Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Chicago, June 17, 1972 AS..the bang..

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 am

As we all know Elvis gave two shows that day. My question is in which one did the loudspeaker explode
during Johnny B. Goode ? My audience recording is dated as "AS". But I am not sure. Others say it is the "ES".
Funny thing..I contacted someone whose brothers visited the shows..one the AS the other the ES and both
claim the bang happened during their show..lol..

So anybody out there who attended the show in question..? And knows for sure.. :lol: .?

What was the cause for the bang and what exactly did explode..?

Re: Chicago, June 17, 1972 AS..the bang..

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:46 am

I believe it's clearly audible on the AR of the afternoon show. But you obviously have heard that recording. Could be a guitar amp that moved.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 am

Sure it is...but is it really the AS..?..The tape could be wrongly dated..this happens quite often..
There must be eye witnesses or news articles about this incident..

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:52 pm

On the book " Encore performance IV - Back In The Windy City" it's on the AS

"The most unusual moment of the show occured when the noise of a cherry bomb thrown by a fan caused Elvis to ask who shot him !"

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm

This vidéo confirm the AS ? :

Right Clic and save as ...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:52 pm

steevefry wrote:On the book " Encore performance IV - Back In The Windy City" it's on the AS

"The most unusual moment of the show occured when the noise of a cherry bomb thrown by a fan caused Elvis to ask who shot him !"

Thank you..a first hint..I want to collect some.. ::rocks

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:59 pm

steevefry wrote:This vidéo confirm the AS ? :

Right Clic and save as ...

The book "Fashion For A King" and other sources state that Elvis wore a "Three-Piece Suit" (jacket, pants, cape) during the AS and the "Blue Nail Suit" during the ES. If we find a clip and compare with the cdr we have the solution given that the clip was not dubbed or the dubbing matches. Is there a clip containing the bang..? Or do we have dialogue..? Intros..?
If someone posts a helpful clip I could compare with the cdr..

I just saw ..the clip posted above with That`s All Right..shows Elvis on the left during the AS and on the right hand side on the ES....but to which show does the audio belong..? That`s the question..

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 pm

It's the AS ... no doubt for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:39 pm

By any chance, the audience recording you have, does it contain Al Dvorin saying good afternoon or evening in the end after Closing Vamp? That would solve the question.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Renan wrote:By any chance, the audience recording you have, does it contain Al Dvorin saying good afternoon or evening in the end after Closing Vamp? That would solve the question.

Good one.. :lol: ..that was the first thing I did....the Closing Vamp is incomplete..

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 pm

The concert years cd-r stops right after the point the announcer says ''Elvis Has Left The Building''. lol why are they so cruel

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:42 am

I always had this tape as Matinee show.
I thought Elvis dropped the mic or something and it fell onto the stage.
But blowing an amp sounds more logical.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:11 am

i'v got an original tape recorded from an audience member i will check it out tonight to see if it has anything on the end of it

but yep the loud bang is very loud

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

I dubbed the footage with the audience recording and it matches. The bang moment was not filmed, helas

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Wiebe wrote:I dubbed the footage with the audience recording and it matches. The bang moment was not filmed, helas

Did the same thing and its saving so people can see. Its the two piece footage indeed

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

See for yourself. ''Fits like a glove''

phpBB [video]

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm

That is it..thank you..!

::rocks

To save it from drowning to nowhere land I will let it remove to our Cisco Corner.. :wink:

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm

On my audience tape you can hear audience member say to his friend i think it was the spotlight

i haven't heard the cd are so can't tell which recording is better

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 pm

That`s ineresting..perhaps you cn make sure.. ::rocks