Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: If I'd had input on MSG album

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Rob wrote:I am thanking you for the way you responded. r&b's world-weary posts get tiresome.

I normally skip over them.

Of course all topics are old, so skip mine as you feel to do, but this topic seems so trivial on one of Elvis' major 70's events, I commented the way I did. Sorry, but the Garden concerts are fine as they are.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:18 pm

r&b wrote:Sorry, but the Garden concerts are fine as they are.

I agree with this. They are among my favorite shows.

It probably would have helped if you would have responded with this answer previously.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Rob wrote:
r&b wrote:Sorry, but the Garden concerts are fine as they are.

I agree with this. They are among my favorite shows.

It probably would have helped if you would have responded with this answer previously.

Yes I understand. Sometimes I shoot too fast.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:39 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
George Smith wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:"Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden" was the first album of the King, that featured an (almost) complete concert. The only thing I would have changed was the speed of the recording. On the album the show was running a tad too fast to make it fit on one record. It was corrected later (on MC and CD), but still I cannot understand why Elvis approved such a release.

Unless I've missed some recent development, I believe it has long been established that the original LP and all subsequent releases run at 100% perfect speed.
The myth of the speeding-up comes from a well-intentioned but incorrect Ronnie Tutt quote.

You didn't miss anything... you are correct.

Yes -- it is irksome to keep seeing this rumour perpetuated as fact. Oh well.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:03 pm

George Smith wrote:
A. C. van Kuijk wrote:"Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden" was the first album of the King, that featured an (almost) complete concert. The only thing I would have changed was the speed of the recording. On the album the show was running a tad too fast to make it fit on one record. It was corrected later (on MC and CD), but still I cannot understand why Elvis approved such a release.

Unless I've missed some recent development, I believe it has long been established that the original LP and all subsequent releases run at 100% perfect speed.

The concert is speeded up and and Until It's Time For You To Go and Blue Suede Shoes were edited out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 am

stevelecher wrote:
George Smith wrote:

The concert is speeded up and and Until It's Time For You To Go and Blue Suede Shoes were edited out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You forgot the encore performances of Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Big Hunk O' Love, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Burning Love, and Mystery Train/Tiger Man... :shock:

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 am

ML4EP wrote:
stevelecher wrote:
George Smith wrote:

You forgot the encore performances of Lawdy Miss Clawdy, Big Hunk O' Love, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Burning Love, and Mystery Train/Tiger Man... :shock:

Don't forget the 1972 pool-side interview from the New York Hotel too.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:47 pm

fg76 wrote:
ML4EP wrote:
stevelecher wrote:
George Smith wrote:

No, no...that was at the Hawaiian Hilton during the week of rehearsal's for Aloha From Hawaii. Gregory Peck did an interview on Sunday afternoon after the final MSG performance from the observation deck of the Empire State Building. That was the whole reason the Saturday evening show was "sped up" so that Elvis could get back to the New York Hilton for the post performance cocktail party he was hosting and to iron out the topics to be covered during the interview with Gregory Peck. :lol:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:58 am

ML4EP wrote:
fg76 wrote:
ML4EP wrote:
stevelecher wrote:
George Smith wrote:

No, no...that was at the Hawaiian Hilton during the week of rehearsal's for Aloha From Hawaii. Gregory Peck did an interview on Sunday afternoon after the final MSG performance from the observation deck of the Empire State Building. That was the whole reason the Saturday evening show was "sped up" so that Elvis could get back to the New York Hilton for the post performance cocktail party he was hosting and to iron out the topics to be covered during the interview with Gregory Peck. :lol:

When is the Jack Lord interview coming out.