Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:16 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Major Elvis collector/dealer Robert Alaniz (Soundz Good Records owner) has just posted an amazing picture of a still sealed original Elvis´Gold Records Vol 3 with an unreleased sticker :smt007. Would love to have it in my collection 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Image

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:04 am

He should give it to one of us.


LPM-2765 Elvis' Golden Records, Volume 3
http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-2765-elvis-golden-records-volume-3/


LSP-2765 Elvis' Golden Records, Volume 3
http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2765-elvis-golden-records-volume-3/

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 am

Wow, it does look awesome! Thanks for posting ::rocks

Don't recall hearing or seeing any factory still sealed shrink-wrap albums having the Bonus Photo Booklet inside.

Can't make out the Yellow Sticker… Have a close-up?

Elvis is still doing well... Last month Elvis' Golden Records Volume 3 LPM In Shrink w/Bonus Photo Booklet sold for US $137.

Image
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Golden-Re ... 7675.l2557

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:01 am

EPA4368 wrote:Wow, it does look awesome! Thanks for posting ::rocks

Don't recall hearing or seeing any factory still sealed shrink-wrap albums having the Bonus Photo Booklet inside.

Can't make out the Yellow Sticker… Have a close-up?



630816_LSP 2785_sticker.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 am

did that come with all egr 3 copies?

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Wow, it does look awesome! Thanks for posting ::rocks

Don't recall hearing or seeing any factory still sealed shrink-wrap albums having the Bonus Photo Booklet inside.

Can't make out the Yellow Sticker… Have a close-up?


Image
630816_LSP 2785_sticker.JPG


Thanks, Doc! ::rocks

Doubt packaged by factory, don't see album's cat# LPM/LSP-2765 anywhere on sticker. Probably packaged by store but still awesome!

Image
Image
Image

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:42 am

I'm sorry but what is so awesome about this? I'm not a record collector so maybe I'm missing something. Is there an unreleased track or something?

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:48 am

ElvisTheKid wrote:I'm sorry but what is so awesome about this? I'm not a record collector so maybe I'm missing something. Is there an unreleased track or something?

It's a still sealed, rare, never played Elvis vinyl LP from 1963... that's what's so awesome about it...

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 am

Since the picture folio DID NOT come packaged with the LP under the shrink, and was handed out separate with the purchase of the LP (see attachment below from http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2765-elv ... -volume-3/ ) this is without doubt another "Stiil Sealed" scam of a home made stretch wrap job trying to be passed off as an original. I think we can all be quite assured the sticker is fake also.

I guess these people forget there are now great sites on the web to verify this kind of trickery.

By for now :smt006 :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:50 am

plus the book came in a printed envelope- a rare part of this not seen often.

I had one in its original envelope for many years (it came from Colonel Parker's office to me). I sold years back though.

If this was indeed original I'd expect it to be in that envelope.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:36 am

I found a Promised Land Quad in a used book, cd, vinyl shop a couple of weeks ago. Paid $5 for it. Nm/Nm. :smt006

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 am

promiseland wrote:Since the picture folio DID NOT come packaged with the LP under the shrink, and was handed out separate with the purchase of the LP (see attachment below from http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2765-elv ... -volume-3/ ) this is without doubt another "Stiil Sealed" scam of a home made stretch wrap job trying to be passed off as an original. I think we can all be quite assured the sticker is fake also.

I guess these people forget there are now great sites on the web to verify this kind of trickery.

By for now :smt006 :roll:


Totally agree.

US vinyl re-sellers ..etc... DO NOT know what to invent anymore !

After their business crashed down because of Internet & on-line auctions where people can buy cheap everywhere...they try to invent sealings...stickers..etc...in order to make common things HIGH VALUABLE THINGS.

Perhaps I'm wrong...but I'd bet they will rush to list this other artfact in the next Presleyana passing it off as original package (sticker + sealing).

Again, I'd advice : DO NOT BUY > sealed & MINT & MINT- Elvis items.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 am

EPA4368 wrote:Wow, it does look awesome! Thanks for posting ::rocks

Don't recall hearing or seeing any factory still sealed shrink-wrap albums having the Bonus Photo Booklet inside.

Can't make out the Yellow Sticker… Have a close-up?

Elvis is still doing well... Last month Elvis' Golden Records Volume 3 LPM In Shrink w/Bonus Photo Booklet sold for US $137.

Image
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Golden-Re ... 7675.l2557


The sticker is interesting... never seen one... it may be fake...

I think that collectors would pay more than 137 dollars for nm copy of Golden Records Volume 3 in shrink w/Booklet, if it was the first pressing but the one that was sold last month is not. So Elvis is doing better than that!

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 am

Even if this were 100% genuine, it wouldn't qualify as 'awesome' - a word that has totally lost its meaning. In that event, 'extremely rare' might be appropriate.

