Off Topic Messages

Carolyn

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 am

We have not heard from Carolyn since the beginning of the extensive Bundaberg floods'

Begging to wonder if the worst has happen to her home and /workplace

I hope not

Re: Carolyn

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:56 am

I did a search, and she said she was okay, and had found an elderly relative, and it was all quite a mess, but she was okay.

And then, about the next day (which must have been difficult due to the local situation), saw a dust-up here with someone saying they were "leaving," and she said she was, too. Considering all the mess from the floods, perhaps she needed a break to take care of her home and everything, and not have any additional stress.

(If it was anything I said in that thread, my apologies. pmp and I got into a silly little semantics war. And, then I think everything was okay! I mean, I got his book after that. It was free at the time, but I would have bought it!)

All my best wishes,
rjm

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:02 am

Her last post:

"You know what? and I never ever thought I would be saying this, but I'm going as well...There are only 2 or 3 people on this board that are really worth anything. The rest of you are so tied up in your own little worlds to even care what is going on anywhere else. Just a few years ago I had a lot in common with most of you....but all you people seem to care about now is how much space you can take up with your petty little arguments and your oneupmanship.....it seems as though you all think you are smarter than each other....you all seem to think that your opinion is always the right one and I can tell you the longer your posts are, the more boring they become....so that's it from me..."

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:21 am

TJ wrote:Her last post:

"You know what? and I never ever thought I would be saying this, but I'm going as well...There are only 2 or 3 people on this board that are really worth anything. The rest of you are so tied up in your own little worlds to even care what is going on anywhere else. Just a few years ago I had a lot in common with most of you....but all you people seem to care about now is how much space you can take up with your petty little arguments and your oneupmanship.....it seems as though you all think you are smarter than each other....you all seem to think that your opinion is always the right one and I can tell you the longer your posts are, the more boring they become....so that's it from me..."

Oops. People weren't apparently paying attention to the situation down there. Maybe she thought we didn't care: that's not so. I followed it closely on the news, and it was good to hear that she was okay. Should have realized the extreme stress of something like that. I guess it's not fair that if there's a snowstorm here, the whole world media gets itself all worked up, whereas they were in serious trouble, and it didn't get the coverage -- even HERE: on FECC.

:oops:

rjm

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:49 am

Sad news...but I am glad she is ok.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:19 am

I'm sure she'll be back.

Yes, good news she's OK.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Indeed, glad she's ok. Give her some time. I'm sure she'll check in at some point.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

rjm wrote:I did a search, and she said she was okay, and had found an elderly relative, and it was all quite a mess, but she was okay.

And then, about the next day (which must have been difficult due to the local situation), saw a dust-up here with someone saying they were "leaving," and she said she was, too. Considering all the mess from the floods, perhaps she needed a break to take care of her home and everything, and not have any additional stress.

(If it was anything I said in that thread, my apologies. pmp and I got into a silly little semantics war. And, then I think everything was okay! I mean, I got his book after that. It was free at the time, but I would have bought it!)

All my best wishes,
rjm

Thank you for letting us know how she's doing.

Glad to hear she's okay.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:31 pm

I've always liked, Carolyn, she says what she means and you know exactly where you stand with her, so hope she come back soon.

DID YOU HERE THAT, CAROLYN...? US POMY BASTARDS MISS YOU !!!!! :wink: