Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

This is A Weird Feeling!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42 am

After reading Rex and Tommy (TCB World) both died...I was thinking this about all those Elvis stuff that they had collected over the years. What happened to their stuff? Just think...You are so happy having these great Elvis collectibles, taking great care and don't want anyone to touch your stuff. Then, all of a sudden you drop dead. Who takes your stuff? I never even thought of it, yet! I have doing this for 40 years and the thought of it ...I don't know...it's scary. I feel bad for Rex because he probably still has so much to do as he is enjoying his collectibles and all of a sudden...that's it. :cry:

Re: This is A Weird Feeling!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

As cold as it sounds, when you're dead nothing else matters because you'd cease to exist.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:06 am

I bet you thank God you're an atheist :twisted:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 am

I'm always amused by those that are always angry at God, so much so that they deny that He even exists!

Hilarious.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:43 am

sheila wrote:After reading Rex and Tommy (TCB World) both died...I was thinking this about all those Elvis stuff that they had collected over the years. What happened to their stuff? Just think...You are so happy having these great Elvis collectibles, taking great care and don't want anyone to touch your stuff. Then, all of a sudden you drop dead. Who takes your stuff? I never even thought of it, yet! I have doing this for 40 years and the thought of it ...I don't know...it's scary. I feel bad for Rex because he probably still has so much to do as he is enjoying his collectibles and all of a sudden...that's it. :cry:

It is wise to make plans for any such collection well beforehand. I'd make sure the items were sold with care, and the profits given to a great charity, like Greenpeace or the Humane Society. Or even to an Elvis-related charity, like St. Judes Hospital.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
sheila wrote:After reading Rex and Tommy (TCB World) both died...I was thinking this about all those Elvis stuff that they had collected over the years. What happened to their stuff? Just think...You are so happy having these great Elvis collectibles, taking great care and don't want anyone to touch your stuff. Then, all of a sudden you drop dead. Who takes your stuff? I never even thought of it, yet! I have doing this for 40 years and the thought of it ...I don't know...it's scary. I feel bad for Rex because he probably still has so much to do as he is enjoying his collectibles and all of a sudden...that's it. :cry:

It is wise to make plans for any such collection well beforehand. I'd make sure the items were sold with care, and the profits given to a great charity, like Greenpeace or the Humane Society. Or even to an Elvis-related charity, like St. Judes Hospital.

So, you basically put it in a will: that the collection - or the rarer items - is to go to a certain charity. I would assume they'd auction the items. But perhaps, specifying how it's to be auctioned is even better - to be sure they get the most from the items. One would have to price certain items in one's collection. And that means, you'd have to pick "an age" or if you get sick.

Something to think about.

rjm

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

It depends on whether you have a family or not and in which country you live.
If someone dies, his/her debts are paid first and eventually that is done by selling his/her collection, furniture, et cetera.
As for me, I have my collection for me to enjoy. When I kick the bucket, I have no idea what will happen to it, because I have no idea when I will end to exist.
If it happens now, my family will deposit it in the trash and will be angry because I collected so much worthless stuff.
If it happens in 20 years from now, I probably have sold it all myself or given away.
Either way, it's my life and my money and I do what I want to enjoy collecting.
The only ones getting rich from my demise are the legal people who charge more per hour than I can make in a week.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

sheila wrote:After reading Rex and Tommy (TCB World) both died...I was thinking this about all those Elvis stuff that they had collected over the years.
What happened to their stuff?
Just think...You are so happy having these great Elvis collectibles, taking great care and don't want anyone to touch your stuff.
Then, all of a sudden you drop dead.
Who takes your stuff?

I imagine my grown-up son & daughter will have it all on e-bay soon after I've shuffled off this mortal coil....................

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm

dannyboy1 wrote:I'm always amused by those that are always angry at God, so much so that they deny that He even exists!

Hilarious.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe that any God exists, but I'm not angry :)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm

dannyboy1 wrote:I'm always amused by those that are always angry at God, so much so that they deny that He even exists!

Hilarious.

What's the use of being angry to something that does not exist?

