Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Elvis Files Magazine (March Issue)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am

Here's a sneak preview of the cover of the third issue of The Elvis Files Magazine. The photo on the front is stunning, I'm sure you'll all agree.

Mag3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The Elvis Files Magazine (March Issue)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 am

It sure is.....looking forward to it

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh Yes! :D

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Opps Garfield...missed your early post. I'd only had one cup of coffee when I posted the same thing (now deleted) and the following comments;

The Elvis Files Volume 1 is almost finished printing and will be shipped in about two weeks. Lots of new photos were added in the last few days. Also Issue 3 of the Magazine is almost done and here's the cover...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 am

I should have an article in 4. This one looks very good.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 am

[quote="Garfield"The photo on the front is stunning, I'm sure you'll all agree.[/quote]

It's a great picture which appears to be from March 7th, 1960 at the Graceland press conference.

1960.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:44 am

I have a few questions about this magazine.

I held back on subscribing only because I already subscribe to Elvis the man and his music and it is expensive enough at $44 a year.

So, it this mag as good as that one?

What is the yearly cost for USA customers?

Is there good articles?

And my fear was they put all the best pics in their books, so that leaves only outtakes to go in the magazine. True or false?
Do they put pics in the mag that already appeared in the books?

Thanks...

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:41 am

Where can i buy this Magazine ?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Go here California Boy
http://www.elvisfiles.no/Elvisfiles.html

I am not sure if i can post it or not so it may be removed or it may not.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Elvis2001.net wrote:Go here California Boy
http://www.elvisfiles.no/Elvisfiles.html

I am not sure if i can post it or not so it may be removed or it may not.

THANK YOU :) i got it

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm

ekenee wrote:I held back on subscribing only because I already subscribe to Elvis the man and his music and it is expensive enough at $44 a year.

So, it this mag as good as that one?

No. I haven't read this one, but I know for a fact that no other Elvis magazine can compete with EMM. This has been the case since 1988, and it will remain that way for another 25 years... at least! I am sure the photo material for The Elvis Files is real good, though. If our man Mike Eder is involved - well, the articles may be interesting too. But as good as EMM? Impossible!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks Keith, I'm glad you like my work. I think these magazines compliment each other because they are different enough for me to enjoy both. I say this quite apart from my personal involvment.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 pm

What I like about the Elvis Files books and the Magazine is that original articles (text) is being used most of the time (together with some background stories here and there), providing proper context. And the fantastic pics ofcouse.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm

I bought the 2nd edition of "The Elvis Files" magazine at the London collectors fair last saturday at a bargain price. Whilst there were quite a few pics in it I hadn't seen before, I felt there were too many 70's concert shots fleshing it out. It is a large size mag though and nicely presented.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:12 pm

From Erik Lorentzen - The Elvis Files Volume 1 and the Elvis Files Magazine Issue 3 is ready to be shipped in a very few days. We are proud to let you know that we have just bought about 100 original publicity shots from September 1956, taken by Hollywood photographer Frank Powolny. This will be printed in the Elvis Files Magazine starting with Issue 3.
Last edited by paulsweeney on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Is this not Issue 4, is this yet another series?

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:16 pm

The Pirate wrote:Is this not Issue 4, is this yet another series?

I guess he means the photos will be in Issue 4 ...duh on me. They are in the current Issue 3!
Last edited by paulsweeney on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Call me an idiot, but I literally only just noticed that these are from Issue 3, the one being shipped soon. It's right there on the front cover.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 pm

You and me both ;-)

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:41 pm

The Pirate wrote:Is this not Issue 4, is this yet another series?

Issue 12 will be out next, followed by issue 7, issue 3, issue 9 etc..... :lol:

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 am

The publicity shots from September 1956 taken by Hollywood photographer Frank Powolny will also be used in Issues 4, 5 and 6 :smt023