Off Topic Messages

Richard III

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:31 am

As a fan of the scientific method and also history, I think to myself, isn't science wonderul?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-le ... e-21063882

Re: Richard III

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:03 am

Suds wrote:As a fan of the scientific method and also history, I think to myself, isn't science wonderful?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21063882

That's a fantastic story. I didn't even know his bones had been missing!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 am

Fascinating.

Did anyone see the programme on C4 about the dig and subsequent scientific analysis of the bones last night?

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:18 am

Richard III.JPG

Face reconstructed from the skull found.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:36 pm

That face doesn't look a thing like Basil Rathbone or Vincent Price.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Pete Dube wrote:That face doesn't look a thing like Basil Rathbone or Vincent Price.

It's neither.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:50 pm

It was a joke Colin. They both played him.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:54 am

Pete Dube wrote:It was a joke Colin. They both played him.

I knew that...........

Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Leicestershire Police have wasted no time and have already arrested and charged a local black man with murder. :evil:

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Regarding the discovery of Richard III's remains, this is interesting news, but I'm not really surprised. I had a hunch he'd be back.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:55 pm

It's clear the authorities bent over backwards to find him.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

The Queen is said to be delighted. Richard III was always held in high regard and considered to be the spine of the Royal Family.

I'm here all week!

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 pm

As I heard someone remark: "Found In Tesco's car park? He found his horse after all."

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 am

The really interesting part for me was the opinions raised by many that his character had been blackened by the Tudors and Shakespeare, turning him into a hunchback villian for their own political motives. Oil portraits upon being x-rayed had been found to have been altered with hunchback and sinister eyes added at later dates. Then the discovery of his remains in fact reafirming his curveture of the spine. A real centuries old murder mystery story.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Eddie wrote:The really interesting part for me was the opinions raised by many that his character had been blackened by the Tudors and Shakespeare, turning him into a hunchback villian for their own political motives.
Oil portraits upon being x-rayed had been found to have been altered with hunchback and sinister eyes added at later dates.
Then the discovery of his remains in fact reafirming his curveture of the spine.
A real centuries old murder mystery story.

The remains prove he had some physical deformity.

But its nature & extent have been exaggerated over the years by those wishing to further blacken his character.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Eddie wrote:The really interesting part for me was the opinions raised by many that his character had been blackened by the Tudors and Shakespeare, turning him into a hunchback villian for their own political motives. Oil portraits upon being x-rayed had been found to have been altered with hunchback and sinister eyes added at later dates. Then the discovery of his remains in fact reafirming his curveture of the spine. A real centuries old murder mystery story.

Richard III what happened!?

Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:20 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Eddie wrote:The really interesting part for me was the opinions raised by many that his character had been blackened by the Tudors and Shakespeare, turning him into a hunchback villian for their own political motives. Oil portraits upon being x-rayed had been found to have been altered with hunchback and sinister eyes added at later dates. Then the discovery of his remains in fact reafirming his curveture of the spine. A real centuries old murder mystery story.

Richard III what happened!?

He died.