on Paul's chat with the host, yet remains sharp and focused throughout. She's awesome. They're there to promote Paul's film, "Give My Regards To Broad Street," but they hardly speak about it -- in retrospect, perhaps a good thing.

How nice to see the Buddy Holly clip screened during the interview. The singalong "That'll Be The Day" at the close is borderline cheesy, though Paul rolls with it.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

phpBB [video]

Paul is about to turn 42 in a few weeks; he looks great and is totally charming.

It's interesting to hear McCartney's comments about fame, family and -- most ironically -- music publishing. He would be in for a surprise in a few years.

Notice also how Tracey Ullman, just 24, is careful not to intrude on Paul's chat with the host, yet remains sharp and focused throughout. She's awesome. They're there to promote Paul's film, "Give My Regards To Broad Street," but they hardly speak about it -- in retrospect, perhaps a good thing.

How nice to see the Buddy Holly clip screened during the interview. The singalong "That'll Be The Day" at the close is borderline cheesy, though Paul rolls with it.

Wait a minute. I've always liked "Give My Regards To Broad Street."

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

phpBB [video]

Paul. like Elvis, always shows how down to earth he is, and besides being so immensely talented and famous, he's always letting you know that he's just a regular person, and I really love that about him, them!!!!! 8) :smt006 8) Thank's a lot for your response!! 8)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Jokerlola wrote:Wait a minute. I've always liked "Give My Regards To Broad Street."

You would be among the few who feel that way. ;-)

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:39 am

That was nice to watch. Thanks for posting it Ian.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:59 pm

paulsweeney wrote:That was nice to watch. Thanks for posting it Ian.

You're welcome! 8)

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Jokerlola wrote:Wait a minute. I've always liked "Give My Regards To Broad Street."

You would be among the few who feel that way. ;-)

I bought the album when it came out. 8)