Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 2 new ftd books

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:19 am

It all sounds like no one could make their mind what to include.
It's easy, just include what was announced.
That pretty much will settle it.
If they don't ....I'm out.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:45 am

Awesome! Then you're in! You'll be getting exactly what was announced:

Following the success of WELCOME HOME ELVIS and FROM MEMPHIS TO HOLLYWOOD, Flaming Star productions will release SUMMER OF ’61 in April of this year. The focus is on the summer months of 1961, with the main focus on the making of the movie FOLLOW THAT DREAM filmed on location in Florida in the months July and August 1961.
The book presents original newspaper articles, new exclusive interviews from the cast, the crew, and local residents, and also details about scenes deleted from the final print. The book includes over 200 stunning unpublished photos taken from the original negatives + a CD (detail about the accompanying disc will be provided as soon as possible).

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:52 am

book_summer_of_61_cover_display%202.jpg

One small thing, wouldn't "THE CD" make more sense in light of "THE BOOK"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:31 am

robg-1, why aren't you respecting the request to shut the f' up?

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:45 am

robg wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:"Come on Doc can't you come up with nothing better yourself?"

Heaven knows, I try my best. ;-)

::rocks

There is a big difference between trying your best and being trying, but it’s so nice Doc the way that take you’re your little puppet under your wing.

You have not done anything here to explain the reason for the DVD announcement on the back cover and why it’s changed, you are far too busy with this being a mock cover, there is no one disputing that, the question asked is why the u turn on contents, and yes things change all the time, again no one disputes that, but when its posted by mistake or not, it would be nice to know why the DVD will no longer be included.

But again the information is there if you talk to the right people, and thankfully Doc/Matt you are neither.

And yes Doc/Matt I am still on holiday/banned for a couple days yet?? :facep: :oops:
You keep taking your meds, also here in UK you can now legally marry so feel free Doc & Matthew come on over for a holiday and tie the knot. :smt002 :oops: :smt005 :smt006

WTF???

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 am

JerryNodak wrote:
robg wrote:There is a big difference between trying your best and being trying, but it’s so nice Doc the way that take you’re your little puppet under your wing.

You have not done anything here to explain the reason for the DVD announcement on the back cover and why it’s changed, you are far too busy with this being a mock cover, there is no one disputing that, the question asked is why the u turn on contents, and yes things change all the time, again no one disputes that, but when its posted by mistake or not, it would be nice to know why the DVD will no longer be included.

But again the information is there if you talk to the right people, and thankfully Doc/Matt you are neither.

And yes Doc/Matt I am still on holiday/banned for a couple days yet?? :facep: :oops:
You keep taking your meds, also here in UK you can now legally marry so feel free Doc & Matthew come on over for a holiday and tie the knot. :smt002 :oops: :smt005 :smt006

WTF???

Indeed. ;-)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:33 am

Your constant need to resort to sexualised one-liners reveals a lot about your character, both your homophobic tendencies and obvious lack of personal development beyond your school-yard days. It also serves to reduce the value of your opinions. Your voice is small.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 am

Matthew wrote:Your constant need to resort to sexualised one-liners reveals a lot about your character, both your homophobic tendencies and obvious lack of personal development beyond your school-yard days. It also serves to reduce the value of your opinions. Your voice is small.

It's probably not the only thing that's small. ;-)

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:10 pm

Fact: the image is a mock-up. Yes it is now because the DVD details will have to be wiped out and this could mean a complete redesign and not just an alteration.
Fact: there has never been any official announcement of a DVD. Not in the written annoncement but there was on the rear cover art which you continuously failed to see. Otherwise we could have been seeing a Mis-representation of product here.
Fact: the release date is listed as April 2013. Err...Yes the release date is April 2013 but that was never an issue was it. I think your grasping at straws with this one.
[/quote]

Front Cover for the book.

DavideAttachments
Hi - that was early version, as you can appreciate, contents, art work and layout are constantly being updated.

Thanks
Davide

Hi David
It's disappointing news about the DVD but thanks for posting the updated image of the front cover for the book. The only difference I can spot from the previous front cover art is that Ernst Jørgensen name has now been removed from the spine. Does that mean that Ernst has now distance himself from this project or had no involvement at all except for sanctioning this as an FTD release. Also can't wait to see the rear cover art and the CD contents.

Garry

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

garry100 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Fact: there has never been any official announcement of a DVD.
Not in the written annoncement ...

It appears I am getting through. ;-)

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:09 pm

garry100 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fact: there has never been any official announcement of a DVD.Not in the written annoncement ...

It appears I am getting through.

Yawn :)

So this is where I am going leave this issue as I like your good-self will enjoy Summer of 61 regardess of extras.

Anyway lets move on.

I have found this link to Alan Simpson's book which I posted on another thread but it seems to have got buried.

http://elvisthebestofbritish.co.uk/#/th ... ook-disc1/

Yes it pre-ftd involvment but there's more of a preview of his book to look at.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

garry100 wrote:
garry100 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fact: there has never been any official announcement of a DVD.Not in the written annoncement ...

It appears I am getting through.

Yawn :)

Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep every night and you'll be OK. ;-)

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm

robg wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Matthew wrote:"Come on Doc can't you come up with nothing better yourself?"

Heaven knows, I try my best. ;-)

::rocks

There is a big difference between trying your best and being trying, but it’s so nice Doc the way that take you’re your little puppet under your wing.

