Off Topic Messages

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:40 am

Indeed. I'm in my 10th year, as well. Lost over 1,000 posts somehow--and not happy about it--but still here! Rock on, Elvis fans!! :D

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:28 am

I would gladly give you as many of mine as you'd like if I could.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:05 am

You can have mine if you like ! post count has never been a big deal to me !!!

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Rob wrote:I would gladly give you as many of mine as you'd like if I could.


Please forward them as soon as possible. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:20 pm

You can have my post count as well. This is just a messageboard and things like that don't stop the Sun coming up.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 pm

I seem to remember FECC as early as 1997 - I'm sure Willem knows for sure... it was definitely some time before 2003 when I first joined...

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:20 pm

elvis-fan wrote:I seem to remember FECC as early as 1997 - I'm sure Willem knows for sure... it was definitely some time before 2003 when I first joined...




Someone must know how long the FECC has been online ??????????????????????????????????

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 am

KHoots wrote:Please forward them as soon as possible. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Moderators, please forward my posts to KHoots as soon as possible. It would mean a lot to him. Thanks.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:47 am

Rob wrote:
KHoots wrote:Please forward them as soon as possible. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks.

Moderators, please forward my posts to KHoots as soon as possible. It would mean a lot to him. Thanks.




:lol:

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 am

What format was it previously in? A listserv? A Usenet group? Part of a web site bulletin board? You could do threaded discussions with FrontPage extensions if the host had them. About that time. Something else? Just curious.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:37 am

rjm wrote:What format was it previously in? A listserv? A Usenet group? Part of a web site bulletin board? You could do threaded discussions with FrontPage extensions if the host had them. About that time. Something else? Just curious.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2


A listserv? NO

A Usenet group? NO


Part of a web site bulletin board? YES kinda like that. Not sure if it was one of those free forums or hosted in their domain.

Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 am

Francesc wrote:
rjm wrote:What format was it previously in? A listserv? A Usenet group? Part of a web site bulletin board? You could do threaded discussions with FrontPage extensions if the host had them. About that time. Something else? Just curious.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2


A listserv? NO

A Usenet group? NO


Part of a web site bulletin board? YES kinda like that. Not sure if it was one of those free forums or hosted in their domain.

Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.


Thank you! They had to stop most of those bulletin boards (some threaded, some not) because of really dangerous spamming: gigabytes of data would be auto-downloaded to spammers -- I had a "Graffiti Wall" on my academic site, and I was charged $500 in overages, and finally had to just shut it down.

I don't know about 2006, but I can see why they had to switch to the contemporary format. Those old threaded discussions were nice, though. "Google Groups" archives old Usenet posts, and it's like going back in time.

Thanks again! :D

rjm
::rocks

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 am

Francesc wrote:Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.


Please don't remind KHoots of this. It's still a little raw.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:38 pm

londonflash wrote:
Francesc wrote:Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.


Please don't remind KHoots of this. It's still a little raw.


You ain't kiddin'...Fortunately, mom sits with me for a few hours each day.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 pm

KHoots wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Francesc wrote:Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.


Please don't remind KHoots of this. It's still a little raw.


You ain't kiddin'...Fortunately, mom sits with me for a few hours each day.


And that keeps you away from Alizee Pics ?

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:30 am

KHoots wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Francesc wrote:Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.


Please don't remind KHoots of this. It's still a little raw.


You ain't kiddin'...Fortunately, mom sits with me for a few hours each day.


:lol:

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm

So i take it no one remembers what year the form started ??????????????????????????

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:13 pm

ColinB wrote:
KHoots wrote:
londonflash wrote:
Francesc wrote:Also the forum went down around 2006? But they only had an old backup so many people lost their messages and their messages count.


Please don't remind KHoots of this. It's still a little raw.


You ain't kiddin'...Fortunately, mom sits with me for a few hours each day.


And that keeps you away from Alizee Pics ?


No, sir! I wouldn't dream of not supporting your thread. I just wait 'til mom leaves before partaking.

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

rocknroller wrote:So i take it no one remembers what year the form started ??????????????????????????


Maybe it's always been here & they built the internet around it.....................

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:42 pm

ColinB wrote:
rocknroller wrote:So i take it no one remembers what year the form started ??????????????????????????


Maybe it's always been here & they built the internet around it.....................



Remember the days when you were funny colin! what happened !!!

Re: 10th year anniversary as FECC Forum member!

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:53 pm

rocknroller wrote:
ColinB wrote:
rocknroller wrote:So i take it no one remembers what year the form started ??????????????????????????


Maybe it's always been here & they built the internet around it.....................



Remember the days when you were funny colin! what happened !!!


I can't !