Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Now the stage is low!

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:53 pm

I think the bottom photo (of the 3) in bripet56's post on May 6 2008 is from Jacksonville (afternoon show). Elvis appears (to me) to be wearing the White Pyramid suit with the yellow cape lining. Maybe even in the 2nd photo too. I'm not sure how that jives with what the MM are wearing. But seeing this photo this morning, that's the first thing I thought of.....Jacksonville. And we have the footage from EOT in the limo ("hot time in Fla....how was the sound"). So we know the cameras were in the limo and coming out of the building...maybe a 3rd (4th) cameraman was at the back stage (hall way) area farther in the building.

my 2 cents

(yes this is a great thread....like an archeological dig)

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:28 pm

k
Last edited by Scott Hayward on Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Scott Hayward, I can't believe you bumped up a two year old post. I forgot I posted this until now :lol:

Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Scott merely bumped it after two months. The real culprit is Renan.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:13 am

Renan, how could you, man?! :wink:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:27 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Renan, how could you, man?! :wink:

Well, I'm doing it again! :smt003

This topic is worth of gold! Great research and information and there are always new members that might learn something new or bring us new information.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

thanks for the bump.

A very informative topic this one!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Brad, if you look really close at Brian's last image.... at the very bottom you can see the top lip of what looks like the Matador suit's belt or buckle. So to me that rules out Jacksonville, as he wore the International Attendance Record belt there. But I could easily see that second image as being from J'ville.... that flash of cape lining looks as gold to me as it does red. :)

Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 pm

I hate to drag up a VERY old post but I believe I have solved the "running to the car" scene in the final sequence of the film!!

From another poster @ TCB-World:

"My limited research shows that Elvis wore the Blue Nail suit on,
April 8th at UOT Stokely Athletic evening show Knoxsville Tennessee...probably it is this date heres a link
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concert...and.php?id=414
also on April 12th Fair Grounds Coliseum Indianapolis, Indiana and also one of the Hampton Roads shows that was filmed."

My Response:

I know he wore the suit during those three occasions BUT the KEY factor is the belt he's wearing. I believe he wore the original belt with the Blue Nail suit at the Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, IN. However, he did wear the alternate White Fireworks belt in Knoxville & Hampton Roads & Jacksonville (ES). Here are some pics (except for the Jacksonville, FL evening show).

The first one is Knoxville, TN on the evening of April 8, 1972 (ironically, a dear friend of mine attended this show and she LOVED it. She's always loved Elvis and she said the show was nothing short of AWESOME!

The second picture is from the escape to the car at the end of EOT. You can just barely see the "White Fireworks" belt on the suit. Also, if you look down to the bottom left you'll see a piece of orange material or something. Now, remember...the aisle/row numbers in the Hampton coliseum are/were ORANGE so....have we solved the "running to the car" footage?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:53 pm

This thread deserves to be brought up from time to time. It was one of the most informative threads on this forum and several people went to a lot of hard work.

Thanks for the reminder, Tony.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes, thanks Tony. I don't know what I was up to 5 years ago, but this is my first look at this detailed thread. As Doc said early on, my brain hurts!

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:49 pm

This is Elvis running past the Buffalo Braves logo painted on the wall inside the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium in 1972. We had a pro basketball team here at the time.

JosephC

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Rob & Paul:

You are very welcome. Ever since we started this thread five years ago, I've tried and tried to find out where that "chase to the car" scene is from - and I hope I've helped to narrow it down a little bit now and I hope that I helped some with the thread five years ago. I also just noticed that they all seem to be running through a GREEN curtain (look at Schilling's hand holding the curtain back). Could that be another piece to this dizzying puzzle?

Here's another question to throw out at ya'll about that scene:

In that same scene, you see a bit of orange in the lower left where Jerry Schilling's hand is...and, remember, the aisle/row numbers in the Hampton Coliseum are/were orange. But, as I've said before in the original post, they key factor is the belt he's wearing and, possibly, the car as well. How often during the April 1972 tour was that green-ish limo/car used? In most other scenes, we see the black 1971 Cadillac sedan.....

I wonder if the Mods would make this a "Sticky" thread? Or...does it deserve being a "Sticky" thread?

JosephC wrote:Image

This is Elvis running past the Buffalo Braves logo painted on the wall inside the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium in 1972. We had a pro basketball team here at the time.

JosephC

JosephC: I realize that. BUT...Elvis has on the ORIGINAL belt for the "Blue Nail" suit. In the final sequence of scenes where he's running to that green car after a show, he has on the "White Fireworks" belt. Two different occasions. And I apologize but I couldn't find any pictures from the Jacksonville, FL evening show anywhere - I know he wore the original belt with the suit at that show, also. I'm trying to find as many photos related to the April tour as I can and I'm putting them in a folder on my computer.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:16 pm

At the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium in 1972 for sure.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 am

Tony Trout wrote:I hate to drag up a VERY old post but I believe I have solved the "running to the car" scene in the final sequence of the film!!