When I kick the bucket (and since I am only 40 years old I hope I still have quite a long way to go), it is up to my daughters and wife. They will probably sell it if the most collectible items are still worth anything. That is if I have not sold it myself before to help pay University for my 4 daughters.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm

if you want your items to be disposed of properly (meaning "not in the trash") then you must include this information in a last will and testament. Even if you fill out your own last will and have it notarized then it would be legal in a court of law. You must also verify how much your stuff is worth and where the money goes once it's sold.
HORROR STORY: an aunt of mine spent years collecting ceramic thimbles. she had hundreds of them. Being her only surviving closest relative, my mother received all her belongings. Well, what the hell were we going to do with 600 ceramic thimbles and all my aunts "stuff?" Most of it was important to her but to the average person...it just looked like a pile of junk. We had a yard sale. Sold each thimble for $3-$5 each. We found out a few years later, from paperwork in my aunts belongings that we had never thoroughly looked at, insurance paperwork that indicated that the thimble collection was worth $40 to $50 thousand dollars!!! :(
Double :wtf:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 pm

I am going to be buried in a casket like this.

Therefore, I am taking some of my collection with me. What I don't take, I am going to leave instructions for a treasure hunt. The first to find it claims the treasure.

Good luck to all of you in advance.
Last edited by Rob on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 am

Mike DK wrote:

Hilarious.

I'm not an atheist... I believe in God, and I'm not angry either! :smt023

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:03 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Mike DK wrote:

Hilarious.

I'm not atheist, I dont believe in God and I'm not angry well only at rjm :mrgreen:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 am

Francesc wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
Mike DK wrote:

Hilarious.

I'm not atheist, I dont believe in God and I'm not angry well only at rjm :mrgreen:

:o

ROFLMAO!!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 am

it really amazes me that people and the country say that they do not believe in God and jesus and that the bible is a fairytale , which i believe in god and jesus and the bible . but if that is what some people beileve then why do they count time by jesus ,b.c and a.d. . the world has counted time by jesus since day 1 , we can all agree that something huge went down that they started counting from 1 - present . as far as elvis goes , when you die and stand before god to take account for your life , elvis will be that last of your worries . ::rocks

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 am

Mike DK wrote:

Hilarious.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe that any God exists

One day, we're all going to find out one way or another. I'm not taking any chances. :D

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 am

Okay...okay...Thanks. I just enjoy my collectibles and if my time is up, so be it. But, I probably will start figuring out who gets what. If I make it longer, I will probably sell them. :smt006

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 pm

elviscollector101 wrote:it really amazes me that people and the country say that they do not believe in God and jesus and that the bible is a fairytale , which i believe in god and jesus and the bible . but if that is what some people beileve then why do they count time by jesus ,b.c and a.d. . the world has counted time by jesus since day 1 , we can all agree that something huge went down that they started counting from 1 - present . as far as elvis goes , when you die and stand before god to take account for your life , elvis will be that last of your worries . ::rocks

For Christians it's 2013, for Chinese it's the year 4710 as of today.
Happy New Year to all Chinese people!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 pm

elviscollector101 wrote:it really amazes me that people and the country say that they do not believe in God and jesus and that the bible is a fairytale , which i believe in god and jesus and the bible . but if that is what some people beileve then why do they count time by jesus ,b.c and a.d. . the world has counted time by jesus since day 1 , we can all agree that something huge went down that they started counting from 1 - present . as far as elvis goes , when you die and stand before god to take account for your life , elvis will be that last of your worries . ::rocks

Please find other places for your missionary works it is highly inappropriate on this forum and I personally find your statement offensive.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Creation or Evolution, Creation meaning intelligent design or Evolution by ramdon chance, Can you really believe this all happend by chance :facep:

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Amazing how a thread can go flying off topic and into space; all I know is that I don't want anyone selling my beloved Christmas ornaments, especially all the Elvis ones!

Can you make a charity display them? Like a Children's hospital? I want them to continue to give joy - not profit.

rjm

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:19 pm

elvisbot wrote:if you want your items to be disposed of properly (meaning "not in the trash") then you must include this information in a last will and testament. ...

My will states that the value of the 'house & contents' will be shared equally between my son & daughter.

So, if they put stuff 'in the trash' instead of getting a proper price for it, then it's their loss...........

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:42 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

That's all very well if you don't have any family or relatives to be taken care of after you've gone.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

If God existed he wouldn't have let Elvis die and keep all the damn impersonators alive would he?