Off Topic Messages

Re: GOT MY DRIVING PERMIT!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 am

Tony Trout wrote:You can find a picture of my permit on my FB page (for those who use FB).

You looked so proud and determined...... Good for you.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 am

That photo there is about five or six years (maybe older) old. That was taken in the foyer of the church I formerly attended. The photo of my permit is on the front page of my FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/doublebender

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:47 am

That's great Tony! Great to read you succeeded!

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:58 pm

I hate to drag up my "Got My Driving Permit" thread but I have a serious question for ya'll:

I'm doing good as far as learning to drive (remember, it's been over twenty years since I was last behind the wheel of a car - and that was in my Driver's Education class in high school) but what I would like to do, to hopefully become a better driver, is to re-take a driver's education course to hopefully learn to handle the car better. But, my question is this:

1. Since I already have my driving permit, would another Driver's Ed. course be helpful? The only problem I'm having is learning to keep the car between the lines better.

2. If I took a Driver's Education course and they knew that I've already gotten my permit, could/would they turn me down or, at worst, take back the permit?

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Why did you not drive for over 21 years?

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I hate to drag up my "Got My Driving Permit" thread but I have a serious question for ya'll:

I'm doing good as far as learning to drive (remember, it's been over twenty years since I was last behind the wheel of a car - and that was in my Driver's Education class in high school) but what I would like to do, to hopefully become a better driver, is to re-take a driver's education course to hopefully learn to handle the car better. But, my question is this:

1. Since I already have my driving permit, would another Driver's Ed. course be helpful? The only problem I'm having is learning to keep the car between the lines better.

2. If I took a Driver's Education course and they knew that I've already gotten my permit, could/would they turn me down or, at worst, take back the permit?

That's just practice. Soon you'll be Ok.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 am

Tony Trout wrote:The only problem I'm having is learning to keep the car between the lines better.

Actually, this morning, an oncoming car swerved into my lane and I had to swerve as well in order to miss him. I thought to myself, "Oh hell, there goes Tony."

Hang in there, you'll get it.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:20 am

Tony Trout wrote:If I took a Driver's Education course and they knew that I've already gotten my permit, could/would they turn me down or, at worst, take back the permit?

There is a slight possibility they might ask you to hand in your entire FTD collection as a penalty. But then again, rules are meant to be broken.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:24 am

Far as I know, anyone with either a license or a permit can take a course at any time.

Some states recommend certain schools. It's worth investigating.

I'm sure you'll do just fine after a little while. It becomes second nature. But, always drive defensively. Never assume the other guy is going to make the right choice. But, on the other hand, don't get hung up over it. Just relax.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:31 am

rjm wrote:Far as I know, anyone with either a license or a permit can take a course at any time.

Some states recommend certain schools. It's worth investigating.

I'm sure you'll do just fine after a little while. It becomes second nature. But, always drive defensively. Never assume the other guy is going to make the right choice. But, on the other hand, don't get hung up over it. Just relax.

rjm

Exactly what Robin said. Keep practicing Tony, and it will become second nature. It is worth investigating for sure.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Thanks Robin and Brian. I'll look into it. :)

ECC83: The reason is because my eyesight isn't good and I was too much of a coward to go back and try again because I didn't think I would ever get my permit. I finally got up the courage to go back this year and try again and I got them. :)

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:46 pm

The authorities or whoever issues a permit thought you were qualified to get this permit, so be confident and take the next step!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:14 am

Ohhh Tony ! Not again ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Ohhh Tony ! Not again ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

NOT funny.....especially after what happened yesterday....

After I got back home from driving yesterday with my Mom, she had the nerve to tell me that she had gone back to the DMV to ask them them what other restrictions could/would possibly be placed on my license when the time comes to try to get them and they said, to my dismay and anger, "No driving more than twenty miles from home!" When I found that out, I stormed back into the house and slammed my billfold (which held my permit) down and stormed out to my little 'pad' that I have out from the house.

The reason it has angered/upset me so much is because the church I attend is thirty-five miles from my house - and if they place the above stated restriction on me, I won't be able to drive to church - which is one MAIN reason I wanted my license and had the corrective eye surgery in the first place!

I just ask that, for those of you on here who pray (BlueRiver & others), to please PRAY HARD that God will intervene in this situation. To say I'm hurt by her actions and devastated is an understatement. If I could crawl in a hold and not come out - or just get the hell out of the house, period - I would! I'm sick and tired of the control she has over me! It's like a friend of mine said, "You're a grown man! It's NOT up to her who makes those decisions!"

As much as I love my parents, if I could divorce them, I would. :smt011 :smt013 :smt010 :smt076
Last edited by Tony Trout on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm

35 miles, huh? You are only allowed to drive 20?

OK, so drive twenty miles then stop. Get out of your car and start singing, "Why don't you swing down sweet chariot, stop and let me ride...."

Breathe and stop throwing your wallet.

If the good Lord wants you in church, Tony, you'll get there.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm

Rob wrote:35 miles, huh? You are only allowed to drive 20?

OK, so drive twenty miles then stop. Get out of your car and start singing, "Why don't you swing down sweet chariot, stop and let me ride...."

Well said, Rob.

Tony, You've got to just hang in there and stay positive.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Rob wrote:35 miles, huh? You are only allowed to drive 20?

The thing is, Rob & EPA4368, she's very unhappy about where I'm going because she can't go with me every Sunday like we used to before I felt the urge to leave my former church last year. The pastor at my former church - I was there for thirty years - doesn't believe in the Rapture (the Second Coming of Christ which will take the Saints of the church and the ones who have already passed on who knew the Lord in their life to Heaven). And I am sure as Hell NOT going to sit under the ministry of a preacher who believes that way. She even had him come back up here to the house to try to get me to go back down there. I'M SICK OF THE CONTROL SHE HAS OVER ME! I CAN'T EVEN BE A FREAKIN' ADULT BECAUSE SHE WON'T GIVE ME THE CHANCE!!!

I feel like a prisoner in my own home....:(

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Tony Trout wrote:The thing is, Rob & EPA4368, she's very unhappy about where I'm going because she can't go with me every Sunday like we used to before I felt the urge to leave my former church last year. The pastor at my former church - I was there for thirty years - doesn't believe in the Rapture (the Second Coming of Christ which will take the Saints of the church and the ones who have already passed on who knew the Lord in their life to Heaven). And I am sure as Hell NOT going to sit under the ministry of a preacher who believes that way. She even had him come back up here to the house to try to get me to go back down there. I'M SICK OF THE CONTROL SHE HAS OVER ME! I CAN'T EVEN BE A FREAKIN' ADULT BECAUSE SHE WON'T GIVE ME THE CHANCE!!!

Hey Tony, you don't have access to any firearms, do you? Just checking...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:46 pm

The Pirate wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:The thing is, Rob & EPA4368, she's very unhappy about where I'm going because she can't go with me every Sunday like we used to before I felt the urge to leave my former church last year. The pastor at my former church - I was there for thirty years - doesn't believe in the Rapture (the Second Coming of Christ which will take the Saints of the church and the ones who have already passed on who knew the Lord in their life to Heaven). And I am sure as Hell NOT going to sit under the ministry of a preacher who believes that way. She even had him come back up here to the house to try to get me to go back down there. I'M SICK OF THE CONTROL SHE HAS OVER ME! I CAN'T EVEN BE A FREAKIN' ADULT BECAUSE SHE WON'T GIVE ME THE CHANCE!!!

You want me to lie or tell the truth? I know where their .22 pistol is....

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:34 pm

It looks more that not your mother has control over you but religion.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:26 pm

The Pirate wrote:

Bad question. :facep: :facep:

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

You want me to lie or tell the truth? I know where their .22 pistol is....

Please calm down.

That said, your religious beliefs are your own. You shouldn't have to go to the church of anyone else's choice.

And that's another reason for driving schools. Generally not good to "student-drive" with a close relative. You'll get objective feedback.

These are called boundary issues - they need to be worked out.

Parents can be good roommates/friends, IF they realize that's their role. It doesn't mean you don't love each other; just that they also respect you.

rjm

Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 am

driving permit....church....religion....control parents....grown up man..... .22 ....... apologizing all the time....addiction.....broken relationship.....waning a girlfriend/relationship real bad...... anger control.... :wtf: is going on here....
IMO you need serious help / counseling Tony, from a professional. !!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:42 am

Sun Hero wrote:driving permit....church....religion....control parents....grown up man..... .22 ....... apologizing all the time....addiction.....broken relationship.....waning a girlfriend/relationship real bad...... anger control.... :wtf: is going on here....

Not everyone with disabilities can always be "Inspirational." Sometimes, it's just not easy - not a "feelgood story." Not everyone can smile through it, all the time. It's important to have friends.

You got friends, Tony.

rjm

Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:02 am

rjm wrote:
Sun Hero wrote:driving permit....church....religion....control parents....grown up man..... .22 ....... apologizing all the time....addiction.....broken relationship.....waning a girlfriend/relationship real bad...... anger control.... :wtf: is going on here....

Not everyone with disabilities can always be "Inspirational." Sometimes, it's just not easy - not a "feelgood story." Not everyone can smile through it, all the time. It's important to have friends.

You got friends, Tony.

rjm

I think Tony has friends....and this is not for Tony as a person with a disability, but for Tony as a person.
Reading his old posts....from months ago, there is a pattern with his problems and anger. His parents are a big part in this and also Tony's ex-girlfriend.
I don't think that's friends only can help....a counselor will get to the core of the problem.