From another poster @ TCB-World:

"My limited research shows that Elvis wore the Blue Nail suit on,
April 8th at UOT Stokely Athletic evening show Knoxsville Tennessee...probably it is this date heres a link
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/concert...and.php?id=414
also on April 12th Fair Grounds Coliseum Indianapolis, Indiana and also one of the Hampton Roads shows that was filmed."

My Response:

I know he wore the suit during those three occasions BUT the KEY factor is the belt he's wearing. I believe he wore the original belt with the Blue Nail suit at the Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, IN. However, he did wear the alternate White Fireworks belt in Knoxville & Hampton Roads & Jacksonville (ES). Here are some pics (except for the Jacksonville, FL evening show).

The first one is Knoxville, TN on the evening of April 8, 1972 (ironically, a dear friend of mine attended this show and she LOVED it. She's always loved Elvis and she said the show was nothing short of AWESOME!

The second picture is from the escape to the car at the end of EOT. You can just barely see the "White Fireworks" belt on the suit. Also, if you look down to the bottom left you'll see a piece of orange material or something. Now, remember...the aisle/row numbers in the Hampton coliseum are/were ORANGE so....have we solved the "running to the car" footage?

Thanks a lot for opening this thread Tony. Man, I miss those discussions we had about the April 1972 tour.

A little correction,
Elvis wore the original belt to the Blue Nail suit on: April 5 in Buffalo and on April 16 in Jacksonville
He wore the White Firework" belt on: April 8 in Knoxville, April 9 in Hampton Roads and April 12 in Indianapolis.

So all April photos with the original belt and the microphone as in the photo below are from Jacksonville.
720416-Jacksonville-eve-c04.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk (new updated website)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:28 pm

JosephC

That´s right Joseph, we solved that mystery in another thread some years ago, I think it was runnning at the same time as this thread.

I just discovered a tiny sequence more from Buffalo that I don´t recall having solved earlier.
There is a few seconds prior to the footage that Tony asked about (the one where Elvis runs through a green curtain).
Here are two screengrabs that shows Elvis just after he left the stage in Buffalo
720405-Buffalo-cd07.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd09.jpg

and then we have this footage showing Elvis just before he reaches the get-away car in Buffalo.
720405-Buffalo-cd12.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd14.jpg

So now we have the entire get-away sequence from Buffalo in place.

I´m making a page for my website about the Buffalo show so be sure to check in to see all the photos in order.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm

bripet56 wrote:

JosephC

That´s right Joseph, we solved that mystery in another thread some years ago, I think it was runnning at the same time as this thread.

I just discovered a tiny sequence more from Buffalo that I don´t recall having solved earlier.
There is a few seconds prior to the footage that Tony asked about (the one where Elvis runs through a green curtain).
Here are two screengrabs that shows Elvis just after he left the stage in Buffalo
720405-Buffalo-cd07.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd09.jpg

and then we have this footage showing Elvis just before he reaches the get-away car in Buffalo.
720405-Buffalo-cd12.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd14.jpg

I´m making a page for my website about the Buffalo show so be sure to check in to see all the photos in order.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Not exactly, Brian. There's that one piece of film footage where he's actually "ducking" into the car and he's got on the "White Foreworks" belt. That's what I want to know the date of.

Also, is the picture below from the Jacksonville, FL evening show on April 16, 1972? Look at the sideburns and hair. They both look like they could/would be from that date.

(GOD, I LOVE THIS THREAD!)

Elvis On Tour 333.jpg
::rocks ::rocks

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
bripet56 wrote:

JosephC

720405-Buffalo-cd07.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd09.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd12.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd14.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Not exactly, Brian. There's that one piece of film footage where he's actually "ducking" into the car and he's got on the "White Foreworks" belt. That's what I want to know the date of.

Also, is the picture below from the Jacksonville, FL evening show on April 16, 1972? Look at the sideburns and hair. They both look like they could/would be from that date.

Elvis On Tour 333.jpg

Yes Tony, that photo is from Jacksonville.

OK, I think I´m with you now. I´ve just taken a quick glimpse on On Tour but will give it a more thorough look later.
At the end of On Tour we see the closing vamp from (what I believe) is from Hampton Roads, then we see Elvis run through the curtain in Buffalo and then it switches to where Elvis along with a horde of policemen and his bodyguards run to the waiting car and dugs into it. Here Elvis wears the White Fireworks belt.
However, this is NOT the same car we then see drive away. That footage is from Buffalo. You can see Elvis through the back window still wearing the red towel he got when he ran to the car in Buffalo. He didn´t wear any towel when he dug into the car in the footage you inquire about.

I´ll be back in an hour or two.

