Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 pm

fn2drive wrote:Isnt that the guitar from the 69 las vegas appearances?

Yes it is
James' fabulous site gives the details.

http://www.scottymoore.net/56J200.html

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Steve Morse wrote:Even if this were 100% genuine, it wouldn't qualify as 'awesome' - a word that has totally lost its meaning. In that event, 'extremely rare' might be appropriate.

The discovery of the excellent quality live recording of "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" - now that was something.

I agree.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:01 pm

somebody's going to do well on ebay...

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:05 pm

I have never seen that sticker, but my Stereo copy of Vol 3 had that picture booklet. It has been so long since my collection was stolen I had completely forgotten about that booklet!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:17 pm

I wouldn't believe anything Alaniz says. This looks very suspicious!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 pm

promiseland wrote:Since the picture folio DID NOT come packaged with the LP under the shrink, and was handed out separate with the purchase of the LP (see attachment below from http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2765-elv ... -volume-3/ ) this is without doubt another "Stiil Sealed" scam of a home made stretch wrap job trying to be passed off as an original. I think we can all be quite assured the sticker is fake also.

Well that's disappointing but I did wonder why that booklet was shrink-wrapped on the outside of the LP... thanks PL.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I think that the word "awesome" is appropiate for vinyl collector´s :roll:. Every time a new discovery comes out vinyl collectors appreciate those finds. The example posted about the newly found recording 1955 "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" is appropiate as well but recording wise :wink:.

Please don´t shoot the messenger, I found out about this info recently but if people are offended or don´t find it interesting, next time I will keep the info for myself. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Just keep on sharing Mike, it is appreciated. Too bad it may well be a fake but it resulted in a great thread. @BillyTheKid: if you do not understand what is awesome in terms of vinyl collectors then please spare us your foolish comments only intended to derail the thread.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:51 am

Greybeard wrote:plus the book came in a printed envelope- a rare part of this not seen often. I had one in its original envelope for many years (it came from Colonel Parker's office to me). I sold years back though. If this was indeed original I'd expect it to be in that envelope.

It is strange that this topic came up, I have had in my emails waiting to add to the site pics of the envelope and poster. I just added them to the site.
http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-2765-elv ... -volume-3/
http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2765-elv ... -volume-3/
Enjoy!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 am

That is the one!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 pm

elvisrecords.us wrote:
Greybeard wrote:plus the book came in a printed envelope- a rare part of this not seen often. I had one in its original envelope for many years (it came from Colonel Parker's office to me). I sold years back though. If this was indeed original I'd expect it to be in that envelope.

It is strange that this topic came up, I have had in my emails waiting to add to the site pics of the envelope and poster. I just added them to the site.
Enjoy!

I do enjoy. But the most important information is missing: where can I order this envelope...

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
elvisrecords.us wrote:

Enjoy!

I do enjoy. But the most important information is missing: where can I order this envelope...

+ 1 ;)
Great LP, i have this Mono in Mint condition with the booklet, really nice one
and thank you Mike for bringing this here

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

All those who found this info awesome :wink:, thank you for your support ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 pm

california boy wrote:
Albert Goldman wrote:
elvisrecords.us wrote:

Enjoy!

+ 1 ;)
Great LP, i have this Mono in Mint condition with the booklet, really nice one
and thank you Mike for bringing this here

This is off topic, but I say it anyway: LPM-2765 is one of the greatest mono records of Elvis. The original vinyl sounds fantastic and songs are just dynamite - exept Good Luck Charm.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:20 am

I would like to apology for any confusion I may have caused :oops:. The mentioned LP is not in sealed condition, when I found the picture I assumed it was in still sealed condition :facep:. :sosorry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Is this on Ebay .......
If not where is it being sold .

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi there!, :D :D :D.

ElvisFan wrote:Is this on Ebay .......
If not where is it being sold .

Robert Alaniz mega Elvis collector/dealer is the proud owner of the LP 8), it is not for sale on eBay, please contact him for the selling price. Hope this help!. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 am

Robert Alaniz owner of Soundz Good records has just posted on FACEBOOK the back-ground story on this amazing find 8). Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

AS PROMISED, here is more information about the recently discovered ELVIS' GOLD RECORDS VOLUME 3 with Sticker & Bonus Book.

I got it from a record store where a woman, whose mother just passed away, came in to sell her Elvis albums. They were all still in the original LP carrying cases (the one's where people could use thin cardboard divider inserts to catalog the records in the case). Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 3 was in there and what you see in the picture is EXACTLY how it came out of the case.

It is was NOT sealed and even though the LP has shrinkwrap on it, the record is a first pressing with a silver stereo label. A little unusual since most silver stereo labels came in baggies, but not impossible.

In Presleyana VII, it states that the bonus book was a give-away with the purchase of the LP. That is correct. That's how this book was obtained in record stores back then. The book was also mailed to fan clubs and Elvis fans in a special promotional envelope.

HOWEVER, it now appears that it ALSO came this way too. In a limited quantity. Jerry Osborne and I believe that this was NOT done by RCA at the factory. Nor was the sticker. Like the "Return To Sender" sticker found on a 1976 reissue of "Girls! Girls! Girls!", this was probably put on the shrink by a record distributor to their helps sales.

The bonus book is under the shrink here and after close examination, there are indentations in the shrinkwrap made by the book (when it was first shrinkwraped). It looks like maybe when the shrinkwrap was opened, the book shifted its position slightly leaving an indentation of where the book originally was.

The reason no one has seen this sticker before is simple. It is most likely because when people who bought the LP at the time ripped the shrinkwrap off to get to the book. The same reason it's so hard to find the "From Memphis To Vegas" sticker, as people ripped off the shrink to open the double LP.

As in most cases, there is no way of knowing exactly how or why this was done. All we can do is speculate based on what we know from our own collecting experiences and what was actually documented by RCA. Whatever the case, this is really a great historic find for Elvis LP collectors.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 am

The sticker may have been recently discovered, but the bonus book sure isn't! The book/poster has been well documented for YEARS. And I used to own one.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:
The reason no one has seen this sticker before is simple. It is most likely because when people who bought the LP at the time ripped the shrinkwrap off to get to the book. The same reason it's so hard to find the "From Memphis To Vegas" sticker, as people ripped off the shrink to open the double LP.

[/color]

I don't know what to think about this discovery, but this is not a proof of anything: lots of records in shrink has survived from 1963 (not long ago there was even Girls! Girls! Girls! in a sealed baggy with the 1963 calender offered in Ebay) and we have known about the sticker in Memphis/Vegas -double LP for ages. I certainly hope that this new sticker is not a fake, but...

Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am

Albert Goldman wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:

[/color]

I don't know what to think about this discovery, but this is not a proof of anything: lots of records in shrink has survived from 1963 (not long ago there was even Girls! Girls! Girls! in a sealed baggy with the 1963 calender offered in Ebay) and we have known about the sticker in Memphis/Vegas -double LP for ages.I certainly hope that this new sticker is not a fake, but...

Excellent point. Have to have some proof... old advertisements... documents from maybe a printing company making these stickers or at least identifying the stores where they were sold.

I would think this type of packaging (effort-cost) would have been in more than one store to get the best possible return... more sales!