Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Rob wrote:You rock!


That's why I'm a legend, baby :wink:

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:12 am

Rock Legend wrote:
Rob wrote:I just ordered the book, Arjan, but I'd like it personally autographed saying I am your best friend in the whole world.

Looking forward to it.


Done, and sealed it with a kiss! :wink:


Things are getting just a tad weird here ... ;-)

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:
Rob wrote:I just ordered the book, Arjan, but I'd like it personally autographed saying I am your best friend in the whole world.

Looking forward to it.


Done, and sealed it with a kiss! :wink:


Things are getting just a tad weird here ... ;-)


Don’t worry, it’s all part of my secret mission to help midnightx escape from Rob’s basement.

midnightx has been listening to ‘My Boy’ virtually non-stop for two months now, so the situation is getting critical.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:06 pm

He is still not ready to be released yet. We still have to cover some Roger Whittaker tunes.

I said shut up down there!

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 pm

For some reason I picture Rob and MidnightX in this scene....(didn't know midnightx is a woman....???)

phpBB [video]

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am

Received the book and it is a fantastic read.The interviews are superb - interesting questions and answers from people who shared the stage with Elvis.Some amazing photos,many new to me make this a must have book and one which i will delve into often.Well done Arjan.

norrie

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:35 am

Sun Hero wrote:For some reason I picture Rob and MidnightX in this scene....(didn't know midnightx is a woman....???

That scene is close. However, he is not in a huge pit. I have him chained in the basement. He cannot move at all. It is quite a comfortable scenario. He is fairly warm. At the moment, he is wearing headphones and listening to Three Corn Patches for the 120th time today. He will be a changed man should I decide to let him return.

Shut up down there! We eat when I say we eat!

He sends his love to all.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 am

Rock Legend wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rock Legend wrote:
Rob wrote:I just ordered the book, Arjan, but I'd like it personally autographed saying I am your best friend in the whole world.

Looking forward to it.


Done, and sealed it with a kiss! :wink:


Things are getting just a tad weird here ... ;-)


Don’t worry, it’s all part of my secret mission to help midnightx escape from Rob’s basement.

midnightx has been listening to ‘My Boy’ virtually non-stop for two months now, so the situation is getting critical.




Have Rob transfer midnightx to my basement dungeon. I'll have him listen to "Mammy Blue" (Roger Whittaker) for 23 hours straight while he's bound & gagged. I will allow bathroom breaks. That's just how I am.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 am

I received this book today. I have not looked at it from cover to cover, but I have seen enough to know that I love it. Great pictures and interviews and very reasonably priced -- not to mention personally autographed. Yes, Arjan, I will be your best friend forever as you have requested in my copy.

Get this book, gang. You will not regret it.

I'm going down to the basement later to show it to midnightx.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Good to hear that you have received the book, Rob. I wasn't sure whether I had spelled 'Arkansas State Penitentiary' correctly.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

A couple of other inmates got ahold of it first and there were some pages stuck together, but other than that everything is fine.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Just saw this post, and I didn't know that you was the author of this book Rock Legend? That is awesome because my friend bought me this book at Christmas, and the bonus cd is quite wonderful with the artwork for the front on the card sleeve. I haven't gone through the whole book, but only read like a couple of interviews you did, but the images are top notch.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I'm glad that the book was able to spread so much joy.

I hope it didn't give you too much discomfort to get it back from the other inmates.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Mac wrote:Just saw this post, and I didn't know that you was the author of this book Rock Legend? That is awesome because my friend bought me this book at Christmas, and the bonus cd is quite wonderful with the artwork for the front on the card sleeve. I haven't gone through the whole book, but only read like a couple of interviews you did, but the images are top notch.


Thank you, Mac!

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am

Rock Legend wrote:I'm glad that the book was able to spread so much joy.

I hope it didn't give you too much discomfort to get it back from the other inmates.


Must remember to keep tuned to HLN for video of the dramatic rescue . . . and they do GREAT trials!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am

norrie wrote:Received the book and it is a fantastic read.The interviews are superb - interesting questions and answers from people who shared the stage with Elvis.Some amazing photos,many new to me make this a must have book and one which i will delve into often.Well done Arjan.

norrie

I've got to agree. It's one of the most worthwhile Elvis books published in recent years.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:52 pm

Steve Morse wrote:I've got to agree. It's one of the most worthwhile Elvis books published in recent years.


Thanks, Steve. I appreciate that.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm

Rock Legend wrote:
Steve Morse wrote:I've got to agree. It's one of the most worthwhile Elvis books published in recent years.


Thanks, Steve. I appreciate that.

You might want to stop acting like a complete ass/prized hypocrite, and acknowledge the source for the Brown Eyed Handsome Man edit that you included on the cd that came with your book.

And you can delete and be as ungracious as you like, enough people are already well aware of what's been going on here.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:22 pm

I think you need to get a serious grip on yourself.

