Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Making fun of Elvis by the ignorant Nobody's!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 am

Reading a sports story, and some A-hole has to ignorantly make fun of Elvis' karate!!!?? And then of course you have some of the peeps chiming in, you know the everyday man out there chuckling about Elvis' karate prowess! It's one thing just to be Elvis, but then to get to the level of karate that he got to, and you have all of these ignorant nobody's (including readers and youtube responders) spouting off like the big "tough guys and studs" that they are, well I'm just sick of this kind of crap!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... --mlb.html

"I imagine karate lessons with Piazza to be like they must have been with Elvis Presley:"- That is an insult!!! :roll:

If any baseball writer is going to write about Elvis and a baseball player, this guy is the one that you are going to compare him to, tough as nails and a heart as big as Texas, (pardon the pun!) and you don't mess with the Elvis or Ryan Express!!!!!

The last picture is from a game where Nolan got hit by a Bo Jackson line drive that bounced up and hit Nolan on the mouth, but he refused to come out of the game, and ended up winning. Bo asked for the bloody jersey autographed, but Nolan autographed a clean one instead!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ian on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Making fun of Elvis by the ignorant Nobody's!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:52 am

Are you gonna open up a can of this?

Go easy on 'em, big fella.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 am

ian wrote:Reading a sports story, and some A-hole has to ignorantly make fun of Elvis' karate!!!?? And then of course you have some of the peeps chiming in, you know the everyday man out there chuckling about Elvis' karate prowess! It's one thing just to be Elvis, but then to get to the level of karate that he got to, and you have all of these ignorant nobody's (including readers and youtube responders) spouting off like the big "tough guys and studs" that they are, well I'm just sick of this kind of crap!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... --mlb.html

There used to be a radio talk show host here in Denver who would regularly say that Elvis used to crap the bed and then blame it on whatever girl he was with. I don't mind a little fun made at Elvis and most of the time I will laugh right along with them but stuff like this makes me mad. Marty Lacker has said that Elvis wasn't bad at Karate and was probably a legitimate black belt but no way was he really an 8th degree black belt. He got that just because he was Elvis.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 am

Elvis was the first one to fuse country, rythm n blues and gospel with karate. Maybe someday also the ignorant will understand his legacy.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 am

ignorant Nobody's!

More comedy gold.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:18 am

It's long been conceded that Elvis was probably a legit black belt, no surprise he spent years studying it. It's just the master thing the karate purists have trouble with. I also think Elvis' karate is belittled is because he continued to do the moves or attempt to do them long after his physical stature had declined thus making him look less skilled than he truly was at his peak.

Elvis was actually a fairly important figure in popularizing martial arts. He was doing it before the movies became big hits and he incorporated it into his stage show, which was pretty cool.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 am

Yea, and he could ride the 'wall of death' too.. Amazing. It was in Girl Happy I think.

No, hang on, it was Roustabout. Vroooom!

Eeeaeeaeaeaggghhh! (that's the doppler effect - not me being sick)

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:24 am

Before Elvis, karate was nothing.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 am

Ah, what would FECC be without refutations and mockery of arguments no one actually made? It takes real courage and intelligence.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:30 am

ian wrote:Reading a sports story, and some A-hole has to ignorantly make fun of Elvis' karate!!!?? And then of course you have some of the peeps chiming in, you know the everyday man out there chuckling about Elvis' karate prowess! It's one thing just to be Elvis, but then to get to the level of karate that he got to, and you have all of these ignorant nobody's (including readers and youtube responders) spouting off like the big "tough guys and studs" that they are, well I'm just sick of this kind of crap!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/did-mike-piazza-revenge-against-roger-clemens-karate-174446917--mlb.html

Um ...

As is so often the case, ian, you are confused, and overreacting.

It appears no one actually read the article in question, written by David Brown of Yahoo Sports, which looks at an upcoming autobiography by baseball catcher Mike Piazza.

Brown is not making fun of Elvis; rather, he's using a karate clip from "This Is Elvis" to be funny about a potential baseball dust-up from years ago, between Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens:

Based on how the excerpt is written, it's hard to say if Piazza actually took the karate lessons or he simply considered taking them, though he claims to have been ready to fight. Regardless, the image of Piazza using some half-learned martial arts on Roger Clemens in the middle of the World Series is the only thing that would have made the broken-bat moment more surreal. I imagine karate lessons with Piazza to be like they must have been with Elvis Presley:

phpBB [video]

TCB, man!

Only a hyper-sensitive fan would get so worked up over nothing.

As for the rest of you -- read with care, it saves time in the long run. ;-)

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

Right.

The article had nothing to do with Elvis.

I read the comments below and only a couple people mentioned Elvis in that section.

The worst thing they said was Elvis sucked at katate and another person said he might've been overrated at it.

That's not that bad it's like a typical discussion on FECC whenever we discuss how good Elvis was at karate.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:48 am

Scotty, Bill and D.J. may have been the only group in the world led by an ass, but TCB-band was the only group led by a mawashi-geri.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/did-mike-piazza-revenge-against-roger-clemens-karate-174446917--mlb.html

Um ...

As is so often the case, ian, you are confused, and overreacting.

It appears no one actually read the article in question, written by David Brown of Yahoo Sports, which looks at an upcoming autobiography by baseball catcher Mike Piazza.

Brown is not making fun of Elvis; rather, he's using a karate clip from "This Is Elvis" to be funny about a potential baseball dust-up from years ago, between Mike Piazza and Roger Clemens:

Based on how the excerpt is written, it's hard to say if Piazza actually took the karate lessons or he simply considered taking them, though he claims to have been ready to fight. Regardless, the image of Piazza using some half-learned martial arts on Roger Clemens in the middle of the World Series is the only thing that would have made the broken-bat moment more surreal. I imagine karate lessons with Piazza to be like they must have been with Elvis Presley:

phpBB [video]

TCB, man!

Only a hyper-sensitive fan would get so worked up over nothing.

As for the rest of you -- read with care, it saves time in the long run. ;-)

Maybe I'm so sensitive towards Elvis being insulted, from reading so many of the wonderful comments made by "people" on this board! 8) It's great to have a level head like you to make everything clear though! :roll:

"I imagine karate lessons with Piazza to be like they must have been with Elvis Presley:"- That is an insult!!!

If any baseball writer is going to write about Elvis and a baseball player, this guy is the one that you are going to compare him to, tough as nails and a heart as big as Texas, (pardon the pun!) and you don't mess with the Elvis or Ryan Express!!!!! 8)

The last picture is from a game where Nolan got hit by a Bo Jackson line drive that bounced up and hit Nolan on the mouth, but he refused to come out of the game, and ended up winning. Bo asked for the bloody jersey autographed, but Nolan autographed a clean one!!! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ian on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:13 pm

ian wrote: It's great to have a level head like you to make everything clear though!

Thanks.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Matthew wrote:Before Elvis, karate was nothing.

That made me laugh !

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Im sure Elvis was a legitimate black belt, which he probably attained in the 60's and I am also sure he was not a legitimate 8th degree black belt which takes years. That is a master and you would have to devote most of your waking hours to the soprt. You really think Elvis did that in the 70's? Cmon!