Off Topic Messages

Circle G Ranch

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Hi all. I'm off to Memphis (and a few other places in the USA) next month and have nearly got all of my Elvis itinerary sorted. The one place I'm not sure about is the Circle G. Has anyone visited it or tried to visit it lately? Does anyone know if its even possible? I would like to see a bit of it but dont want to waste time driving around looking for it only to find a brick wall and a locked gate. Is there anything to see at all? Thanks for any info you could give. :smt001

Re: Circle G Ranch

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

I went there in 07 when it was a flower shop and we were allowed to have a good look around.

Since then, I think the shop has closed and there were plans for some sort of commercial development so I don't know what it's like these days. There was a campaign going a couple of years ago to turn the site into an Elvis attraction, but I think the organisers struggled to get enough support.

Hope you enjoy Memphis!

Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:13 am

It's worth a look if you're interested. It isn't far from Graceland, and many of us would love to get an update on the grounds and such. Enjoy your visit!

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 am

There still is an active campaign to restore it, and to also offer community services. They don't have the money yet.

But they are trying.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks all. I will certainly drive out there and see whatever there is to be seen. I just wasn't sure whether or not its possible to get onto the property and see the bridge, cross etc. If its in private hands I would guess that would not be allowed. If I get any pictures I'll be sure to post them. :D