The discovery of the excellent quality live recording of "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" - now that was something.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 pm

promiseland wrote:Since the picture folio DID NOT come packaged with the LP under the shrink, and was handed out separate with the purchase of the LP (see attachment below from http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-2765-elv ... -volume-3/ ) this is without doubt another "Stiil Sealed" scam of a home made stretch wrap job trying to be passed off as an original. I think we can all be quite assured the sticker is fake also.

I guess these people forget there are now great sites on the web to verify this kind of trickery.

By for now :smt006 :roll:



I'm with you Promiseland.. I picked up on the quote also from Elvis Records us about it not being packaged with the LP, and i always thought Robert was one of the good guys dealt with him years ago and was always very pleased with his service..

still lovin your avatars PL

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I think that the word "awesome" is appropiate for vinyl collector´s :roll:. Every time a new discovery comes out vinyl collectors appreciate those finds. The example posted about the newly found recording 1955 "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" is appropiate as well but recording wise :wink:.

Please don´t shoot the messenger, I found out about this info recently but if people are offended or don´t find it interesting, next time I will keep the info for myself. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:12 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I think that the word "awesome" is appropiate for vinyl collector´s :roll:. Every time a new discovery comes out vinyl collectors appreciate those finds. The example posted about the newly found recording 1955 "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" is appropiate as well but recording wise :wink:.

Please don´t shoot the messenger, I found out about this info recently but if people are offended or don´t find it interesting, next time I will keep the info for myself. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


Mike, awesome is appropiate word! (if it isn't fake, and even then it is still interesting)

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Isnt that the guitar from the 69 las vegas appearances?

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:52 pm

I have been collecting Elvis forever. Never have I seen or heard of that photo book being sealed with the album. It was always handed out separately. I still have mine from the record store in 1963. I think this was a scam and someone got ripped-off badly.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Albert Goldman wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I think that the word "awesome" is appropiate for vinyl collector´s :roll:. Every time a new discovery comes out vinyl collectors appreciate those finds. The example posted about the newly found recording 1955 "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" is appropiate as well but recording wise :wink:.

Please don´t shoot the messenger, I found out about this info recently but if people are offended or don´t find it interesting, next time I will keep the info for myself. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


Mike, awesome is appropiate word! (if it isn't fake, and even then it is still interesting)


Thank you for your comprehension and it means more to me when it comes from an Elvis collector like you :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for the info guys. As an avid vinyl collector there is something about 'still sealed' that immediately rings bells. They should have DNA testing on album sealing. :D

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:Wow, it does look awesome! Thanks for posting ::rocks

Don't recall hearing or seeing any factory still sealed shrink-wrap albums having the Bonus Photo Booklet inside.

Can't make out the Yellow Sticker… Have a close-up?

Elvis is still doing well... Last month Elvis' Golden Records Volume 3 LPM In Shrink w/Bonus Photo Booklet sold for US $137.

Image
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-Golden-Re ... 7675.l2557


The sticker is interesting... never seen one... it may be fake...

I think that collectors would pay more than 137 dollars for nm copy of Golden Records Volume 3 in shrink w/Booklet, if it was the first pressing but the one that was sold last month is not. So Elvis is doing better than that!


Good point! :smt023

First pressing...
Image
pic http://www.elvisrecords.us/lpm-2765-elv ... -volume-3/

I believe frist pressing had the black, white, and turquoise sleeve.
Image
Last edited by EPA4368 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I think that the word "awesome" is appropiate for vinyl collector´s :roll:. Every time a new discovery comes out vinyl collectors appreciate those finds. The example posted about the newly found recording 1955 "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" is appropiate as well but recording wise :wink:.

Please don´t shoot the messenger, I found out about this info recently but if people are offended or don´t find it interesting, next time I will keep the info for myself. Thank you!. Bye for now :smt006.


Mike, awesome is appropiate word! (if it isn't fake, and even then it is still interesting)


Totally agree!

I'm sure many others members also appreciate you posting these finds!

Thanks! ::rocks

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I found a better image, on Soundz Good Records Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soundz-Go ... 2273124490
Reads:

FREE! FREE! FREE!
in this album
an ELVIS PRESLEY
16 PAGE COLOR PHOTO
FOLIO PLUS
Giant Size Pin-up Picture
of ELVIS

Image

Re: AWESOME ELVIS RECORD FOUND

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 pm

houndog wrote:... I'm with you Promiseland.. I picked up on the quote also from Elvis Records us about it not being packaged with the LP...

While I don't always cite everything that I write on the site, that statement is from years of collecting and research. From Presleyana VII, page 131., the quote is "Some buyers of this LP received an 8" x 10" photo booklet with a fold-out color pin-up from record retailers; however, this booklet was not packaged with the LP. Copies also exist of this booklet without the pin-up." I have also looked at a couple of other older books on Elvis' discography, and while reference to the booklet is there, no statement is made to it's connection to the record.