Post here your Elvis' pictures

Publicity Shot

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Sorry, no info about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Publicity Shot

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:00 pm

On April 6, 1956 Elvis was back in Los Angeles. Somebody, be it Elvis himself or Hal Wallis, wasn't satisfied with the screen test Elvis did a week earlier and Elvis made a second test. This time he was cast opposite Cynthia Baxter. This screen test is only known by few people, just a colour still from this turned up in the September 8th 1956 issue of TV Guide magazine.
Done at the same time (hes wearing the same outfit) was a musical screen test lip-synching to "Blue Suede Shoes". This piece of film was used in the second volume video "The Great Performances" documentary in 1990.
Later that day Elvis held a joint press conference with Hal Wallis to announce the signing of a contract between Elvis, Wallis and Paramount Pictures. On hand were Colonel Parker and actress Debra Paget.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Thanks for all that information and pictures, hilton. The last 2 ones are new to me.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Very welcome, i'm glad you like the photos :smt006

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:29 pm

My latest discovery ::rocks

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm

claude 91 wrote:My latest discovery ::rocks

Thanks claude 91, here´s the uncropped version. Sorry about the size.
560406-Los Angeles-a03-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Brian's why I found this picture interesting, I had only small, thank you my friend :smt006

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Is this a new photo from this April 1956 photo shoot? I found this in the April 1958 issue of Movie Stars Parade magazine.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:26 pm

The fool wrote:Is this a new photo from this April 1956 photo shoot? I found this in the April 1958 issue of Movie Stars Parade magazine.

Nice spot! The magazine flipped the image, though.

Here's the correct view:

IMG2.jpg

Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15 pm

The fool wrote:Is this a new photo from this April 1956 photo shoot? I found this in the April 1958 issue of Movie Stars Parade magazine.

New to me, thanks so much for posting it.
This makes the 7th shot with the guitar.

Sincerely
Brian

Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Thank you very much for photo, new to me, too :smt007
I found the 7th photo, but it's very small, someone have a better version, please?
Still, i think the 7th photo is the same with Image00044, so i have only 6...

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 am

Yes Cristi, the 7th photo is the same as Image 00044 which is the same as the upper left photo on Image 00041.
Here it is in better quality plus a new image to your collection.
560406-Los Angeles-d02.jpg

560406-Los Angeles-c02-bripet56.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 am

I just got to thinking when I read the text on the image that The fool posted.
Have we dated these photos wrongly??
The text says
on your newsstand March 28

How could the magazine be on the newsstand on March 28 with that photo if the photos were taken on April 6 (as we suspect).
Were the photos actually taken on March 25 when Elvis got out to Hollywood to do his screentest?
But they couldn´t, could they? Would there be enough time to get the magazine pressed if they should wait for the photos and have the mag on newsstands on March 28??

Anybody??

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 am

bripet56 wrote:I just got to thinking when I read the text on the image that The fool posted.
The text says

How could the magazine be on the newsstand on March 28 with that photo if the photos were taken on April 6 (as we suspect).
Were the photos actually taken on March 25 when Elvis got out to Hollywood to do his screentest?
But they couldn´t, could they? Would there be enough time to get the magazine pressed if they should wait for the photos and have the mag on newsstands on March 28??

Anybody??

The fool mentions in his post the ad is from the April 1958 issue of Movie Stars Parade magazine.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
bripet56 wrote:I just got to thinking when I read the text on the image that The fool posted.
The text says

Anybody??

The fool mentions in his post the ad is from the April 1958 issue of Movie Stars Parade magazine.

Man, I gotta read the text properly next time, the issue was to hit the newsstand on March 28 1958, not 1956. :facep: :oops:
Thanks Doc

Sincerely
Brian

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 am

Thank you very much for the photos, Brian, NOW i have 7 shots, too.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:54 am

hilton22000 wrote:Thank you very much for the photos, Brian, NOW i have 7 shots, too.

You´re most welcome my friend.

Sincerely
Brian

Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm

thank you :smt006

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:18 pm

"Inside Loving you"

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:12 pm

::rocks

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:06 pm

Anyone know if any of the formal portraits with the prop guitar were taken in color?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:43 pm

The "7th photo" :D Brian posted earlier, a little bigger and better. From the book Something for Everybody by Joe Russo & Steve Barile.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Anyone know if any of the formal portraits with the prop guitar were taken in color?

I guess we shall assume they were not.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 am

The fool wrote:The "7th photo" :D Brian posted earlier, a little bigger and better. From the book Something for Everybody by Joe Russo & Steve Barile.

Thank you very much for the "7th photo" - i guess this will be the name of this photo :D

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:17 pm

What a great photo session!