Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Last Live American Trilogy

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 pm

phpBB [video]

Its beautiful, Altough elvis made a mistake after the trumpet solo (Which i carefully edited out here), Its still remains a strong and beautiful version, I Still hope FTD someday finds the soundboard of this show, And add it to a cd either as bonus or as full concert. What do you guys think?.. I think Elvis could still pull it off.

Re: The Last Live American Trilogy

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Since this is edited, it is not a true rendition of the song. He did not pull it off. However, it's nothing a little rehearsal couldn't fix.

If he could only be bothered.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 pm

[/b]
Elvis performed American Trilogy the very last time at Mobile Alabama on June 2nd 1977.

It seemed a strange choice of song since he did surprise songs
such as The Wonder Of You , Big Boss Man on latter shows during his career -
His voice seems strong and up for this song.

During his latter part of his career and
life he tended to joke around this song - having done
this many times during the early 70s -Mid 70's

[/b]
.......................................................................................
Ty Johnny 2523 for the song and link - Lovn It Buddy - Its Gr8 - ::rocks :smt006 :smt007
......................................................................................................................................
::rocks :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by karlos on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Rob wrote:Since this is edited, it is not a true rendition of the song. He did not pull it off. However, it's nothing a little rehearsal couldn't fix.

If i left in the mistake, People would complain about that. So either could have left it unedited, or edit it. I chose the last one

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Rob wrote:Since this is edited, it is not a true rendition of the song. He did not pull it off. However, it's nothing a little rehearsal couldn't fix.

If i left in the mistake, People would complain about that. So either could have left it unedited, or edit it. I chose the last one

that is fine with me, you did a good job.

i have another favorite version of a song which in my opinion elvis never sang better than on 21-06-77. it´s "i really don´t want to know". the moment he starts the song with "oooooh hoooowwwww....many arms.....have held you" is unbelievable to my ears.

well, even if most of you will probably not agree: i believe that elvis could still give certain songs a treatment that nobody else could - in those "last days".

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:56 pm

I Really Don't Want To Know is definitely a bright spot during a dark period.

And I agree with you about that first line.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

karlos wrote:[/b]
[b]Elvis performed American Trilogy the very last time at Mobile Alabama on June 2nd 1977.

You have the set lists for these shows... karlos..?

Springfield 6/17/77, ES
Sioux Falls 6/22/77, ES

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Were there afternoon shows on those days?

Has anyone heard them?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Its beautiful, Altough elvis made a mistake after the trumpet solo (Which i carefully edited out here), Its still remains a strong and beautiful version, I Still hope FTD someday finds the soundboard of this show, And add it to a cd either as bonus or as full concert. What do you guys think?.. I think Elvis could still pull it off.

Editing out the flaws does not disguise how far the bar had dropped by 1977. You are deceiving yourself -- and other fans -- calling this a "beautiful version."

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:24 pm

Rob wrote:Were there afternoon shows on those days?

Has anyone heard them?

Good point. All 59 scheduled shows in 1977 were in the evening. There is no reason to add "ES" to any of the dates.

I've tried to explain this before, but it must be too conceptual to understand. ;-)
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Good point. All 59 shows in 1977 were in the evening.

55 shows were in the evening....John....4 were cancelled but they were supposed to be performed
in the evening as well.. :wink:...

Since I got questions about daytime I always add AS or ES..
not everybody knows all...and not everybody knows the fact that September 6, 1976 was the last AS
in Elvis`career.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Ciscoking wrote:55 shows were in the ES....John....4 were cancelled but they were supposed to be performed
in the ES as well.. :wink:

I enhanced my original reply for you....Joachim. :wink:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:55 shows were in the ES....John....4 were cancelled but they were supposed to be performed

Thank you very much, John..now it is absolutely correct... :wink:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:36 pm

The main thing is ... did you get Rob's point, Joachim?

I've tried before, and it didn't take. ;-)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

We are one happy winking family :wink:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
phpBB [video]

Editing out the flaws does not disguise how far the bar had dropped by 1977. You are deceiving yourself -- and other fans -- calling this a "beautiful version."

Ah don't you love to put down people who actually enjoy 1977 concerts.
I Dont deseive anyone, Most people know elvis made that mistake, I Edited it out for people so they dont get distracted from the song doc, This is indeed a beautiful version, Okay so elvis made that mistake after the trumpet solo?, He nonetheless gave a beautiful version of this song!, U got no right to put me down.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:The main thing is ... did you get Rob's point, Joachim?

I've tried before, and it didn't take. ;-)

Sure..John..

Given that I had just written 6/17/77..I am sure within the next few days I would have gotten an e-mail by a member
of the gang asking whether it was an AS or an ES".. :lol: ..so it`s just a habit....and seriously..not everyone knows about
the last AS being September 6, 1976..Stein Erik Skar adds the daytime to every concert, too in his book "The Concert Years",..btw... :wink:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

Just for some perspective, he really should have been in a hospital rather than even thinking about being bothered with rehearsals or concerts.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 am

I have a question... is that June 17 show an afternoon or an evening show? :shock:
I thought I better slip that in before someone else asked... :P

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 am

WildStyle wrote:

Just for some perspective, he really should have been in a hospital rather than even thinking about being bothered with rehearsals or concerts.

No disagreements here.

But "what ifs" are depressing.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:58 am

It's a lot better than most 1977 versions of Bridge. It's too bad he lost his way because otherwise he did do a serviceable version of this song and it doesn't make me wince like parts of Bridge did in 1977.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 am

Even with the mistake and restart, I have always thought this was a decent version of An American Trilogy.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Editing out the flaws does not disguise how far the bar had dropped by 1977. You are deceiving yourself -- and other fans -- calling this a "beautiful version."

Ah don't you love to put down people who actually enjoy 1977 concerts.
I Dont deseive anyone, Most people know elvis made that mistake, I Edited it out for people so they dont get distracted from the song doc, This is indeed a beautiful version, Okay so elvis made that mistake after the trumpet solo?, He nonetheless gave a beautiful version of this song!, U got no right to put me down.

I didn't.

The problem with posting a reality check regarding Elvis in 1977 is getting a defensive response like yours.

It is you who asked for thoughts on this video.

Unfortunately, the truth matters, and if what I wrote hurts you, I am sorry. But it is the truth.

Thanks.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 am

Thank you for your effort and the presentation. It is appreciated. As for me, I liked this version and Elvis' performance of this given the state of his health at that time. His voice sounds pretty good, relatively speaking. With or without the error, I like it. Thanks again.

rlj

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 am

Jambalaya wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

that is fine with me, you did a good job.

i have another favorite version of a song which in my opinion elvis never sang better than on 21-06-77. it´s "i really don´t want to know". the moment he starts the song with "oooooh hoooowwwww....many arms.....have held you" is unbelievable to my ears.

well, even if most of you will probably not agree: i believe that elvis could still give certain songs a treatment that nobody else could - in those "last days".

Right on!!!!! 8)