Off Topic Messages

Aging Sucks!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 am

I hate to admit it, but I guess my age is catching up to me. Yesterday I fell, or rather stepped off a ladder and fell to the ground. I wasn't too high up, maybe five feet, and was trying to step from the ladder onto a deck. But I wasn't wearing my glasses so my depth perception was off and I stepped into the air and went down. I went into a semi-circle as I fell and my butt hit the edge of the deck breaking my fall somewhat. I landed in a sitting position on the ground with my legs splayed out in front of me, but my neck kind of whiplashed on impact. It was stiff and a little sore when I woke up this morning so I took the day off and kept putting a heating/massage device on it. My lower back has also been a little stiff as the day wore on, but other than my pride I'm not really hurt. I reckon I got off fairly easy as this could've been a lot worse if I had landed differently. Anyway, I just felt like talking about this, as embarrassing as it is.

Re: Aging Sucks!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 am

Well, you can either age ... or not. And with age comes wisdom (hopefully).

We all must endure as long as we can. After all, we have not yet heard the unissued recording of Elvis doing "Feelings" yet.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 am

Aging does indeed suck, but it's better than the alternative.

Get well soon, Pete.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, you can either age ... or not. And with age comes wisdom (hopefully).

We all must endure as long as we can. After all, we have not yet heard the unissued recording of Elvis doing "Feelings" yet.

I will let you all know how it is when it finally is issued. Darn these rumors!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 pm

BTW Pete- hope you feel better fast!! It's never fun to experience aging like this, and I imagine I will certainly be there eventually.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:20 pm

Sorry to hear of your accident, Pete, hope you are soon mended !

I'm too old now to play any sports, climb mountains, water ski, or run marathons.

But as I never did any of those things when I was younger, I don't miss them at all !

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Hope you feel better soon, Pete. Ladders can always be hazardous. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Aging may suck, but it sure beats the alternative. (Been said before, but is true.) My dad turned 87 today! :D

He has finallly given up ladders. Other than that, he puts me to shame. Lotta energy. He's one of those eternal optimists: a morning person.

Hope I age as well.

rjm

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I don't know what your all talking about.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

4 points for artistic impression. Would have been higher, but the landing was a little messy. :)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Obviously, Pete, you can no longer be without supervision. However, should you wander off on your own again......

try this.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Didn't quite "stick" the landing, eh, Pete? Aw, well. We're not getting older, we're getting better! At least, that's what I keep telling myself. I'm trying to fight off the need to get bifocals on my next vision exam, but looking over/under my glasses to read certain things is getting to be a pain.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Well, you can either age ... or not. And with age comes wisdom (hopefully).

The rumored hope of Elvis' "Feelings" being released is enough to keep my mojo workin' well into my golden years. The heck with vitamins.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Sometimes it does, and then I look at my 74 year old dad who plays three or four games of hockey a week in the winter and golfs the same amount in the summer. Aging is better than pushing up daisies ;-)

Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Rob wrote:Obviously, Pete, you can no longer be without supervision. However, should you wander off on your own again......

try this.

smt174

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

When I clicked on Rob's link I was half-expecting to see a photo of, say, Salma Hayek in a low-cut nurse's outfit.

Damn you Rob!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:36 pm

In the feeble condition you are in, there is nothing that Salma can do for you, Pete. There is certainly nothing you can do for her.

Stick with my link.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Take it easy Pete,and get well soon

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:44 pm

Last chance, Pete, do you want the nurse round, or not ?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 pm

Maybe this one can help ol' Pete feel a little younger.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks fellas! Send those ladies 'round here. My neck can use some massage therapy.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 am

Never heard it called a neck before.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 am

Pete Dube wrote:Thanks fellas! Send those ladies 'round here. My neck can use some massage therapy.

She's on her way !

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:26 pm

LOL Colin!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm

londonflash wrote:Never heard it called a neck before.

C'mon now 'Flash. I'm sure you've heard of rubberneckin.'

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
londonflash wrote:Never heard it called a neck before.

C'mon now 'Flash. I'm sure you've heard of rubberneckin.'

Err.............. what exactly have you got in mind ?