(Man, I+m glad you brought some life in this thread again :lol: )

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:18 pm

bripet56 wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
bripet56 wrote:

JosephC

720405-Buffalo-cd07.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd09.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd12.jpg

720405-Buffalo-cd14.jpg

Sincerely
Brian

Elvis On Tour 333.jpg

Yes Tony, that photo is from Jacksonville.

OK, I think I´m with you now. I´ve just taken a quick glimpse on On Tour but will give it a more thorough look later.
At the end of On Tour we see the closing vamp from (what I believe) is from Hampton Roads, then we see Elvis run through the curtain in Buffalo and then it switches to where Elvis along with a horde of policemen and his bodyguards run to the waiting car and dugs into it. Here Elvis wears the White Fireworks belt.
However, this is NOT the same car we then see drive away. That footage is from Buffalo. You can see Elvis through the back window still wearing the red towel he got when he ran to the car in Buffalo. He didn´t wear any towel when he dug into the car in the footage you inquire about.

I´ll be back in an hour or two.

(Man, I+m glad you brought some life in this thread again :lol: )

Sincerely
Brian

You're VERY welcome and it's DEFINITELY my pleasure 'coz EOT is my VERY favorite film/documentary (if I had to pick between it and TTWII).

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Well Tony, took me a little more than a couple hours to get back but I have not forgotten the On Tour footage.

What we´re trying to date is the footage in the photos below and it has to be from one of the following venues due to the White Fireworks belt:
April 8, Hampton Roads, Va.
April 9, Knoxville, Tn.
April 12, Indianapolis, In.
Image01.jpg

Image02.jpg

Unfortunately we don´t have much info on what his bodyguards wore on those three dates so it´s no easy task. I´ve tried to look at the police uniforms but I couldn´t find anything on the internet to match them.
Anybody out there who´s knowledgeable about police uniforms??

I believe we have dated the one below as Knoxville and if we look at the bodyguards they do wear some of the same clothes but not the exact same. Did Sonny and Red put on new jackets for the evening show?
And Dick would have had to change all his clothes. I don´t believe so. I think we can rule out Knoxville.
Image03.jpg

Now take a look at the photo below from Hampton Roads. The police uniforms don´t look like anything in the footage so can we rule out Hampton Roads as well?
Image04.jpg

So, with both Knoxville and Hampton Roads ruled out I find myself with only Indianapolis left.

What are your thoughts on my conclusion?

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:35 am

This is my first look at this thread. It is a wonderful read with many outstanding pics. Thank you to all who invested great amounts of time and energy on this thread. I appreciate all that each of you has done.

rlj

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 am

Hey all - had to come back in to comment on this - one of my favourite ever threads, and one I was proud to contribute to!

Brian - you talk about the police uniform being different, but if you look to the far right of the photo you posted, you see a cop wearing the same uniform as in the other Hampton Roads photos. Perhaps the cop in the darker shirt / lighter tie is an officer, or part of a different team, but it's not conclusive. Is there any sight of Charlie in the footage of Elvis running to the car - that might help us determine the date, as the band wore blue in Indianapolis, black at Hampton Roads and maybe something different in Knoxville?

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:04 am

Here's a photo from Fransesc's site, one of a series from Indianapolis, and you can see the police lining the stage, and it looks like they have dark blue lapels on their shirt pockets. I don't see anything like this in the running to the limo footage at all, so perhaps we can rule out Indianapolis completely?

Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Good to have you back on this thread DarrylMac. Another set of eyes and inputs are always appreciated.

I see what you mean about the police uniform. I guess I concentrated too much on the policemen in the front.
Unfortunately Charlie wasn´t in the get-away gang so we can´t know which colour suits the band wore (in Knoxvile they wore white)

In Hampton Roads Elvis entered the stage from the right side but the get-away footage show the entire horde of policemen, bodyguards and Elvis coming from the left side.
Wouldn´t that be odd?

Yeah, I know the photo from Indianapolis with the policemen in front of the stage. Although they´re not the same colour as the ones in the get-away footage they do have that lapel on their shirts although they´re dark on light uniforms as opposed to light lapels on dark uniforms.

Man, this is a tricky one but we´ll nail it sooner or later.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Don't you guys just adore me now for bringing back this GREAT thread? *pats self on back*

BTW, to add one more thing....just before Elvis exits the stage in that famous photo where he's holding his arms up with the cape spread wide, Charlie can be seen standing beside him. Now, is that from Hampton Roads or Buffalo? Charlie has on a dark outfit.

BTW, I appreciate you guys trying to still help me figure out the date of the chase to the car...it's much appreciated.

EDIT: Brian, that photo you posted of the guys and Elvis going up the steps is, in fact, from Knoxville, TN on the afternoon of April 8, 1972. I just think that the wind messed Elvis's hair up from the time he left the hotel to the time he reached the Stokely Athletic Center.