Nobody in the real world cares about 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man', which is obviously owned by Sony and sourced from that. The CD was just a last-moment gift due to the unusual situation surrounding 'I Forgot To Remember To Forget'.

The book is the real meat - and according to all the great reviews and pleased customers, it's a real keeper.

You don't have the book nor the CD, and yet you are making all kinds of assumptions & accusations based on your ignorance and your false sense of self-importance.

You know what, why don't YOU write and produce a work like ELVIS: WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES.

A book like mine is not made out of monetary considerations, I can tell you that - it's a labor of love. And for you to completely discredit my hard work because of your silly assumptions and your inflated ego is way out of line.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Damn the CD. I haven't even listened to it and probably won't. I bought the book and am very glad I did. I lost a little sleep for the first couple of nights because I couldn't put it down. Very nicely done, and in my opinion, worth more than I paid for it.

Atta boy, Rock Legend.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 pm

I don`t have the book,..but I know the guy..he is one of the good guys in the Elvis fan world... ::rocks

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Rock Legend wrote:I think you need to get a serious grip on yourself.

Nobody in the real world cares about 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man', which is obviously owned by Sony and sourced from that. The CD was just a last-moment gift due to the unusual situation surrounding 'I Forgot To Remember To Forget'.

The book is the real meat - and according to all the great reviews and pleased customers, it's a real keeper.

You don't have the book nor the CD, and yet you are making all kinds of assumptions & accusations based on your ignorance and your false sense of self-importance.

You know what, why don't YOU write and produce a work like ELVIS: WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES.

A book like mine is not made out of monetary considerations, I can tell you that - it's a labor of love. And for you to completely discredit my hard work because of your silly assumptions and your inflated ego is way out of line.

"Inflated ego"/"false sense of self-importance"? This from the same person who recently told a member not use a sentence [in their signature] from an interview they apparently did with music icon Sherill Nielson!!!! :lol:

I think it's you who needs to get a grip.

Funny, you were all sweetness and light when you wanted a download link to the Lanza duet I created last year.

Oh, and don't worry, I've heard the BEHM re-edit from your "last-moment gift", and it's the same one I worked on and posted here last year.

You want to start showing the same respect that you demand of others.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

You are totally ignoring what I write.

So you are producing fake duets of Elvis with various people. Good for you. Why don't you go out and produce a real work of merit, instead of your edits and splices that you are so insanely proud of. I did hear the Lanza duet that you sent, but let's be honest, it was a piece of sh*t. You are so afraid of people stealing your 'work' if you want to call it that, but honestly, isn't it really owned by the people who released it in the first place and who own the rights to it, and aren't you just a maggot feeding off of THEIR work? As they say over here, 'A thief believes that everybody steals'. Now you claim that you have the book and the CD, well just yesterday you were still asking about the recording that sooo keeps you awake at night. Really, Ali, get a life. Start a jihad somewhere about something of importance. Tell me, do you think that even ONE person bought it because of 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man'? You are living in La La Land if you do.

You are way out of line to attack me like you do, all over nothing. The CD is just an extra, nothing else. If this hadn't been a last-minute thing, then I would have included parts from my interviews. I have all the interviews I did in excellent sound, and recently allowed ElvisMatters to use my interview with the Sweets for one of their CDs.

You are just trying to draw attention to yourself and elevate yourself by trying to discredit my work, all because of a totally irrelevant track on a free bonus CD. Now I am asking you again, simply: If it's all so easy, then why don't you produce a book like mine?

It's always easy to criticize, but it's a bit harder to put your own balls on the line.

But I guess you just don't have any.

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Knowing Arjan for many...many years now, believe me, his books are a labour of love....quality !!! No doubt!!
Research is thorough and tripple checked. Quality work spanning from the 80's untill now.....printed in TMAHM, Elvis Unlimited, Elvis For Everyone, It's Elvis Time, Elvis Monthly, Essential Elvis , several Rock & Roll magazines etc...etc....
Keep up the good work, Arjan !!!

Re: 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' detailed book review..

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Rock Legend wrote:I did hear the Lanza duet that you sent, but let's be honest, it was a piece of sh*t.

But you said originally "Nice job, thanks!" :(

Rock Legend wrote:...isn't it really owned by the people who released it in the first place and who own the rights to it, and aren't you just a maggot feeding off of THEIR work?

The irony to end all ironies.

Rock Legend wrote:Really, Ali, get a life. Start a jihad somewhere about something of importance.

Interesting that you should bring religion into the equation.

Rock Legend wrote: Tell me, do you think that even ONE person bought it because of 'Brown Eyed Handsome Man'? You are living in La La Land if you do.

That ain't the issue. Nice dodge, though.

Rock Legend wrote:It's always easy to criticize, but it's a bit harder to put your own balls on the line.
But I guess you just don't have any.

Hypocrites like you are the ones with no balls.