Off Topic Messages

Bring Back Dallas - by Justin Lee Collins

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 am

Any fans of Dallas here ? Check out this 2011 special as narrated by Justin Lee. Lot's of fascinating behind the scenes anecdotes such as when Barbara Bel Geddes left the show and was replaced by Donna Reed only to be sacked one year later to bring Barbara back as Miss Ellie. Scroll to 58 minutes. Also includes Tony Reed's version of the sacking. "That's showbusiness" says Larry Hagman.

phpBB [video]

Re: Bring Back Dallas - by Justin Lee Collins

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:06 am

Yeah it was a good show ! i enjoyed all the bring back shows,the A team show stood out for me !!!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:18 am

Justin Lee Collins turned out to be a creep though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19960355

norrie

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:03 pm

I am watching the new version.......prefered it in the 'old' days though;-)

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 pm

norrie wrote:Justin Lee Collins turned out to be a creep though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19960355

norrie

Thanks norrie. I wasn't aware of his dark other side. His programs were never shown in Australia. Collins should get help to deal with the break up of his relationship and then get back to doing more "Bring Back" shows as he's obviously talented and funny.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Justin is a freakin moron. He has a lotta cahunas for chasing down the actors, but a moron, nonetheless.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:The guy doing the pursuing is a freakin moron. He has a lotta cahunas for chasing down the actors, but a moron, nontheless.

:D That's what he was getting paid to do. There was a lot of pressure on him to put together a show for the U.K. television channel.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:36 am

Not sure if you ever got it over in Aus, Rob; but the one on Grange Hill was my favourite in the "Bring Back" series.

It was like catching up with old school friends [man, Zammo has piled on the pounds!].

Great nostalgia, and just the best kids theme music ever [well... after Doctor Who].

phpBB [video]

(Follow the links for parts 2, 3 and 4)

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 am

Don't think we do get the show here, certainly not on any of the mainstream channels. Thanks mate.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 am

Robt wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:The guy doing the pursuing is a freakin moron. He has a lotta cahunas for chasing down the actors, but a moron, nontheless.

:D That's what he was getting paid to do. There was a lot of pressure on him to put together a show for the U.K. television channel.

Asking one of the actors if he's got "wood" in his pants is not exactly professional....definitely on the moronic (and downright odd) side of things, IMO.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:50 am

Yeah your right. Fancy the UK Channel 4 broadcaster paying moronic comedians and women harrasers mega-$$$$$$$ :roll:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:07 am

What happened to Debbie? Didn't she do Dallas?

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 pm

promiseland wrote:What happened to Debbie? Didn't she do Dallas?

She married Hugh Hefner, divorced him, and is now living comfortably off his alimony payments.