Don't encourage them; this country is already full up, with a million more Romainians and Bulgarians expected in 2014!! :x

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:04 pm

robg wrote:My e-mail to Ernst (only the bit relevant to this subject):

Anyway can you answer this question on a totally different subject:
the Book Summer of ‘61 on the mock up back cover it states a DVD now David English has announced no DVD?
can you set the record straight regarding this was a DVD planed, and if so why was it changed?
and is there any news on what the next FTD CD releases will be.
Thanks again for your time

You sent that to a man whose first language isn't English?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

I am not disappointed that there is not a DVD with this release as I knew there wouldn't be one anyway. FTD is never going to release DVD material I'm afraid.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 pm

This DVD would be a tease anyway, a few moments of unseen footage that you would have to pay a fortune for because of the book & Cd that would go with it. I would have passed on it anyway. We need a professional job done on Elvis. Why cant a proper DVD Anthology set be done on Elvis (and not by the MM or Tunzi!) as was done by The Beatles almost 20 years ago!! Their whole career was in that DVD package. Pretty soon no one will care. Soon I may not.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Believe me, you DON'T want an anthology set like the Beatles.
They cut in and out of live performances all thru the thing.
I have the set and I like the beatles, but I want un-edted footage not choppy footage with voice overs and edits.

I want a true anthology set without all the story telling. We have had story telling documentaries for ions. Just want Elvis chronologically presented.

No voice overs.
No banners.
No edits.
No blank screen.
Just Elvis chronologically presented.

That's my idea a real anthology.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:17 pm

ekenee wrote:Believe me, you DON'T want an anthology set like the Beatles.
I have the set and I like the beatles, but I want un-edted footage not choppy footage with voice overs and edits.

I want a true anthology set without all the story telling. We have had story telling documentaries for ions. Just want Elvis chronologically presented.

No voice overs.
No banners.
No edits.
No blank screen.

Well thats a matter of taste, but I like The Beatles Anthology mostly because it was done chronologically and told the story of their career mostly by them. Choppy footage is to be expected, otherwise the thing would be 20 volumes with full length songs. I just want the thing to be done professionally. Elvis By The Presleys was awful in my opinion and thats the closest thing we got. The Memphis Mafia was only on VHS, and once again its just friends telling story and forget the Tunzi stuff. I want a bio with historical film and a well written story, is that really too much to ask for? I'm getting old and cranky.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:24 pm

r&b wrote:Well thats a matter of taste, but I like The Beatles Anthology mostly because it was done chronologically and told the story of their career mostly by them. Choppy footage is to be expected, otherwise the thing would be 20 volumes with full length songs. I just want the thing to be done professionally. Elvis By The Presleys was awful in my opinion and thats the closest thing we got. The Memphis Mafia was only on VHS, and once again its just friends telling story and forget the Tunzi stuff. I want a bio with historical film and a well written story, is that really too much to ask for? I'm getting old and cranky.

+1

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 am

r&b wrote:
ekenee wrote:Believe me, you DON'T want an anthology set like the Beatles.

No voice overs.
No banners.
No edits.
No blank screen.

Well thats a matter of taste, but I like The Beatles Anthology mostly because it was done chronologically and told the story of their career mostly by them. Choppy footage is to be expected, otherwise the thing would be 20 volumes with full length songs. I just want the thing to be done professionally. Elvis By The Presleys was awful in my opinion and thats the closest thing we got. The Memphis Mafia was only on VHS, and once again its just friends telling story and forget the Tunzi stuff. I want a bio with historical film and a well written story, is that really too much to ask for? I'm getting old and cranky.

It's not too much to ask for, but there are hundreds of story telling documentaries out there. Go get one.
It has already been done. For example, The definitive Elvis, is just what you are looking for. It's about as long as the Beatles anthology.
Quite choppy, and if you get too bored, they cut to Joe Esposito talking about Elvis' smile to get you back into it.
We don't have Elvis here to tell the story so, I don't mind them using full length press conferences and interviews to do that, but
why would anyone WANT edited choppy non-full performances included.

When they cut into the middle of a song to let Charlie Hodge tell us what Elvis was feeling during the time, I will be completely annoyed.

By the way, if you thought Elvis by the presleys was aweful then you won't like EPE idea of an anthology, because that is probably how it will turn out.
We also have "This is Elvis" his whole story, told from the beginning to the end.
WE all know the story up and down and back again.
Seriously, how many times do we need to hear the same stories over and over again.

I never understand fans that are always satisfied with the same ol' same ol'.
And it really is mindblowing that fans just love it when Elvis is singing on the Dorsey shows and in the middle someone
is talking over it, telling us what a historical moment it is.
It was done in the Beatles anthology, and its very frustating.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:37 am

ekenee wrote:We also have "This is Elvis" his whole story, told from the beginning to the end.

My favorite 'til now :smt007

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:40 am

JimmyCool wrote:
ekenee wrote:We also have "This is Elvis" his whole story, told from the beginning to the end.

This is Elvis was good back in the 80's but it is dated now.
And it barely scratched the surface.
Maybe they could do a sequel, "That was Elvis".

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:10 am

ekenee wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:

This is Elvis was good back in the 80's but it is dated now.
And it barely scratched the surface.
Maybe they could do a sequel, "That was Elvis".

It's still very good to the casual fan, a great, entertaining story with a sad end.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:15 pm

If they were going to do an anthology on Elvis, then, of course, the musical performances would be 'cut into' with talking heads. So the complete performances need to be included in their entirety on a 'bonus' disc as 'extras'.
And getting back to the 1961 book with NO DVD, it seems odd that Ernst would say the footage is now left off due to not good enough quality; this is the same label that have released such things as "Moonlight Sonata", out-takes of "Datin'", "America" (a poor quality naff concert performance from 1976) and bad sounding Hayride recordings!?!