Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z83MYFG3mds
Would this home movie be from the same weekend? I think so.

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 pm

douglasvcampos wrote:
phpBB [video]


Would this home movie be from the same weekend? I think so.


Yes, it's footage from Saturday, 4-20-1957 at Sam Phillips' home ... originally seen in 1981's "This Is Elvis." It was made by Chuck Staley.

Chuck Staley recalls:
"Elvis was late arriving and was very apologetic about being late. As we stood by the pool table he quietly told me that he had a boil on his waist and his belt rubbed on it and it hurt like hell, so he had stopped by the doctor's to get some pain pills. He said the Cigarillo helped take the pain off his mind. When the others in the room saw the cigarillo, they all wanted to puff on it."

See -->
Did Elvis Smoke Cigarettes? More 50's photos
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46843&p=650112&#p650112

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
douglasvcampos wrote:
phpBB [video]


Would this home movie be from the same weekend? I think so.


Yes, it's footage from Saturday, 4-20-1957 at Sam Phillips' home ... originally seen in 1981's "This Is Elvis." It was made by Chuck Staley.

Chuck Staley recalls:
"Elvis was late arriving and was very apologetic about being late. As we stood by the pool table he quietly told me that he had a boil on his waist and his belt rubbed on it and it hurt like hell, so he had stopped by the doctor's to get some pain pills. He said the Cigarillo helped take the pain off his mind. When the others in the room saw the cigarillo, they all wanted to puff on it."

See -->
Did Elvis Smoke Cigarettes? More 50's photos
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46843&p=650112&#p650112


Thanks a lot, doc!
:D

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:57 pm

Any time.

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:41 am

Is this a new photo? From the 1969 magazine Elvis & Tom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 am

It's not new, but much better than mine. Thank you very much, and here's an alternate (well-known)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:53 pm

As president of the "Yvonne Lime Appreciation Society", I'm delighted to add another photo to this wonderful thread.

Thanks to everybody who has contributed so far. Yvonne deserves it.

570419 b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 pm

[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Thanks Mister Moon

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Re: April 19th '57 Candid (Att. Brian)!

Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 pm

keninlincs wrote:Thanks Mister Moon

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon


Glad you liked it, Ken. I'm sorry about that annoying lettering.

In all fairness, the photo can be seen in cropped form as part of the great article posted by The fool on page 1 of this same thread.